PDA

View Full Version : montana wedge tent

frenchbar
01-30-2012, 09:14 PM
ANY ONE HAVE ONE ..GOOD OR BAD ? THINKING OF GETTING 1 IN 12 BY 12 .. http://www.walltentshop.com/images/montana-wedge-tent.jpg BE USED FOR 2 PEOPLE ..POSSIBLY 3 .

frenchbar
01-30-2012, 09:24 PM
I dont need the big space of a wall tent ..just a good warm place to sleep for a week in the late season .thought this would be ideal

Slee
01-30-2012, 09:35 PM
That looks like it would be tight..... No head room at all. have a look at cabelas big horn tent. I'm sure it weights less, has more head room, and would fit more stuff, plus it has a stove jack.

fuzzy
01-31-2012, 08:54 PM
Doesnt look like there would be much clearance from the stove to the tent fabric.Even in my wall tent i built a folding heat reflector. Weight wise it doesn look like you would be far off of a 12x10 wall tent so why not go for the extra headroom and comfort?

fuzzy

frenchbar
01-31-2012, 09:22 PM
Doesnt look like there would be much clearance from the stove to the tent fabric.Even in my wall tent i built a folding heat reflector. Weight wise it doesn look like you would be far off of a 12x10 wall tent so why not go for the extra headroom and comfort?

fuzzy

true enough fuzzy...i dont need a lot of room ..as i will probably be by myself a lot of the time or 1 other person . ..i like the simplicity of the wedge tent ..easy set up ..ect .got lots of time to decide.

papaken
02-01-2012, 11:03 PM
You might want to look at the 12x12 alaknak that cabelas sells. Very nice tent.

horshur
02-01-2012, 11:13 PM
glen I have a tent kinda like that with short walls maybe two or three foot walls...have jammed the whole family in it before I think it is a 8 by 10......slept three adults in November it was fine. It will be big enough for sure. Easy to keep warm with the stove. I think without the walls it will be more awkward to use a cot for the wall gives some hight to set a cot on the sides. still lots of room for cot on either end though.

frenchbar
02-02-2012, 06:56 AM
glen I have a tent kinda like that with short walls maybe two or three foot walls...have jammed the whole family in it before I think it is a 8 by 10......slept three adults in November it was fine. It will be big enough for sure. Easy to keep warm with the stove. I think without the walls it will be more awkward to use a cot for the wall gives some hight to set a cot on the sides. still lots of room for cot on either end though...

i think im going to go for it Andy ...i dont like the cots anyways i toss around to much ..i would just use a 4 in foamy..looks simple to set up when a guys by himself..like i said i just need a warm place to sleep in nov.. All i need now is the CASH LOL

Cordillera
02-03-2012, 10:57 PM
All tents with a stove are good.... especially in october. I have a standard canvas wall tent and a cabellas big horn and am now looking at buying either a Kifaru, Seek outside or titanium goat tipi tent. If you want to go for a complete comfort unit I would definitely look at a canvas wall tent but they are heavy. the cabellas big horn is good, easy to set up, but heavy and sweats..... for the weight and cost of the wedge tent i think you would get more comfort from a wall tent; the walls really ad a lot of space. there is one made for dog sledding that is about the same cost, looks "bigger" and lighter. http://www.snowtrekkertents.com/shortwall.html or the tipi tents are pretty nifty http://seekoutside.com/products/ultralight-tipis/ and way lighter.