PDA

View Full Version : waterfowler's in the pitt/coquitlam area, unite

fowl language
01-25-2012, 09:55 AM
attention all hunter,s ,be it waterfowler,s or hunter,s in these areas please read the disharge of firearms in coquitlam area in the politics and debate section of this forum..if this isn,t addressed with public pressure to leave the hunting areas open this will set president for other areas to follow suit in other municipalities and cities.i encorage you all to write the mayor and council about your concerns . the bcwf is involved and actively pursueing this as is delta waterfowl...get on board and fight for your rights or we will all be sitting in the living room watching wild tv as opposed to living the dream.....dale....representing bcwf region 2

Foxton Gundogs
01-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Get behind this guys spend the time you would take to post something here to write council. I was a kid hunting the Pitt and MR and cant believe how much has been taken from the areas shotgunners. Don't wait till it's too late and just because you dont use the affected areas it's still your fight, your favorite hot spot cold be next.

GOOD LUCK

FirePower
01-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Done mate.

yamadirt 426
01-26-2012, 09:42 PM
I wrote last week and got 1 response from the pro hunting councilor and one from some anti.

fowl language
01-26-2012, 10:57 PM
well what ever you guys have done seems to be working , i hope we could encourage more people to write as we now have mayor and council to defer this matter till mid feb. . this gives us time to get more organizations involved and more people on board. we have purposed a meeting with the mayor and hopefully some council members with the bcwf both regionally and provincially and the pres. of the coquitlam gun club and with a little luck even someone from the MOE if the timing is right. i hope you all continue to write to atleast show the people that are trying to keep your hunting rights in coquitlam alive,some support.remember they are all volunteers.come on everyone let,s beat this one and then we will have president on our side....dale

Foxton Gundogs
01-26-2012, 11:26 PM
well what ever you guys have done seems to be working , i hope we could encourage more people to write as we now have mayor and council to defer this matter till mid feb. . this gives us time to get more organizations involved and more people on board. we have purposed a meeting with the mayor and hopefully some council members with the bcwf both regionally and provincially and the pres. of the coquitlam gun club and with a little luck even someone from the MOE if the timing is right. i hope you all continue to write to atleast show the people that are trying to keep your hunting rights in coquitlam alive,some support.remember they are all volunteers.come on everyone let,s beat this one and then we will have president on our side....dale

Congrats on the small victory guys keep up the fight you can win get behind it.

fowlweather
01-26-2012, 11:32 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?77514-Coquitlam-Firearm-and-Bow-Discharge-Bylaw-No-4266-No-more-shooting-in-Coquitlam&p=1074917#post1074917

field marshal
01-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Good job Guys!! Keep up the pressure and give BCWF your support on this issue!!-------FIELD MARSHAL.

Buck
01-27-2012, 09:47 AM
I have received three emails back so far and they are supporting keeping Goose island open.Some presentations done by BCWF and Delta Waterfowl should help a lot.

FirePower
01-27-2012, 09:54 AM
I have received three emails back so far and they are supporting keeping Goose island open.Some presentations done by BCWF and Delta Waterfowl should help a lot.

3 as well with the same tone.

Dano
01-27-2012, 11:46 PM
Great to hear!
The season starts around then and I encourage everyone in the spring goose season to be on their best behavior! One incident at this time could be all it takes to negate all the hard work everyone has put into fighting this bylaw.
I also had 3 replies and Craig Hodge seems set against bow and arrow hunting in Coquitlam but at least he is willing to discuss the firearms changes with other councillors and seemed to be open to the idea of the Pitt Areas staying open to shooting.
I was a little disappointed though that the Mayor and 3 other councillors didn't respond to the email, even if it was to voice their reasons for their vote.
Thanks to those who have written in to council (and those who will be soon!). We need your support on this. Like Dale said, it could help set a president that others will need when they are up against another lower mainland council trying to shut us out of their community.
Dan

fowl language
01-29-2012, 07:40 PM
we now have the backing of the provincial body of the bcwf. i hope every one that is a member of the fed will be proud to be a member. a letter will be sent to mayor and council tomorrow from the office.this should make them sit up and take notice as there is in excess of 40,000 members speaking and the majority come from the lower mainland.....dale

Foxton Gundogs
01-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Way to go guys keep up the pressure

FG

Danny
01-30-2012, 04:17 PM
Letter was sent on behalf of the Kingfisher rod and gun club and its 52 members. Linda Reimer made the effort to come out to club presidents work and talk about it .We need to remember that there is more at steak than just goose island. Other areas are effected to.
Dan