PDA

View Full Version : Damn you think your dog is Badass?

fowlweather
01-23-2012, 12:10 AM
i just watched this, and i must say these dogs have got bigger balls then me. That thing is honest to god running on pure adrenaline and nothing else. What are they feeding it?!
I never knew Chuck Norris bred dogs.. (i am still stunned)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjRninh4vyc&feature=endscreen&NR=1

RJ
01-23-2012, 12:19 AM
Felt bad for the dog getting tossed at the end, wouldn't send my dog out in that stuff.

thetackdriver
01-23-2012, 12:25 AM
Pretty sweet till the end. Looks like a good way to lose a dog to me

Spy
01-23-2012, 12:28 AM
Yup that was not so cool!I would never send my dog into that "surf"!

Elkhound
01-23-2012, 12:30 AM
Im impressed..........wow

Beard
01-23-2012, 12:33 AM
i wouldnt either, it looked aweful cold would not want to have to jump in after them haha.

91Jason91
01-23-2012, 03:36 AM
I think thats bad on the hunter the dog could get hurt bad or die in a heart beat cause of those rocks
when I was in mexico 2 years ago I would be surfing along the beach and there was a wild black lab that would come swim in the surfing waves like 12 foot waves and get flipped up in the air and stuff but he went out on his own will as if he liked it, He was a wild dog tho. And in mexico it was a all sand beach and no rocks to crush up agaisnt but the dog could still die who knows
I would never send my dog into the ocean where there is surf and rocks like that. I would never expect my dog to do anything that I wouldnt be willing to do, if i am scared for my life going into the water cause of the rocks and waves I wouldnt expect my dog to go in.

fearnodeer
01-23-2012, 06:59 AM
I would personaly not do that to any dog, it seems rather cruel to me, i think those guys should have given it a try first to see how tough they are.

ncurrie
01-23-2012, 07:17 AM
I think thats bad on the hunter the dog could get hurt bad or die in a heart beat cause of those rocks
when I was in mexico 2 years ago I would be surfing along the beach and there was a wild black lab that would come swim in the surfing waves like 12 foot waves and get flipped up in the air and stuff but he went out on his own will as if he liked it, He was a wild dog tho. And in mexico it was a all sand beach and no rocks to crush up agaisnt but the dog could still die who knows
I would never send my dog into the ocean where there is surf and rocks like that. I would never expect my dog to do anything that I wouldnt be willing to do, if i am scared for my life going into the water cause of the rocks and waves I wouldnt expect my dog to go in.

completely agree with you 100%

Foxton Gundogs
01-23-2012, 08:31 AM
A dog will kill its self to please, It's up to us to see it doesn't that video is nothing to be proud of except maybe to the dogs they have my respect. Wana read something good, try to find "All Ghosts arn't White" originally published in a book called "JUST DOGS" may be able to find it on line.

hotload
01-23-2012, 11:47 AM
WTF!!! A dog will do anything for it's master, anything. It will die trying, but, why the hellll would you ask it to go die. This hits me real wrong, and really?? how important is a bird carcass........................................... .........

charr
01-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Not cool.....

cloverphil
01-23-2012, 12:19 PM
the dog has balls, I'm sure most dogs would try to retrieve when they're trained to, but the hunters are idiots and shouldn't be allowed pets

bighornbob
01-23-2012, 12:24 PM
I think thats bad on the hunter the dog could get hurt bad or die in a heart beat

Ever seen what a bear, wild boar or cougar hound faces??????

I think a lot of you are forgetting what dogs were bred to do and have become personally attached to them. How many call their dog a part of the family myself included? Others see them as a tool.

I know a few guys with cougar hounds and they see those dogs as tools. They know every time they release their hounds it may be the last time they may see them and they accept that. These guys are not dog haters as they have family pets that live inside but the hounds are used for one thing and that is hunting. They are not cold blooded and mistreat the dogs or put them down when they are injured. These hounds are well treated and visit the vet for any ailment. The difference is there is no personal attachment as they realize the dog may die at any time doing what it loves.

BHB

Islandbowhunter
01-23-2012, 12:31 PM
The drive of these animals is amazing. I understand that some dogs are used as "hunting tools", but this seems like a poor return on the investment. Why would I risk breaking or losing a valuable "tool" using it on a pleasure hunt?

Unless they're counting 100% on those retrieves to bring meat to sustain the family, I think it's too much to ask the dog to sacrifice its life for a fun day watefowling.

The dog: amazing.
The hunters: irresponsible.

A clear-cut case of "balls by proxy"...

sparkes3
01-23-2012, 02:37 PM
i wonder if those dogs would retrieve thier owners cuz if i was there they would be swimming with the decoys.
dogs amazing ,owners idiots but it shows how much mans best friend wants to please us.

01-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Very impressed with the dogs work but rather irresponsible of the owners of the determined mutt.

CT

rides bike to work
01-23-2012, 03:00 PM
socreblue merd

heyblast
01-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Well trained dogs but not a chance would I do that to my dog.

spreerider
01-23-2012, 08:19 PM
my dog would jump right in there after a duck but no way would i let him i get nervous when he retrieves a few ducks and its really cold out tires him out quickly and thats without fighting the surf.

f350ps
01-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Reminds me of Brant hunting back in the day when we shot off the beach, minus the rocks. I've seen Labs and one certain Golden that would retreive all day in surf bigger than that and sometimes with ice chunks in it. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just sayin! I'm sure there are a few guys that will chime in here, Popsy, Old Dog and the likes? I can vouch for the fact that launching a punt in that sh$t totally sucks! K

sparkes3
01-23-2012, 09:25 PM
when hunting sea ducks back home we would just have a boat on the lea side of the island or in a cove nearby so after a few shots some one would go retrieve the birds

Foxton Gundogs
01-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Reminds me of Brant hunting back in the day when we shot off the beach, minus the rocks. I've seen Labs and one certain Golden that would retreive all day in surf bigger than that and sometimes with ice chunks in it. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just sayin! I'm sure there are a few guys that will chime in here, Popsy, Old Dog and the likes? I can vouch for the fact that launching a punt in that sh$t totally sucks! K

True but the key in your post is "minus the rocks" A dog can hit the surf and get back on the beach safely then they dont have to scale 6 feet of smoth slick bolders with the surfpilling at them. I also hunted bid water back in the day and always made sure my dogs(labs back then) had safe and free acess to nad from the beach. Dogs will die tryinf its up to us to give them every chance not to.

Gilmore
01-24-2012, 10:45 AM
The dog: amazing.
The hunters: irresponsible.

Spot on bowhunter.

spear
01-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Not too keen on that, easy way for a dog to be injured or killed, they do everything and anything to please us.

Rock Doctor
01-24-2012, 11:40 AM
My old dog would jump out there on his own, he loved the water. I watched in dread a few times as the old bugger went rolling down a set of rapids trying to catch a piece of driftwood that caught his eye. He seemed to love doing it, and never hurt himself, you'll have to trust me when I say I NEVER encouraged the dangerouse stuff. That prick scared the fish out of the river more often than not.
I did have a lot of fun with him around rivers if I had a handfull of Tennis Balls. He could retrieve 4 at a time, one back in his throat, 2 side by side in his jaws, and one right out at the end of his jaws, just held with his teeth.

RD

02-03-2012, 06:34 PM
A dog will kill its self to please, It's up to us to see it doesn't that video is nothing to be proud of except maybe to the dogs they have my respect. Wana read something good, try to find "All Ghosts arn't White" originally published in a book called "JUST DOGS" may be able to find it on line.

Took me a while to catch this but 10-4 with Foxton.
The the time you will feel like the biggest shit head is when you send you dog to get hurt. I have learned the hard way, by accident. My chase will go to the end for a bird it is up to me to kill it somewhere my dog can get to. And Chase is an open salt chuck WCVI Veteran

Dutch
02-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Yes pretty much agree with the flow here I have crawled out on rotten ice with a punt to get one broken through ,down a slippery side stick(log boom) to save my dogs,tooo much invested in them to risk taking foolish chances.Think that if I have to shoot in those conditions would have a better plan than in open swell.Good video wonder if it was shot just for the tube ?? couple retrieves then lets go home ,with some editing

Ioneth
02-10-2012, 08:59 PM
I would never let my dog go into water like that. I don't even make my fat chessie jump into the truck she is so spoiled she just has to put her paws on the tail gate and daddy picks up her fat ass lol

f350ps
02-10-2012, 09:23 PM
After reading this post the only thing that comes to mind is that you guys gotta get out more. Chesapeake Bay Retrievers and Labrador Retrieviers names are derived from the places that these dogs got their notriety, and that was retrieving birds in not so favourable conditions. Maybe you guys should check with the CKC and have these dogs renamed, I'm thinkin English Bay Retriever and Kitsilano Retriever, sounds pretty good eh? Then maybe while yer at it we could get the season changed to May till August that way you could wear yer Birkenstock sandals huntin and wouldn't have to dick around with poochies neoprene vest? Are ya with me? :) K

pnbrock
02-10-2012, 10:04 PM
That's funny 350!!!

cavebear
02-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Ever seen what a bear, wild boar or cougar hound faces??????

I think a lot of you are forgetting what dogs were bred to do and have become personally attached to them. How many call their dog a part of the family myself included? Others see them as a tool.

I know a few guys with cougar hounds and they see those dogs as tools. They know every time they release their hounds it may be the last time they may see them and they accept that. These guys are not dog haters as they have family pets that live inside but the hounds are used for one thing and that is hunting. They are not cold blooded and mistreat the dogs or put them down when they are injured. These hounds are well treated and visit the vet for any ailment. The difference is there is no personal attachment as they realize the dog may die at any time doing what it loves.

BHB

I hound and know there is an inherent risk but at the same time if i see tracks on the edge of a cliff I dont cut the dogs loose.

Foxton Gundogs
02-11-2012, 12:45 AM
After reading this post the only thing that comes to mind is that you guys gotta get out more. Chesapeake Bay Retrievers and Labrador Retrieviers names are derived from the places that these dogs got their notriety, and that was retrieving birds in not so favourable conditions. Maybe you guys should check with the CKC and have these dogs renamed, I'm thinkin English Bay Retriever and Kitsilano Retriever, sounds pretty good eh? Then maybe while yer at it we could get the season changed to May till August that way you could wear yer Birkenstock sandals huntin and wouldn't have to dick around with poochies neoprene vest? Are ya with me? :) K

GREAT IDEA......I also want to put forth "Got A Bad Rap With The Press Bull" Hmmmmm no "Bull" won't work, we don't bait bulls any more????:confused: Let see maybe replace bull with????:confused: ah to hell with it they were bred to fight in pits and bait bulls, lets just go back to using them for the "sports" they were developed for.:mrgreen: That would just be easier!:-D

02-11-2012, 10:25 AM

Fly at it with your dog. We also starved huskies to make them work for their food too. And as Foxton pointed out maybe we shoul keep pit bulls in the pit.
You do point out how they were named in THE MARKET HUNTING DAYS.

but hey, whatever

Dutch
02-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Hmm could be the age too 350 when I was younger expected my dogs to do the stupid things that I did, now maybe only half as much :) Oh and spending 2500 on a new knee also makes me want him to take it a little easier lol