PDA

View Full Version : 8:14 next thursday.

cowboy-up69
10-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Alright guys, Im leaving next thursday night to go get my whitey doe LEH in 8:14. Im plannin on staying in a motel/hotel, somethin cheap, jus for one night. Can any one suggest a cheap motel in 8:14 where I can go out and get me a decent doe or a buck?? Close to that town/city?? How much is it gunna cost?? Where theres lots of whitetails? And stuff like that...
Thanks alot!

Cliff

GoatGuy
10-12-2006, 07:41 PM
There are cabins at the Rendell creek ranch - they used to be $35/night but I'd imagine they've gone up. Should be able to track something down there within a couple minutes.

Sorry no phone number, someone should be able to help.

Gnarly
10-12-2006, 07:44 PM
I'll be there too, arriving Thursday night and staying at the double e camp trying to get my 16 yr old son a whitey doe he got drawn for.
Dave

mark
10-12-2006, 07:49 PM
stay at double ee, $20 a night! tons of whiteys! 250-446-2570

cowboy-up69
10-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Perfect, sound good Mark. Now where do we go to hunt them tons of whiteys???

fozzy
10-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Double E is awesome! I'll be there in November for a week. Neville is a great guy.
Wayne

jjensen20
10-12-2006, 10:46 PM
You shouldn't need to stay in a hotel its about a 10 minute morning hunt there are whiteys everywhere hit barth off of the christian valley main road i think its about at the 56 k mark i'm talking this is a 100% absolute garuntee you will get a crack at a doe and possibly a small buck.

3kills
10-13-2006, 06:40 AM
hey cliff good luck...

Sasquatch
10-13-2006, 10:51 AM
I'm going to be in the 8:14 area for a few days early next week with my dog. Anyone have an idea how the grouse populations are there this year? Any chance of a pheasant or 2?

sparkymacker
10-13-2006, 11:07 AM
I have seen tons of grouse this year, a lot more that I recall in previous years. Pheasants appear to be in decline though, I rarely see them around here now.

Fred
10-13-2006, 03:40 PM
If Cliffy had been answering his cell phone last Tursday he would have 2 nice dark green Canadian Military sweaters to take with him! Fred

gary mok
10-13-2006, 05:52 PM
Hey Cliff hope you have a big harvest,let me know what you get,good luck!!! Gary

sidney-hunter
10-15-2006, 01:19 PM
we'll be at the double e late wednesday night, leave us somethin to shoot!!

mark
10-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Like the others said, whiteys are everywhere there! when i was there in the spring hunting turkeys, i was tripping on groups of whiteys all day long! Theres no snow yet so they still may be higher up and not as concentrated! Just talk to neville or other hunters there to steer ya in the right direction, but really you cant take a wrong turn out there! Good luck!

cowboy-up69
10-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Thanks guy, much appreciated. Ill be heading to Midway thursday night, and then go up the Christian Valley somewhere. I also wanted to ask hows the bear huntin up that way too?? Me and my buddy are both lookin for a couple nice blackies while we're ther too!

Mckinney Creek Adventures
10-16-2006, 04:35 PM
There are usually plentifull bears in the Christian Valley and other areas, but this year seems a bit dry in that department from what I have been seeing. Sounds like the local guide has been noticing the same conditions this year. There are some good areas lower in the valley, and have seen a few hogs out in the farmers fields in Rendell Creek if you can catch them on the crown.

Good luck.

jjensen20
10-16-2006, 10:59 PM
I've hunted christian valley a long time, and i've always seen bears in the spring but have never seen one there in the fall. As far as the farmers go they hate the bears, one day i just went around and asked permission to hunt bears on the farms and the farmers were more than happy to grant it. I asked them about deer on there property they werent as receptive, as far as hunting deer there hit barth 100 and 200 within the first hour of light and your garunteed at leased a doe! Good Luck

cowboy-up69
10-18-2006, 10:11 PM
Im headin out 2morrow after noon at 4 just after I get off work and cash my cheque. Wish me luck guys. Hopefully see a buck instead of a doe but whatever comes in front of me first lol. If any of you happens to see a red, older ford, half lifted with big tires on it, stickers all over theback window, stop and say HI!!!!

Gnarly
10-19-2006, 06:37 AM
Hopefully we see you up there
Dave

cowboy-up69
10-20-2006, 09:19 PM
Well I just got back from my 1 day hunt. We got to Midway at about 6pm, bullshitted with my grandpa for an hour, then headed to Grand Forks for a drive. WOW, I thought PRinceton had a deer problem, go there and check it out! We saw about 30-40 whiteys in the town!!! A deer with half a leg missing, lotsa small bucks, and a MONSTER 4pt!!! I got SOOOO pumped after seeing all them deer. We changed the plans a bit and went up Boundary Creek rd, only thing we saw up there was a few whiteys at the bottom crossing the road at 5:30am, and then went into a goat trail of a road at about 7 am and spooked a cow, spike bull, and a monster bull moose. They were gone in a hurry. Then tried a few more roads, no luck. Headed back to Grand Forks for some lunch, then back to Midway to grab all our stuff cause we were gunna take a drive up Christian Valley. So we took a side road off the highway before that and ended up back in Grand Forks!!!!! So we finally get back onto the highway, and then headed up Conkle Lake. My buddies like "Theres gunna be some whiteys up over this hill" So sure enough 2 whitey does at about 150 yards. Got out, loaded the gun and put aim on the biggest one, BOOM, BOOM, missed both shots. Looked for blood, no sign at all. They took off a runnin so I knew I didnt hit em. So we drove up farther, then decided to head back cause it was gettin dark, then spotted about 8 whiteys on the road in the lights, they were gone before we could get a peak at them. So no such luck this time, but Im goin back on the 16th-19th of Nov to try once more.

DropTines
10-20-2006, 10:14 PM
Man, you better not get skunked on a doe hunt, if you do make up some BS about you baggin' something.
I'm headin up to Greenwood during the last week of Whiteys, same as last year, went to Green wood because we couldnt find rooms elsewhere.

Good luck Cliff
________
LIST OF PENNY STOCKS (http://pennystockpicks.net/)

Mckinney Creek Adventures
10-21-2006, 09:55 AM
Check your maps. If you were shooting at whitetail does on the Conkle Lake Road with doe tag for 8-14, you better thank your lucky stars that you didnt hit one of them! Conkle Lake and the entire road is in 8-12. 8-14 runs on the east side of the Kettle river from Rock Creek to Westbridge, then follows the height of land on the West side of the Christian Valley.

sidney-hunter
10-24-2006, 04:22 PM
got back sunday from rock creek. saw about 50 or so does in 3 days, stayed at the double e... i think there were only 3 spikes and forks hanging the whole time we were there. couple guys got to a beauty 4x4 mulie up high about 20 minutes before us, they also found a decent moose palm right beside where the mulie dropped. dont get me wrong, we are by no means "road hunters". we walked almost the whole time, and did a lot of stand hunting and glassing... still came back with nothing. little too early i think. as an aside... the double e is a great place to stay, and neville is a great host. i wouldnt hesitate to go there again.