PDA

View Full Version : Funniest dog stories

rocksteady
02-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Since its the off season and people are looking for a reason to post something, how about you post your funniest dog stories for all to enjoy and laugh at...

Posted this in Hunting Dogs, maybe should have put it in Open Chat, but don't think it really matters...

Post your funniest about interacting with man's best friend....

Here is mine:

We used to have a Boxer/Bull Mastiff female that was a very unique dog..

One day I took her for a walk , on a leash of course, cause we all know about the killer deer in Cranny :)

Sorry, I digress...

So we are walking about 5 blocks from my house, she is being very well behaved on the leash, enjoying the exercise and sunshine....Then she spots this tan and white cocker spaniel sitting on a persons porch and comes absolutely unglued.....Barking , growling, hair standing straight up....

We stood at the end of the persons sidewalk for a minute, let the dog settle down a hair and then led her up to the "dog".....SHe was very aggressive, ttrying to show dominance, hair still all spiked on her back......

Just as we got nose to nose with the spaniel, my dog was absolutely embarassed...............

It was a life size porcelain figurine sitting on the step :) :)

The wife and I laughed so hard at the dogs expense.....

eastkoot
02-02-2012, 10:22 AM
When I lived at the 108 we had a golden retriever who went across the street to visit like she always did. Anyway, Mikey the neighbor was getting ready to BBQ and had his steaks set out and had gone into the house. Dog found them and brought two packs of cello wrapped steaks home , not a puncture in either package. I let the neighbor stew and run around for about 1/2 hour then took his supper back to him..

labrador
02-02-2012, 10:40 AM
About 4 years ago I put my dog breakfast on her bowl and I am in rush to drive my children to school so they won't be late. I then went straight to Home Depot to buy some hardware. When I got home I saw my labrador still looking at her bowl with food in it and she is drooling. I forgot to say the word"EAT". My dog will never touch her food until we say the word. We can leave any kind of meat on the dining table or coffee table overnight and she won't touch it. GOOD DOG!

huntinnewbie
02-02-2012, 10:47 AM
We had a chocolate lab many years ago. he was fearless until it came to bugs or spiders. he would go into fierce barking, wanna bite it, no to scary, maybe touch it with my paw, nope that's to scary also, and then he would suddenly mash his shoulder into the bug and roll on it. Once it was good and squished then he was brave enough to check it out a little closer. He was too funny.

02-02-2012, 11:08 AM
hmmmmm,

When Chase was a pup he had issus with tearing up his bed. Me and the wife were up fishing with the dog exploring. Chase decided it was time to crap. After a few minutes as he was still trying to crap out what we had now realised was a peice of his bed he now needed help. There is only one way to help, so i did it, i used the tips of my fingers and grabbed the shitty blanket. At the very slightest bit of pressure the dog lept forewared and there was 12 inches of crappy blanket in my hand.... Chase was running around with the look of shear excitement on his face while i was degraded and crappy standing there with a peice of bed.

i still have no idea how he passed it enough to not hurt him, and the thought of this scares me. Next dog i will put some real thought to his bedding material.

500grhollowpoint
02-02-2012, 11:56 AM
2 Funny stories with the same dumb ass dog

We have a very, very energetic golden Retreiver. I was using an 8 foot step ladder to access the roof from our deck. Duke had his tennis ball on the dack and was barking for me to throw it. Next thing I know, I hear the step ladder fall over and look to see the dog up on the roof with his ball. Now I'm on the roof with a 100 lb dog and no ladder. Pretty fun carrying him down....

He had the bad habit of jumping into the back of my truck when I opened the gate even if the tailgate was up still. Couple times he fell on his ass and once smoked his back on the hitch. So once I forgot to open tailgate first and he was getting ready to jump up. I yelled "NO" and he ran around to the front of the truck(Thought I was yelling because he was at the wrong end?) and jumped cleanly up onto my hood.

CanuckShooter
02-02-2012, 12:20 PM
We have a fearsome Jack Russel, one afternoon he cornered a bush cougar under our guest cabin, there was quite a battle and after a few minutes the wife managed to catch hold of him...and drag him to safety. He was covered in blood and was bleeding from one eye!! Being my wife she panicked and rushed him to the vets office over 50km away as she thought he would loose an eye. Upon arrival she informed them what had happened and to this day they laugh every time she takes him to the vet because he is the only Jack they had ever met that lost a battle with a bush cougar!

ncurrie
02-02-2012, 01:41 PM
i don't have a funny story, but I have a funny picture, except I don't know how to post pics on here, but here is a link to it

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21612606@N05/4925441062/in/set-72157626726200259

02-02-2012, 01:46 PM
i don't have a funny story, but I have a funny picture, except I don't know how to post pics on here, but here is a link to it

Either copy paste it into the thread or
save the pic to your desctop
go to Gallery
click browse button browse your desk top
click on pic and hit upload.

Must be a lab thing

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/chase_running.jpg

ncurrie
02-02-2012, 01:50 PM
ok i will try it

rocksteady
02-02-2012, 02:30 PM

That is hilarious!!!! You must be so proud :)

ncurrie
02-02-2012, 02:37 PM
That is hilarious!!!! You must be so proud :)

he is my pride and joy!

huntingmom
02-02-2012, 03:31 PM
I don't about my dog's doing any funny things but my former sheltie, Sassy, pulled one us.
Husband and I were hiking towards a lake outside of Mission when we came upon what we thought was a fresh pawprints of a fox. So, I dug out my book on track identification and looked it up. As we both were guessing the cm of the print, Sassy, came to see what we were doing. A quick look at her tracks told me it matched the so called 'fox's' tracks. Husband and I had a good laugh on that one.

stitch
02-02-2012, 04:26 PM
As a kid we lived beside my aunt in the country. Well we both got labs from the same litter and everyone and a while they would get away and be gone for hours exploring the woods. We once they got away and it was winter. The problem was the snow was deep and when they finally got back our dogs nuts were pretty much frozen. The howls that cam out of that poor bugger when he started to thaw and then the swelling set in. I've never seen a dof lick his sack so much in all my life as that pooch did over the next few days.

houndogger
02-02-2012, 07:00 PM
First hound I ever got was a walker hound. Big dog probably 90lbs in his prime, hell bent on cats and coon. He was about 3 years old when I met the old lady and we liked to go for walks in the evenings. Well we were walking up the highway here and up ahead there was a road killed coon. Wind blowing in our face and he was starting to get a sniff and getting excited. Well we used to have a highway hooker that walked this stretch of road and she is coming towards us. Dog is pulling hard and I am holding him back with all I could. Well the hooker is wearing a fur coat of some sort and when she is going past this big walker dog leaps up to grab hold of some fur....Dang the look on her face! I could hardly hold him as I was laughing so f'n hard! lol

Dutch
02-14-2012, 10:11 AM
I wanted to join a hunting club when I was 16 but you needed a dog so went out looking at kennels ,the paper etc.so go to this kennel that had lab pups fore sale and all I had was a 100. which at 16 in 1975 was a pile of money I thought.No the kennel guy says he needs at least 200 so a bit broken hearted I turn to leave.But wait he says I have a 18 month old that I have kept for breeding because of his bloodlines you only want a hunting dog so for a hundred you take him and I hold his breeding rights.Ok lets see him ,now I'm all excited out comes a strapping big square headed black lab ,wow my hunting partner who was with said that is a keeper.The kennel guy looks up and says there is one thing he is crosseyed! What,sure enought both eyes turn inwards ok for the money I can overlook that.Brought him home and ma and pa were less than impressed but said ok.So my younger brother has a pet hamster in his cage in the basement, 2 days later out washing my old plymouth I hear a scream look over here comes Sam the big black lab with this little hamster in his mouth brings it to me,drops it at my feet I figure god he's finished,my kid brother is screaming his hamster is dead, nope little guy ran away three feet and stopped.Picked him up all covered in drool not a mark on him ,he lived for 2 more years.He opened the cage picked him up and brought him outside not a mark.That cross eyed dog and me were best of friends until I got married and moved away ,Best one ever shot many ducks geese and pheasants with him and had lots of adventures. The funniest thing is he and my dad became great friends and I could not take him away from that special bond.Dad was pretty crushed when he died and never had another dog..Favourite trick was retrieving tomatoes seldom did he break the skin..:-D

CanuckShooter
02-14-2012, 10:15 AM
As a kid we lived beside my aunt in the country. Well we both got labs from the same litter and everyone and a while they would get away and be gone for hours exploring the woods. We once they got away and it was winter. The problem was the snow was deep and when they finally got back our dogs nuts were pretty much frozen. The howls that cam out of that poor bugger when he started to thaw and then the swelling set in. I've never seen a dof lick his sack so much in all my life as that pooch did over the next few days.

Ouch......did he avoid deep snow after that???

sawmill
02-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Cleaning the dog run one day and came across a nice 3 coiler all striped red and white aluminum from a beer can my idiot dog ate.You could even read the Bud logo on the turd.I don`t know how he crapped it out but never hurt him.

Good2bCanadian
02-14-2012, 11:30 AM
We have an 11 month old female GSP.
Went for a drive to skagit 2 weekends ago. Just as we pass Bridal Falls. She starts getting ancy in the backseat.
Wife says I think she has to go , I say ok 10 minutes from our exit. 2 minutes later I look back and she's laying a Duce on my backseat. Nooooooo. I grab her from the scruff and pull her forward to keep her from mushing it in. We hit the exit, pull over let her out and she finishes her business. Thank god for the painters drop cloth over my back seat. As I remove the cloth, the Duce starts rolling off. Noooooo. It was a fine line to catch it in the blanket or end up in the seat.

I love my pup. Bad daddy , pay attention to what the dog is saying.

Lol

stitch
02-14-2012, 11:42 AM
Ouch......did he avoid deep snow after that???

I don't ever remember him taking off for hours on end after that during the winter....the odd run into porcupine's but that was about it.

Sasquatch
02-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Used to have a big gentle Bouvier that spent most of her time in the back yard. We had a "Beware of Dog" sign up, but she truly wouldn't have hurt a fly. The gas meter guy really liked her and used to just walk into the yard and play with her when he'd come read the meter.

Well, we ended up having to put her down (broke my heart) and we rescued a Springer Spaniel bitch. The Springer was outright mean and did not like strangers, or even people that she knew for that matter. Not sure she even liked me that much.
She didn't just growl and bark, she would actually try and take a piece out of strangers. We had the "Beware" sign on the fence, so I figured she would be ok in the yard.

One day, the gas meter guy rang the door bell and when I answered, he was shaking, sweating and obviously very upset. He just shook his finger at me a few times before he finally stammered out the words - "You got a new dog!"

I guess he walked into the yard expecting the Bouvier and the Springer came around the corner and put the run on him - chased him right over the fence, snapping at his heels. Oops.

rocksteady
02-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Cleaning the dog run one day and came across a nice 3 coiler all striped red and white aluminum from a beer can my idiot dog ate.You could even read the Bud logo on the turd.I don`t know how he crapped it out but never hurt him.

Same dog I had in the lead story did something similar...She was outside, bored and pulled down 4 strings of energized X-Mas lights, ate them, cords, bulbs, sockets, you name it....

Picked up "skittles" turds in the spring...

wsm
02-14-2012, 01:58 PM
i will try and find the pictures. as they are about 8 years old . went camping with my wife and my dog was a 6 mon old pup and still in training . so we stayed a sheridan lake resort a couple nights and i had to tie the dog up (must be on leash) , i gave 20 feet of rope and tied it off . this squirrel figured out how much rope she had and sat chewing it's food less than a foot from her nose. she eventually realized she couldn't reach and just sat and watched. (vibrating )

Dutch
02-14-2012, 03:22 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/sam.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:;)My black hamster buddy:)

wingsuit
02-14-2012, 04:15 PM
i will try and find the pictures. as they are about 8 years old . went camping with my wife and my dog was a 6 mon old pup and still in training . so we stayed a sheridan lake resort a couple nights and i had to tie the dog up (must be on leash) , i gave 20 feet of rope and tied it off . this squirrel figured out how much rope she had and sat chewing it's food less than a foot from her nose. she eventually realized she couldn't reach and just sat and watched. (vibrating )

not a dog story but this reminded me of a cat I had when I was a kid. We took our cat to our cabin. put him on a harness and staked down by the beach so he didnt explore too far on our first day there. Chipmunks realized he was on a leash and tormented him the entire day, staying 6 inches out of reach with him stretched out trying to grab one of these buggers.

The next day we put him out there again, only this time something seemed weird to me as I watched from the deck. I looked down and saw him stretching out to get the chipmunks slowly they were making it to the 6" torment distance, same as yesterday. All of a sudden I realized what was wrong. The sneaky ******* had left himself some slack!! he was faking that he was at the end of his leash and out of room. When one of those chattery chipmunks made it to the 6" torment range, he lunged with the slack he had left him self and had a chipmunk snack. damn smart cat. Proceeded to use that trick to get another 3 before the day was out.

widger
02-14-2012, 04:57 PM
We had a few labs over the years, but we had one that loved to wander and eat garbage from the cans in Vancouver during the mid 80's. She would bust out of the back fence, always in a new location, and proceed to roam and eat garbage for days on end. The longest she made it once was from Kerrisdale ,where we lived, to Port Moody! We got a call from a homeowner 3 days after she escaped and could not believe she made it that far. She was able to cross major roads by waiting at the cross walk for someone to walk over and she would just tag along and then keep wandering. She lived to 16 years and then we had to put her down as she could not walk on her hips any longer. She was something else. My current lab tore up my new Jeep a few years ago. I had gone duck hunting and he was getting a little out of hand so I had put him in a cloth sided zip kennel, absolut piece of junk, and he ate his way out of that and proceeded to eat my gear shifter and all the vents in the front dash as well as the dash board was all torn up. I went back to the car about 30 minutes later and he just jumped past me when I opened the door and went straight to the pond to try and retrieve some birds. I bought a crate on the way home and I still use it for road trip grouse hunts. Live and learn.

freezerfiller
02-14-2012, 05:03 PM
The story about the dog that shit his bed (literally) made me think of this. One day my friend and I were walking our dogs in the city. My friends dog took a dump and had something lodged in his ass. Upon further inspection it was a rubber band half in half out. My friend found a stick, not wanting to touch it, and holding the dog by the tail tried to snare the band and pull it out. At this exact moment a car rolled by slowly and judging by the looks on their faces they couldn't see the rubber band and just thought my friend was jamming a stick up his dogs ass. We peed ourselves laughing.

yamadirt 426
02-15-2012, 10:45 PM
Well my dog cock blocked me one night. The wife and I were getting it on in the bedroom with the dog sleeping on the floor. Well he burnt the worst fart ever and stopped us in our tracks. Lol we had to bail out of the room we were laughing so hard.

CRjosh
02-16-2012, 08:22 PM
We had just adopted my current dog and where in the process of changing his food, he had spent the first part of his life tied to a chain eating who knows what, anyways we where driving home from a little hike where he had already done his "stuff" . Everything was going good when he suddenly started spinning circles in the backseat, aimed his backside between the front seats of the truck and laid the biggest explosive dump ever. It filled the cup holders, sprayed the windshield, it was pretty much everywhere. Having nowhere to pull over I just put all the windows down put my head out the window puking and retching the whole way and got home as quick as possible. The poor guy was totally embarrassed and the truck was as good as new after 6 hrs of cleaning!

dingdongdenny
03-09-2012, 04:58 PM
my chocolate was super friendly but this was when the scare was on about the pit bulls.So people would come to my door i would hold her by the collar so she wouldn't startle them , cause all she wanted to do was sniff them and get petted.This one time i opened the door and there were jahova witnesses there and my dog straining at collar huffing cuase she wanted to say hi. I told the jovi's that i didn't want anything and not to come back or i would let my dog go, and closed the door.Never did get anymore knock's from the jovy's:-D:-D

harbinger
03-10-2012, 08:53 AM
WARNING: this is gross! One year I was driving from our hunting camp to Summerland to pick up a canopy for my truck. I had the dog with me and everything was dandy. On the remotest stretch of highway it suddenly smelled like a person was taking a poo on my passenger seat. I look over and there is my dog throwing up on my seat. Before we had left she went around and ate up all the morning dumps from four different guys... The worst part was that I had emptied my truck out so we could easily get the canopy installed. All I had to clean it was half a roll of TP... man what a trip that was!

deer nut
03-10-2012, 09:38 AM
After we brought my newborn daughter home, my German short-haired pointer X snuck into the house, through the kitchen and laid a mummified pack-rat on the nursery threshold as an offering to the new member of the pack. My wife freaked but it was pretty cool!

Ciskman
03-28-2012, 04:17 PM
Not a story, but I got a tough little Jack Russell until he gets wet. Then this happens....accompanied by a lot of shaking and whimpering. :rolleyes:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l115/annie_cory/spring2011102.jpg

MOUNTAIN MAN - TOYOTA/ATV
04-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Here is a funny picture of my uncle's black lab riding on the snowmobile with me. She is a fat lazy dog and does not want to run after the snowmobile. She wnats a ride all the time.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u203/MountainMan1988/MilieonSnowmobile.jpg

SPEYMAN
04-01-2012, 07:19 PM
A friend of mine trained hunting dogs Mainly Labs.One of the areas fine Doctors brought his Lab out to be trained.After he had been steadied down,would sit and stay to the shot,do the basic obediance and retrieve to hand,the good Doctor was called to come see his dog in action.

The dog was brought out of the kennel,heeled right up to the line,sat,didn't break at the shot,made the retrieve and delivered to hand.

Then it was the Docs turn.Like little soldier that dog hardly moved a muscle when the shot was fired and the dummy thrown.Strait as an arrow he went out,scooped the dummy brought it back and sat back beside the Doc delivering the bird to hand.

The Doctor was blown away.Thanked the trainer numerous time,paid the substantial bill and was ready to depart.

When he turned to my friend and asked"What if he won't sit like that when I get him home?"

Without batting an eye,my friend said"give him two aspirin and call me in the morning."

True story,I was there.

Darwin
04-01-2012, 09:32 PM
THIS IS HOW ARE DOGS LIVE WHEN NOT HUNTING LOL

http://http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/kruel2u/P1040872.jpg
http://http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/kruel2u/P1040856.jpg
http://http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/kruel2u/P1040867.jpg
http://http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/kruel2u/P1010759-1.jpg
yup theres the killers lol My dughter paints there nails as well priceless