PDA

View Full Version : Winter Ride, Conquests on Tracks

Rock Doctor
02-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Made a trip in to the bush for a few days with my girls. Wife wanted to take in the "Womans Weekend" without any distractions from the rest of us, so we lefthttp://www.6x6world.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
Weather was OK, temps dropping down around -20C at night and up as high as -5C in the day. Mostly clear skys.
The trip into the Cabins was relativly uneventfull. We did break open some trails that had not been used yet this winter. Some of the trails were really tight to navigate with the axle extensions and wide tracks.
Oldest daughter is 8yrs old and managed to make the trip in without any problems.
It's amaizing how different the landscape looks under a couple feet of snow. There were a few times there when I was not sure just exactly where I was supposed to go.

Trip in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MykHGMa6ap4

Someone made off with a bunch of my Firewood, so we had to make a trip out to gather up some more. We went into an old drained Beaver Pond, to cut up some wood. Holy Cow those are nasty places to ride. Stumps, logs, holes, runs, deadfall and brush........ We never stayed long. I managed to step into a hole that I couldn`t reach the bottom of. The snow cover made it look OK, but looks can be decieving. I also backed over a stump that managed to stick itself up between my 2 back axles on the drivers side. Luckly, this time, I got it to break off so I could keep moving (Last time this happened, I had to pull a tire out of the tracks, and poke my chainsaw in the hole to cut the stump offhttp://www.6x6world.com/forums/images/smilies/help.gif)

Wood Trip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpzltMkpeWE

Fun Ride in the snow down to a friends cabin, we just went out looking for something to do. Found a couple hills to climb. In their current configurations, the Adair Tracks seem to be working better than the Supertracks. The snow is very loose and crystaly, seems to be working like marbles under the Supertracks, the larger paddles on the Adair Tracks seem to work better in these conditions. The "flat light" makes everything looks flat, but if you watch, you will see that we do have a few hills around to play on.

Fun Trip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIk4FqbjO_s

The trip back to the truck on Sunday was fun, my second daughter (7yrs old) drove one machine all the way out (eldest daughter had a "tummy ache". We came across a couple guys in a new Bombadier Comander "Limited Edition" on Tracks. Well, it was on 3 tracks, the 4th track was peeled off the front passenger side. They tried to climb up a creek bank that had a narrow trail up it. Too narrow for the tracks, causing the machine to drive out of one track. Having experienced this myself, I had another route in mind to get out of the creek.
Not as warm as the trip in, but still a nice day

Trip out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW0R6M1iPQ8

So, anyway, that was my weekend with the girls

RD

moosinaround
02-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Those girls are almost more capable on those rigs than some guys I have ridden with!! Nice vids Doc, thanks again! Moosin

Rock Doctor
02-06-2012, 02:11 PM
They are definatly getting a feel for it. I think the girls are starting to think about where they can go and where they can't, learning the limitations of the machines and having a bunch of fun in the process, lol.

RD

Drillbit
02-06-2012, 02:46 PM
That's awesome, great job out there Dad, good memories for sure.

Looks like a great weekend! Here's a song to go with it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQe3DKDQRRs

MOOSE MILK
02-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Looks like a great fun weekend your kids will never forget it!

Mr. Dean
02-06-2012, 06:05 PM
They are definatly getting a feel for it. I think the girls are starting to think about where they can go and where they can't, learning the limitations of the machines and having a bunch of fun in the process, lol.

RD

What are their limitations?

M.Dean
02-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Looking at how your Daughters can handle the Argos and enjoy the outdoors with Dad, and have a great time without I Pads and going to the malls on the weekend is incredible! You and your girls set a example of what life is like with out the Internet and Video Games!!! Maybe let the kids know there's lots of us that wish we had the courage to sit in the back of the Argos and spend a weekend up there doing a bit of fishing, and just ripping around the trails! Excellent Videos, thanks for some great entertainment, keep up the good work, your Videos are always worth watching, Thanks RD!!!

Rock Doctor
02-07-2012, 11:44 AM
What are their limitations?

Imagination......... :mrgreen:
The problem is trying to get them to use some in any given situation:-?. I can talk them through "turning around in a tight spot", but they won't even try themselves sometimes, if they THINK they can't do it.

Looking at how your Daughters can handle the Argos and enjoy the outdoors with Dad, and have a great time without I Pads and going to the malls on the weekend is incredible! You and your girls set a example of what life is like with out the Internet and Video Games!!! Maybe let the kids know there's lots of us that wish we had the courage to sit in the back of the Argos and spend a weekend up there doing a bit of fishing, and just ripping around the trails! Excellent Videos, thanks for some great entertainment, keep up the good work, your Videos are always worth watching, Thanks RD!!!

Great Comment, the kids love it, lol. Smiles all around at the moment.
Glad to hear that I havn't bored you all to death with the family type posts:wink:.

I'm here to tell ya, doing something like this is a lot of work, but well worth it in the long run. The kids have great stories to tell their friends. Stories that many "parents" don't even believe untill they see the vids. My kids have now gotten to the point where they want to invite friends on these little adventures........................ That idea makes me a little uncomfortable, not sure how many more of them I can keep an eye on out there. Might have to invite other parents to help out, lol.

RD

Mr. Dean
02-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Imagination......... :mrgreen:
The problem is trying to get them to use some in any given situation:-?. I can talk them through "turning around in a tight spot", but they won't even try themselves sometimes, if they THINK they can't do it.

(belly chuckles....)
I was meaning the machines. :wink:

Husky7mm
02-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Very neat video, and a day in the woods with your kids is always time well spend!
I have tracks for my quad and we have 4 ATVs in our garage. My kids have been riding since they were 5 yrs old. I would like to get an ARGO next. How reliable is the ARGO? I see you use yours the way I would if I had one. Cheers

Rock Doctor
02-08-2012, 07:42 PM
(belly chuckles....)
I was meaning the machines. :wink:

I know:wink:

Very neat video, and a day in the woods with your kids is always time well spend!
I have tracks for my quad and we have 4 ATVs in our garage. My kids have been riding since they were 5 yrs old. I would like to get an ARGO next. How reliable is the ARGO? I see you use yours the way I would if I had one. Cheers

They are very reliable, IF they recieve a little maintenance............ If you are mechanically inclined, and are willing to put a bit of time into them, they are fine.
Basically, these things are a Lawnmower engine, a differential (Trans), some bearings and chains all dumped into a waterproof tub. That's it.

RD

pronghorn
02-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Great videos of the weekend man the girls are awsome with the machines, this is what every kid needs to realize that theres more to live than video games face book and cell phones.Looks like you all had a great time keep them coming