PDA

View Full Version : back from rock creek

mapguy
10-13-2006, 09:53 AM
well we made it back . truck problems belts came off again. armstrong steering all the way back.Wasn't all bad though. checked out conkle lake saw around 10 vehicles in one camp left that area . went to crouse creek to have a look we went about 10 km spoted a buck and a doe .we took him one shot.
decided there must be a few around so headed back down the road to find a campsite . got the trailer set up and tried to turn the truck around up on the road lost all the belts got them back on except for air conditioner . Parked the truck and skinned him out .decided to stay and check out the area and hoped it wouldn,t get any warmer.went out for a look towards 5pm spotted does had met a hunter with his boys who had doe draws. told them the does were feeding in the falling area .saw nine does the next morning.Mon we went for a hunt got up to the sunny area warm as hell .told the wife it was our last clearcut too warm spotteda buck 2 min later we took him . 200 yrds 1 shot
so all in all we can,t complain wanted to see the area though

Ozone
10-13-2006, 10:03 AM
and the pics?

Iron-Head
10-13-2006, 10:04 AM
WT or MD? congrats on a successful hunt, Any pics?
Symon

Leaseman
10-13-2006, 10:10 AM
Way to go!!!!....any pics......?????

Monashee
10-13-2006, 01:26 PM
I know all those roads you mentioned , nice country if it wasn't for all those hunters ! ;)

Hope the meat was ok , this warm weather is pretty weird .

Glad your hunt was rewarding.

mapguy
10-13-2006, 03:37 PM
mule deer lots of hunters

beeker
10-13-2006, 07:33 PM
come on man... we need pictures

mapguy
10-14-2006, 07:45 AM
sorry no pics have to geta digital cam

mark
10-14-2006, 08:06 AM
Man you dont even tell us how big the bucks were! And no pics either. Your story is lacking some important details!

Seth
10-14-2006, 08:50 AM
We just back yeasterday and same story, too many hunters! The last couple years we have seen very few hunters this time of year but this year was rediculous. We might give the area a rest for next year. I can vouch for John's first mule deer. We bumped into each other up there on Saturday jst after he took the muley. We didn't find many mule deer ut the old man took a whitetail and our other hunting partner took a 135 -145 class whitetail buck on wednesday. He must of been the big one in that area for now because he was with a group of 8-9 does. I had my oppurtunities even one for that buck but just couldn't connect. Oh well, I guess that's how it goes sometimes. A good trip in any case.

Robert_G
10-14-2006, 08:55 AM
You have to remember, that on Oct 10th, a grand total of 450 + doe tags come into play (8-12 8-14), plus another 75 or so Junior doe tags....not to mention, its usually Thanksgiving weekend to boot.

You won't find a busier week then the 10th of Oct anywhere in the southern third of the province for hunting.
I go up to Rock Creek in Nov for the rut, and I always have a nice spot to myself.

DropTines
10-14-2006, 03:30 PM
You have to remember, that on Oct 10th, a grand total of 450 + doe tags come into play (8-12 8-14), plus another 75 or so Junior doe tags....not to mention, its usually Thanksgiving weekend to boot.

You won't find a busier week then the 10th of Oct anywhere in the southern third of the province for hunting.
I go up to Rock Creek in Nov for the rut, and I always have a nice spot to myself.
I go up to Rock creek for the rut to, and at first we hunted a spot with lots of hunters then we found a spot with a good amount of deer and not many hunters, also my partner missed on a nice whitey
________
Marijuana joint (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

browningboy
10-14-2006, 09:48 PM
The trick to Rock Creek, find "Richelou" its close to Westbridge and just off the old Kettle Valley Railway path, the rivers on your right hand side (when facing north) and somewhat close to a campground. This is an awesome road that goes a long ways (walking) and theres nobody ever there and always a bear or deer. Can't say no more, my buddy will kill me!:mad:

ruger#1
10-14-2006, 09:50 PM
i hunt rockcreek , and there are alot more areas then that one. try bridevile road its good for whitetails.

Mckinney Creek Adventures
10-14-2006, 10:19 PM
You guys know how to keep a secret?

Archive
10-15-2006, 12:35 AM
Hey Browningboy, does your buddy or you drive a blue toy pickup?

DropTines
10-15-2006, 06:11 AM
The trick to Rock Creek, find "Richelou" its close to Westbridge and just off the old Kettle Valley Railway path, the rivers on your right hand side (when facing north) and somewhat close to a campground. This is an awesome road that goes a long ways (walking) and theres nobody ever there and always a bear or deer. Can't say no more, my buddy will kill me!:mad:

"and theres nobody ever there", well that's nice to know but, now everyone knows your hunting spot, where theres bear, and deer, but dont plan on seeing me there
________
MARIJUANA CARD (http://medicalmarijuanacard.info)

mapguy
10-15-2006, 08:01 AM
glad you guys took one seth

browningboy
10-15-2006, 01:17 PM
No we don't drive a blue toy truck, and yes guys will joke that I gave away a spot but best of luck finding it! But the good thing is no matter what, its more fun than anything just being out!8)

DropTines
10-15-2006, 07:07 PM
No we don't drive a blue toy truck, and yes guys will joke that I gave away a spot but best of luck finding it! But the good thing is no matter what, its more fun than anything just being out!8)
you got that right, love checkin out some new country