PDA

View Full Version : Antlerless Elk

Big G Hunter
01-31-2012, 08:24 PM
Was just wondering if anyone has seen or heard of any elk in the Chetwynd, FSJohn are, as I have a tag for an anlerless till the end of February. My buddy says there hasn't been much for snow in the area and it hasn't pushed them out of the hills yet? Starting to get worried as the freezer is getting real low.

Not much for hunting this year due to work. This is my HUNTING SEASON.

kalamalkalke
02-01-2012, 12:34 AM
went up last weekend, filled tag behind the chetywnd pulpmill , seen a few small bunches , good luck

91Jason91
02-01-2012, 03:01 AM
no clue but best of luck man

hunter1947
02-01-2012, 03:28 AM
Try the Farrell Creek main line just outside of Hudson's Hope if in your area or the Johnson creek main line if in your area this FSR is between Moberly lake and Hudson's Hope this road is on your left headed up to Hudson,s Hope after you pass Moberly Lake :) .

bridger
02-03-2012, 04:48 AM
Warm weather and very little snow conditions have made for tough hunting in general. Elk around just not into the fields as much and are tougher to find.

elkdom
02-03-2012, 07:29 AM
Warm weather and very little snow conditions have made for tough hunting in general. Elk around just not into the fields as much and are tougher to find.

x2!, and ADD to that O&G Commercial Traffic and Drilling and Pipeline disturbance 24/7 in a lot of agricultural zones and it makes it far more difficulty than in years before !

Swamp mule
02-04-2012, 03:19 PM
was out today and it was like -3 this morning warming up to 5 this afternoon. Checked in with another rancher this morning for access onto his land and he said that there was three taken out in the morning out of a herd of 30. There is so little snow out there that there is so much feed. they are not showing the charactersitics like they did last yr. they are just moving around so much that they could be in one place fow a few days and then gone for 10 days. Luck of the draw. Heading out there tomorrow to see whats there. Supposedly there is a 110 elk herd in the area but they are constantly moving around. Give me a pm if you want.

Tyler24
02-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Swamp mule, we're in dawson creek now, just wondering where abouts these elk might be.

shed-hunter1
02-10-2012, 10:47 PM
was just up there took one but we know a local in dawson if it werent for him we would of went home with nothing they are very spooked and they havent even touched the hay bails there is not too much snow up there good luck

elkdom
02-10-2012, 10:53 PM
was just up there took one but we know a local in dawson if it werent for him we would of went home with nothing they are very spooked and they havent even touched the hay bails there is not too much snow up there good luck

true,,,,,,,,,not much snow left, what snow is left is very crunchy and noisy, elk can hear a man walking on this kind of crunchy ice and snow about a 1000 yards away, it also makes the elk EXTREMELY SPOOKY,

have fun,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:-?