PDA

View Full Version : water buffalo

BCHunterFSJ
01-24-2012, 11:25 AM
At the end of February my wife and I are going to Argentina and Chile. I have a hunt booked for water buffalo and blackbuck
My question is, what exactly do you do with your water buffalo trophy. I have seen my share of African cape buffalo head mounts, but never a water buffalo...
Should I just opt for a European skull mount?
What do you guys think????

Tikka270
01-24-2012, 11:34 AM
I think either of them would look cool! But I would go with a head mount personally.

David Heitsman
01-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Are the buffalo indigenous to Argentina? If so you won't be able to bring it back anyways. Who have you booked with?
Craig Boddington has a great book on Argentina right now that you might want to get and read. He talks about killing a couple bulls in the book. It's kind of a coffee table style book with lots of photos and illustrations.
Enjoy the local Malbec!

ROEBUCK
01-24-2012, 05:42 PM
water buffs are a south east asian animal ! so not native to argentina !
shove it in a "can" to go along with the hunt LOL

BCHunterFSJ
01-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Are the buffalo indigenous to Argentina? If so you won't be able to bring it back anyways. Who have you booked with?
Craig Boddington has a great book on Argentina right now that you might want to get and read. He talks about killing a couple bulls in the book. It's kind of a coffee table style book with lots of photos and illustrations.
Enjoy the local Malbec!

I am booked with JJ Caceria. Water buffalo are not indigenous to Argentina; hopefully there will be no problem in this respect. As usual, Ron's Wildlife Services will be handling the importation. Will try to order the book today and enjoy it with a glass of Malbec.

trapntrav
02-26-2012, 09:08 PM
I assume your there now! when you get back let us know how you made out. My wife and I are headed to Argentina at the end of March as well. Good luck!

sheephunterab
02-26-2012, 11:45 PM
I'm thinking just a European mount for me but I've seen some shoulder mounts that do look pretty cool. Definitely a shoulder mount for the blackbuck though. Man they are cool looking. We are headed there in early April....can't wait!

FirePower
02-27-2012, 09:44 AM
I'm thinking just a European mount for me but I've seen some shoulder mounts that do look pretty cool. Definitely a shoulder mount for the blackbuck though. Man they are cool looking. We are headed there in early April....can't wait!

Spot on especially for the Blackbuck you should be very happy with both.

The Dude
02-27-2012, 10:21 AM
I see water buffalo every day..... I have pics of some HUGE horns!
They're mostly tied to trees, though.
They're livestock.

BCHunterFSJ
02-27-2012, 10:21 AM
I assume your there now! when you get back let us know how you made out. My wife and I are headed to Argentina at the end of March as well. Good luck!

Leaving tomorrow morning!!!!!!

Ruger4
02-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Leaving tomorrow morning!!!!!!

wow , I'm jealeous , we're working on a big mining project in Chille right now , hmmmmmmm

sawmill
03-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Make sure you unhook the cart from the buff before taking pictures.