PDA

View Full Version : Clothing check... shotgun check...

Matthew_1977
01-22-2012, 08:56 PM
PAL finally came in the mail and I purchased my first shotgun. Ended up going with the Benelli Supernova in Max 4 camo. Gentleman from work was selling the shotgun at a great price and couldn't say no. Now it's off to the range to get a feel for the shotgun and hopefully pick up some shooting pointers here before next season starts!

I do have one question right now. I'm left handed and have done a bit of a search online to see if I can reverse the safety on the Benelli. Anyone who owns this gun if you could chime in on if it's possible to reverse the safety?

Much appreciated... off to go buy some clays!!

Matt
(Very new to water-fowling) :mrgreen:

WaderGator
01-22-2012, 09:36 PM
Im a lefty as well. I was rockin' an 870 super mag and now i've got a beretta xtrema 2. both safeties are set up for right handers and its never been a problem for me. in fact i think if i had a left hand safety now it would just throw me off. You've got a long wait for next duck season but you must be super stoked. better be hitting the clays hard :mrgreen:

Beard
01-22-2012, 11:37 PM
nice! enjoy it and yes lotsa time before next season

Morel
01-22-2012, 11:49 PM
I am a lefty as well and have read up on a lot of left handed or ambidextrous guns. Check the manual or with the manufacturer regarding reversing the safety. Many safeties can't be reversed and this is often explicitly stated in the manual.

Matthew_1977
01-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the posts. I'm really pumped to get started. I'm about two years new to BC and most of the guys I will be hunting with aren't into water-fowling but I'm hoping things will work out as I'm really into getting started. I'm sure I'll get use to the righty safety... will just take some time I gather.

Foxton Gundogs
01-23-2012, 08:18 AM
PAL finally came in the mail and I purchased my first shotgun. Ended up going with the Benelli Supernova in Max 4 camo. Gentleman from work was selling the shotgun at a great price and couldn't say no. Now it's off to the range to get a feel for the shotgun and hopefully pick up some shooting pointers here before next season starts!

I do have one question right now. I'm left handed and have done a bit of a search online to see if I can reverse the safety on the Benelli. Anyone who owns this gun if you could chime in on if it's possible to reverse the safety?

Much appreciated... off to go buy some clays!!

Matt
(Very new to water-fowling) :mrgreen:

Go right to the source contact Chay at customer service Benelli USA cdeaver@benelliusa.com great guy he will answer your question for you I'm sure.

Cheers

Islandbowhunter
01-23-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm a southpaw, shot many right handed semi's. Don't bother with the safety, you'll learn your firearm.

Good on ya' for starting the practice now, you won't be crippling as many birds. :)

WaderGator
01-23-2012, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the posts. I'm really pumped to get started. I'm about two years new to BC and most of the guys I will be hunting with aren't into water-fowling but I'm hoping things will work out as I'm really into getting started. I'm sure I'll get use to the righty safety... will just take some time I gather.

I'm sure you can find a few guys on here to drag you out and show you a few things when the season comes around. whereabouts are you?

WestCoastTodd
01-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Funny, I'm in a similar boat (har, sorry). Just starting out, my buddies weren't really into waterfowling. The solution? Get them out to shoot clays! Lots of fun, they will be shopping for shotguns the next day. I did manage to get out a few times (to Brunswick) for pass shooting. Didn't get a damned thing, but had a couple of really nice mornings in the marsh.
And I'm also left handed: smart and good looking :)

Matthew_1977
01-23-2012, 09:57 PM
Agreed WestCoastTodd... I think getting the guys out shooting clays couldn't hurt. Tons of fun I imagine.

WaderGator: I'm in Langley and will probably go to Abbotsford for my range time.

Hopefully I'll get to know a few folks around here and I can tag along the odd time for some lessons in the sport.

WaderGator
01-23-2012, 11:07 PM
I'll probably hit up vancouver gun club for some sporting clays at some point in the next little while, work permitting, I'll shoot you a message if you wanna come along. sporting clays is a stupid amount of fun but youre not allowed to judge my skills (or lack there of) haha

Matthew_1977
01-24-2012, 10:08 PM
Sounds good. Granted, given that I've never shot clays same goes on my front. heh.