PDA

View Full Version : Little Fort area

Good Old Outdoors
01-25-2012, 09:17 AM
Hey
I was thinking about new areas to try this year. Has anyone ever hunted the area just outside little fort on hwy 24, looks like nice country but would like to hear from the guys with experience in that area.

Thanks
GOO

REMINGTON JIM
01-25-2012, 09:23 AM
No Game here - all private posted land - stay away !

carnivore
01-25-2012, 09:27 AM

True meaning of above: All kinds of game in abundance up here: You all must come and visit.:):)

280 77
01-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Ask Jelvis.

Good Old Outdoors
01-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Ok...................? I know there is crown land out there! Anyone civil want to fill me in? I know the area is mostly private acreage, gotta be some area out there.

SUAFOYT
01-25-2012, 09:30 AM
The deer situation this year was abysmal. Wolves everywhere and according to the local COs they say the deer pop. is 10% of normal. They're apparently moving S down the Jamieson Ck area. Should be in Kamloops this year eating poodles and cats. The logging in the Darlington area is in full swing now so lots of road traffic. A radio is a must. Thuya Lakes thru to Hwy 24 is nice looking for sure. Don't know what this year will bring. Lemieux Ck which has been a good area in the past went without us this year so don't know what's up there.

REMINGTON JIM
01-25-2012, 09:30 AM
True meaning of above: All kinds of game in abundance up here: You all must come and visit.:):)

You too! stay away ! LOL

Good Old Outdoors
01-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Ive had to dodge a few deer and moose out there so i know its decent, just gotta find the FSRs or something

Big Lew
01-25-2012, 09:39 AM
If you travel along hwy 24 during the early spring, you'll notice that the long steep hill west of Little Fort is a major migration route for mule deer. It's up to you to find where they spread out to during the summer and early fall.
(Hint....usually what goes in also comes out sooner or later)

pnbrock
01-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Clearwater has all the deer ask Dana!!

Good Old Outdoors
01-25-2012, 09:41 AM
The deer situation this year was abysmal. Wolves everywhere and according to the local COs they say the deer pop. is 10% of normal. They're apparently moving S down the Jamieson Ck area. Should be in Kamloops this year eating poodles and cats. The logging in the Darlington area is in full swing now so lots of road traffic. A radio is a must. Thuya Lakes thru to Hwy 24 is nice looking for sure. Don't know what this year will bring. Lemieux Ck which has been a good area in the past went without us this year so don't know what's up there.
If i had my regs with me im sure i could find the answer but are wolves open up there? Im not much of a dog hunter but just curious. I will have to take a look at my backroads mapbook to see the area you are talking about when i get back in country. But thanks for the info! Im sure remington jim up there is trying to protect his honey hole lol. Thanks again

REMINGTON JIM
01-25-2012, 04:02 PM
If i had my regs with me im sure i could find the answer but are wolves open up there? Im not much of a dog hunter but just curious. I will have to take a look at my backroads mapbook to see the area you are talking about when i get back in country. But thanks for the info! Im sure remington jim up there is trying to protect his honey hole lol. Thanks again

What me - have a honey hole ! I'm from Vernon -don't need anymore of them "vermins" up here - stay away ! LOL

srupp
01-25-2012, 04:07 PM
hmmmm seen a fair amount of decent bucks coming out of Little Fort up the long haul NORTH SIDE..the biggest bucks I seen all 2011 wre by Sheridan Lake...on the North side of the highway..4 beauties...

Steven

moosinaround
01-25-2012, 04:12 PM
hmmmm seen a fair amount of decent bucks coming out of Little Fort up the long haul NORTH SIDE..the biggest bucks I seen all 2011 wre by Sheridan Lake...on the North side of the highway..4 beauties...

Steven
and if this does not help you, then it's time to buy beef good ole outdoors!!! Moosin

REMINGTON JIM
01-25-2012, 04:12 PM

Steven

Storey teller- look at what your saying !- just trying to put people off your williams lake area where the trophy bucks are ! Thks a lot ! LOL

cariboo crawler
01-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Pretty busy up that way with 1/2 of the lower mainland arriving every huntin' season !!!!

hillclimber
01-25-2012, 05:11 PM

This guy knows his stuff. I can attest to that.

Let me give all of you hunters some advice, there are BIG deer moose, elk, cariuoo, bears, and preds hiding behind every tree bush and shrub throughout BC. IF YOU DON'T SEE THEM YOUR NOT LOOKING HARD ENOUGH, get your ass outta the truck!

srupp
01-25-2012, 05:39 PM
hmmmm no fish in SHERIDAN EITHER..ha ha ha ..
Steven

Big Lew
01-25-2012, 05:59 PM
That's a phenomenon for most of B.C. now "srupp".....many of the nicest, big, and fat bucks are in areas dominated by private property. As an example, in the north-eastern Fraser Valley, amongst dozens and dozens of estates and hobby farms are mature blacktail bucks that most certainly would make the record books. In the valley south of Faquier there are massive whitetail bucks on private, posted, and protected property. The deer never leave these areas all year.

Good Old Outdoors
01-25-2012, 09:27 PM
and if this does not help you, then it's time to buy beef good ole outdoors!!! Moosin

Buying beef wont happen this year! I missed last years season, I WONT miss this years lol

BearStump
01-25-2012, 09:51 PM
you'd be wasting your time going there for deer after mid oct. they are really scarce and move away from that area. went there in oct once and was told this by a local. Thought "yah right, this guys full of it, probably just doesnt like outatowners" He was right. We saw 6 does between the 2 of us in 5 days. No bucks.

Good Old Outdoors
01-25-2012, 10:43 PM
you'd be wasting your time going there for deer after mid oct. they are really scarce and move away from that area. went there in oct once and was told this by a local. Thought "yah right, this guys full of it, probably just doesnt like outatowners" He was right. We saw 6 does between the 2 of us in 5 days. No bucks.
That would have been my initial responce too lol. Good to know, I will take a look in the early season but wont waste the gas for the later season then, Thanks

Glassman
01-26-2012, 12:01 AM
I did not hunt there this year but have hunted there for the last 5 years previous. Every year it got worse. in 2010, 4 of us only got 1 deer in 3 days when we usually would get 4 in 2 days and be picky with what we got. Some friends of mine that live there and work in the bush are also complaining about the lack of bucks especially around Birch Island, Clearwater and Little Ft. And YES, wolves are rampant around there.