i found this and thought i'd share.
hope you all enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=T3HkGXvBMXg#t=1s

olharley guy
02-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Good show!

huntinnewbie
02-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Great show. I can't believe the size of some of those wolves, they're huge!

Sander
02-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Good clip...thanks for sharing

Stone Sheep Steve
02-02-2012, 01:27 PM
I think I recognized some of Sitkaspruce's pics in there.

SSS

02-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Sure wish I lived close enough to these critters to rid our landscape of a good number of them.

I will NEVER turn down the opportunity to hammer them.

CT

Husky7mm
02-07-2012, 04:04 PM
Its gone. I missed it!

bowhunterbruce
02-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Its gone. I missed it!

bummer u missed it.here is another one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWo9yNLwQxk&feature=BFa&list=UUP37lOu8tZe3BXOg2g_BrAg&lf=plcp

Calamity
02-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Nice video.

There's no love lost between wolves and I. Some years back when I was ranching I lost 6 head (2 cows and 4 calves) in the community pasture to wolves. My ex lost 4 calves in his management area of the same pasture. Darned expensive eating habits they had.

Took some doing convincing Fish and Wildlife that we were having a severe wolf problem in the area. Two separate packs of (10 and 12 adults respectively per pack) cruising in the 25 miles of valley and hills that encompassed the grazing reserve.

Predator control "expert" said impossible. Guess he had some learning to do. The gov't finally approved letting an independent trapper (wasn't his trapping area) to come in and he was successful in thinning them out to more reasonable numbers.

Hmmm. That was a rambling rant, now wasn't it?

Take care.

Peter Pepper
02-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Nice video.

There's no love lost between wolves and I. Some years back when I was ranching I lost 6 head (2 cows and 4 calves) in the community pasture to wolves. My ex lost 4 calves in his management area of the same pasture. Darned expensive eating habits they had.

Took some doing convincing Fish and Wildlife that we were having a severe wolf problem in the area. Two separate packs of (10 and 12 adults respectively per pack) cruising in the 25 miles of valley and hills that encompassed the grazing reserve.

Predator control "expert" said impossible. Guess he had some learning to do. The gov't finally approved letting an independent trapper (wasn't his trapping area) to come in and he was successful in thinning them out to more reasonable numbers.

Hmmm. That was a rambling rant, now wasn't it?

Take care.

Interesting though. Wolf populations certainly seem to be peaking out all over the province

Calamity
02-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Not just a B.C. problem either. We do have a bounty in Groundbirch Community Pasture but across the border in A.B. there is also a bounty on wolves in the Swan Hills...or at least this is the information that was passed along to me.

People like to think that ranchers have all the time in the world to thin out a problem pack, but it's difficult when you're busy calving, feeding, haying, fencing, mechaniching equipment, training horses, raising kids, etc. and that goes double when the wolves are savvy to people.

I remember having two big grays right outside the kitchen window one morning, but by the time I could get the rifle, unlock the trigger guard, and grab the ammo the buggers had melted into the bush.

First year that we lived out there, a lone wolf killed the little pug when he went out one evening to have a pee. Found his collar way out in the hay field next summer.

Neighbour told us the day after the dog disappeared that there had been a big black wolf in our front yard around midnight when he was driving his big truck home from a job. I'd never even seen his sign and I always keep an eye out for tracks (bear, cougar, wolf, coyote).

Packed a rifle in the pasture when checking or moving stock and never saw hide nor hair or them. Just track soup, scat, and the remains of their fine dining experiences on cattle.

Anyway, that was just my experience with them. It's nice to see others with the time help out to attain manageable numbers and reduce livestock and ungulate mortalities.