PDA

View Full Version : Coyotes and cut blocks

sky-gunner
01-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Is it worth trying to call a yote into a cut block? I know I saw tons of coyote sign just outside of Princeton this past fall, and was thinking of heading that way to try and bag a couple. Is it worth it or no? Never been yote hunting but have been dieing to try it.

Good Old Outdoors
01-27-2012, 11:49 PM
I dont see why not. Thats where most road hunters gut piles are and thats where i have seen the most. Its worth a shot.

Livewire322
01-28-2012, 01:47 AM
I've seen coyotes in every possible scenario, from gas lines to coolies!
If you find a good vantage point that is concealed set up a decoy (mojo critter or the like) and let out some rabbit distress calls. I've been challenged by a yote from the tree line several times, they almost always will sit there and mock you. To remedy this I suggest you quietly move/ relocate (if possible to do w/o detection) or if that isnt possible (maybe both) change up the call to a female challenge call or a locator howl sprinkle either with a few barks. post pics! happy hunting

sky-gunner
01-28-2012, 01:52 AM
Awesome thanks for the advice, I'm looking forward to it, and with any luck I'll get a couple, and Definitly post some pics.

Livewire322
01-28-2012, 02:03 AM
thats my advice and is what ive observed around the kamloops/savona area...

huntermike79
01-28-2012, 02:36 AM
I've whacked lots of coyotes in cut blocks....
Damn things are everywhere!!!

sky-gunner
01-28-2012, 03:22 AM
^^^good news for me, bad news for them, at least that's my hope haha