PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell Warranty & Burris Question

rcar
01-24-2012, 05:15 PM
Last year I was having a lot of trouble getting my rifle to group. After a ton of troubleshooting, it turned out the Bushnell 3200 was the problem. I sent it to Bushnell in Ontario via my dealer here in Vancouver and just received a new replacement back......4 months later. I was told this is normal!

I was forced to buy a scope to use last fall while the Bushnell was in for repair. Not a big deal as I was going to buy a decent 3x9x40 for my back up rifle anyway but now I am in the position to decide on a scope for my go to rifle. Tikka T3 7mm rem mag.

There is no way I am going to mount the Bushnell as the 4 month repair time is totally unacceptable to me. I'll sell the Bushnell and use the $$ to buy a new scope.

My budget is not huge and all of my hunting shots are typically under 200yds.

I am leaning towards the new Burris E1 4.5x14x42. Reviews are quite good but I would prefer thoughts from hunters that have field experience with Burris.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

stugatz
01-24-2012, 05:25 PM
I would look to the redfield revolution its about $200, made by the same people that make leupold, (in the usa)lifetime warranty and very clear optics for the money. There is my two cents....oh! and by the way, entry level burris is made in china, need to say more.

ROEBUCK
01-24-2012, 05:38 PM
just got my dad a "leupy vx2 3x9x40" for $279 from wholesale
very nice scope for the money !

REMINGTON JIM
01-24-2012, 05:45 PM
Last year I was having a lot of trouble getting my rifle to group. After a ton of troubleshooting, it turned out the Bushnell 3200 was the problem. I sent it to Bushnell in Ontario via my dealer here in Vancouver and just received a new replacement back......4 months later. I was told this is normal!

I was forced to buy a scope to use last fall while the Bushnell was in for repair. Not a big deal as I was going to buy a decent 3x9x40 for my back up rifle anyway but now I am in the position to decide on a scope for my go to rifle. Tikka T3 7mm rem mag.

There is no way I am going to mount the Bushnell as the 4 month repair time is totally unacceptable to me. I'll sell the Bushnell and use the $$ to buy a new scope.

My budget is not huge and all of my hunting shots are typically under 200yds.

I am leaning towards the new Burris E1 4.5x14x42. Reviews are quite good but I would prefer thoughts from hunters that have field experience with Burris.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

I have the Burris Fullfield 11 4.5x14-42 - the before E1 model ! LOL Nice scope ! You really don't need a scope that big for 200 - yard hunting - i would stay with a 3-9 or 3.5-10 - i have a 4200 3.5-10 and its great ! leupold has faster repair time then bushnell i hear ! - i have no idea how long warranty would take with burris though ? I had a bushnell scopechief warranty last year- they could not repair it and sent me a brand new 3200 3-9 no charge- only took a month - sent it in myself ! I have my B&L binos in for new eyecups and service - sent on jan -10 - we will see how long this takes .

rcar
01-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Thanks for your thoughts guys. Nice thing with it being January...I have a lot of time to make a decision!

Beaufortranger
01-25-2012, 10:54 PM
Keep your eyes oPen on ebay for a leupold scope. Variable x-2 or 3 at least and in my opinion you wont have to worry about warranty return times anymore. Those things take a pounding and the cold/rain doesnt even faze them. Used to do the bushnell dance and havent had to deal with that bs since I went to the Leupolds. nb I hunt on the wet coast 50-60 days a year not from a truck.

Good Old Outdoors
01-25-2012, 11:37 PM
I would look to the redfield revolution its about $200, made by the same people that make leupold, (in the usa)lifetime warranty and very clear optics for the money. There is my two cents....oh! and by the way, entry level burris is made in china, need to say more.

Agreed! I just bought a 3-9x40 for $169 from cabelas, on sale reg price is $199. If you want to go with bigger bell they have a 3-9x50 model as well, and for $269 they have a 4-12x40. I have never heard of any issues or problems so far with redfields. Best scope for the money IMO

GOO