PDA

View Full Version : New No Shooting Area in Grand Forks

Str8shooterbc
01-28-2012, 07:19 AM
Grand Forks
4 That portion of the Province of British Columbia in M.U. 8-15 that is within the following described boundaries: Commencing at the point of intersection of the Vancouver Victoria and Eastern Railway R/W (Plan A209) and the Canada/USA international boundary; thence in a northeasterly and easterly direction along the midline of said right of way to a point of intersection with the midline of the Burlington northern Railway R/W; thence in a general easterly and northeasterly direction along said right of way to a point of intersection with the midline of Gilpin Road; thence in a northwesterly direction along the midline of Gilpin Road to a point of intersection with the midline of Atwood East Road; thence in a westerly direction along the midline of Atwood East Road to a point of intersection with the midline of Whitehall Road, thence in a northerly, northeasterly and northerly direction along the midline of Whitehall Road to a point of intersection with the midline of Highway #3 (R/W Plan H748 ); thence in a southwesterly and westerly direction along the midline of Highway #3 to the point of intersection with the midline of Kenmore Road at the municipal boundary of the City of Grand Forks; thence southerly along the midline of Kenmore Road to a point of intersection with the midline of Cameron Avenue; thence westerly along the midline of Cameron Avenue and a prolongation thereof to the point of intersection with the municipal boundary of the City of Grand Forks at the midline of the Kettle River; thence in a general westerly, northerly, southwesterly, northwesterly and northerly direction along the southerly and westerly municipal boundary of the City of Grand Forks to a point of intersection with the midlines of Coalchute Road, Northfork-Franklin Road and Hardy Mountain Road; thence in a general westerly, southerly and again westerly direction along the midline of Hardy Mountain Road to a point of intersection with the midline of Reservoir Road; thence in a general southwesterly direction along the midline of Reservoir Road to a point of intersection with the midline of the Vancouver Victoria and Eastern Railway right of way (abandoned); thence in a general southwesterly direction along the midline of said right of way to a point of intersection with the western boundary of D.L. 365, Similkameen Division, Yale Land District; thence in a southerly direction along the eastern boundaries of D.L. 365 and D.L. 497 to the point of intersection with the Canada/USA international boundary; thence in an easterly direction along said international boundary to the point of commencement.

http://a100.gov.bc.ca/pub/ahte/hunting/area-expansion-grand-forks-rifle-discharge-prohibition

Brez
01-28-2012, 08:06 AM
this is not a "no-shooting" area, just a "no-rifle-shooting" area

Str8shooterbc
01-28-2012, 08:10 AM
Stand corrected. Thanks,

Ken

Brez
01-28-2012, 08:16 AM
geeze you guys get up early!

Str8shooterbc
01-28-2012, 08:47 AM
geeze you guys get up early!

It's old age. Wait for it. Everyone will get there. And that's what I now find funny.:mrgreen:

I used to be the youngest on the crew then all of a sudden I was one of the oldest. Now I'm the oldest. Go figure.

This No Rifle Area expansion is interesting. I never realized that the area to the south of GF was open (March Rd - Lodder Rd) and was legal to shoot. I passed on a decent size Whitetail Buck there last year because I believed it to be closed to the discharge of firearms. I've got the co-ordinates locked into my GPS now.

d6dan
01-28-2012, 09:02 AM
It's old age. Wait for it. Everyone will get there. And that's what I now find funny.:mrgreen:

I used to be the youngest on the crew then all of a sudden I was one of the oldest. Now I'm the oldest. Go figure.

This No Rifle Area expansion is interesting. I never realized that the area to the south of GF was open (March Rd - Lodder Rd) and was legal to shoot. I passed on a decent size Whitetail Buck there last year because I believed it to be closed to the discharge of firearms. I've got the co-ordinates locked into my GPS now.

Anywhere south of the rail line is open for centerfire. Check the map J14 in R8 Ken...
Thats where i shot my texas 5 pt last year.:wink:.

Brez
01-28-2012, 09:39 AM
You wouldn't think that being so close to houses, farm buildings, on a potato farm, that you'd be allowed to use center-fires, but...... Used to bowhunt on Lodder's potato farm but quit because the deer would scamper across the border and I didn't figure our friends to the south would like us running back and forth to retrieve.

Brez
01-28-2012, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE=Str8shooterbc;1078217]It's old age. Wait for it. Everyone will get there. And that's what I now find funny.:mrgreen:

Yeah, I hear you. Yesterday I was the baby in the hunting gang - now my knees are bad, shoulder gone, got gout, am deaf and blind,and I got two years till retirement

d6dan
01-28-2012, 12:12 PM
You wouldn't think that being so close to houses, farm buildings, on a potato farm, that you'd be allowed to use center-fires, but...... Used to bowhunt on Lodder's potato farm but quit because the deer would scamper across the border and I didn't figure our friends to the south would like us running back and forth to retrieve.

I grew up with the Lodder clan and thats where I hunt. I've had the odd one die on spud pile about 2ft from the border..I would never use a bow there for that reason Brez, and i've used slugs in my 12ga and never had a problem..Man,do those whities like spuds.

gunpower
01-28-2012, 12:47 PM
I grew up with the Lodder clan and thats where I hunt. I've had the odd one die on spud pile about 2ft from the border..I would never use a bow there for that reason Brez, and i've used slugs in my 12ga and never had a problem..Man,do those whities like spuds.
I didn't know that Tony and Laura Lodder would let people hunt on there property.
My mother inlaw is Laura's best friend.
Tony, past away a year ago.

d6dan
01-28-2012, 01:19 PM
I didn't know that Tony and Laura Lodder would let people hunt on there property.
My mother inlaw is Laura's best friend.
Tony, past away a year ago.

Blair runs the farm now, and lets close friends hunt there..

Str8shooterbc
01-28-2012, 01:41 PM
There used to be a road from Gilpin Road to Ponderosa Road but I couldn't find it last year. I saw one hell of a big buck in broad daylight east of GF on the N side of the Kettle as I drove down the hwy. By the time I got stopped and turned around he was gone but the 3 does that were with him were still there. I sat on the bank for a while but he never showed up anywhere. I think he dug a hole and jumped in.

Brez
01-28-2012, 01:43 PM
Sad to hear that Tony passed away. He was a good guy. Real interesting to talk to.
Ask Blair about the whisky tasting in Pauls' cabin up the North Forks a few years back.
i would have liked to taste one of those potato deer but they were smarter than me.

d6dan
01-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Sad to hear that Tony passed away. He was a good guy. Real interesting to talk to.
Ask Blair about the whisky tasting in Pauls' cabin up the North Forks a few years back.
i would have liked to taste one of those potato deer but they were smarter than me.

The cabin eh?. I've heard of some good stories about that cabin. Tony was a stand up guy..Lots of good memories of him.

gunpower
01-28-2012, 09:49 PM
The cabin eh?. I've heard of some good stories about that cabin. Tony was a stand up guy..Lots of good memories of him.
Tony had a few good stories about the boys and the cabin back in the early days.