PDA

View Full Version : River float ideas

flyboy
02-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Just looking for some imput. I want to do a river float for moose near PG. Any info or experiance you want to share would be great. Anyone do the upper Salmon? I am leaning that way.

TKS

junkyard_g
02-05-2012, 03:20 PM
i heard the salmon is super shallow and is a tough float. second hand info though. might just be the lower salmon i heard about.

nap
02-05-2012, 05:03 PM
In hunting season there may be next to no water on either the upper or lower parts of the salmom, good boating at the end of april beginning of may but that doesn't do you much good. I have floated it a few times with different results. Lots of log jams. PM if you want a bit more info. Glad to help you out if I can.

blacklab
02-05-2012, 06:27 PM
When I was in Vanderhoof, always wanted to do a hunt on the Middle and the Tachi. I've been up and down both a lot times under power but would like to do a slow trip.
Lots of waterfowl on the Middle and the fishing is excellent.
Another trip I thought would be interesting is the Omineca from Old Hogum to Germanson Landing, not that long a trip but used to be lots of moose .

vip_ruger
02-05-2012, 07:38 PM
float the parsinp you can drive up along way then take out at the bridge on the hiway u need a draw but dont think there hard to get its a good trip

moosinaround
02-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Float the Chilako river. 7-10. 7-12B and parts of 7-15. Put in off the Pelican, and get out at the Nechako. Probably a good 2-3 day float trip! Moosin