PDA

View Full Version : Toba Inlet

white moose
01-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Another day hanging around camp, due to avalanches. I've been working up here since November and have seen a variety of game. Lots of nice deer and some real stocky bucks. The local elk herd is fairly elusive, but saw the herd once and it had a massive 6x6 bull in it. Also saw lots of black bear, other guys have seen grizzly. To top it off, saw to groups of goats. Anyone ever hunt up here? Camp doesn't allow firearms. Would love to jetboat the toba river.

rifleman
01-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Never been there myself, but seen a few picks of some massive blacktails from around there. I sure would like to try a hunt there one day.

Livewire322
01-25-2012, 03:26 PM
My grandfather works up there often... He's a forestry engineer, He has hunted up there.

pescado
01-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Never new there were Elk in that area. We took a prop boat up quite a ways, just down river from the bridge. We were just past the cabin. Never saw any game other than some Blackies. Have seen goats from the inlet but they would be a miserable hunt from the chuck. There is an outfitter that works those inlets and he had a set up were the Brem River is. At least he used to. Lots of country there but tough to hunt.

white moose
01-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Apparently, Peter Kiewet transplanted them in here in some environmental deal. The herd i saw had a least 6 elk, including the bull. There is lots of road to travel, not sure if you would be allowed to use for hunting.

91Jason91
01-25-2012, 08:56 PM
start taking pics of all the game you see and post em up on here

jesse.k.hodgins
01-26-2012, 01:01 AM
Keep a watchful eye out for an 8x8 bull elk in Brem River.

white moose
01-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Will for sure. Does the brem flow into the Toba or Filer creek?

benttip
01-26-2012, 10:06 PM
brem flows into toba

buck nash
01-26-2012, 10:16 PM
I did some work up there spacing and brushing and weeding about 12 years ago. We weren't allowed guns either. Too bad cause our whole crew could've filled our tags for the year in just one month of work. Beautiful scenery in that area too.

white moose
01-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Been working here for 2 months repairing a major coating failure on 2 penstocks. Working 14 hrs a day, awesome for this time of year. Would come back in a heartbeat and bag a trophy buck. Not sure if elk has an leh here. Long trip in, maybe one day.

WKCotts
01-29-2012, 06:37 PM
What an amazing place! I was up there in September doing powerline inspections. Salmon were running, saw tons of blackies, grizzlies, heard of elk and a few deer. Can't wait to go back. Unfortunately I was at the same camp, no firearms.

chinook
01-29-2012, 09:49 PM
Mainline goes through reserve lands just up from camp. The band has a pretty active presence up there as they are logging and also run the camp Kiewitt uses (1 of the 4 there are the moment), Id advise getting the nod to go through the IR before hunting up there. Pretty nice part of the world up that way.

george denton
01-30-2012, 04:49 PM
My brothers son Shane shot a beauty 3 point on Razza Island this fall.

thunderheart
02-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Another day hanging around camp, due to avalanches. I've been working up here since November and have seen a variety of game. Lots of nice deer and some real stocky bucks. The local elk herd is fairly elusive, but saw the herd once and it had a massive 6x6 bull in it. Also saw lots of black bear, other guys have seen grizzly. To top it off, saw to groups of goats. Anyone ever hunt up here? Camp doesn't allow firearms. Would love to jetboat the toba river.

how far up are you? been up most the inlets here but not that one .. and to think i used to live in Ramsay Arm just one up from you ... great country