PDA

View Full Version : Who carries hiking boots on the mainland?

lorneparker1
01-22-2012, 08:44 PM
Does anyone carry the higher end boots on the mainland? lowa"s, handwags, etc. I would like a chance to try them on before dropping 500 on a boot.

Lorne

BigBanger
01-23-2012, 01:21 AM
AJ Brooks on broadway sells Miendl and I love mine. This is the only brand of boot I'll buy now.

Good Old Outdoors
01-23-2012, 02:02 AM
That might be the same store im thinking of.....If not there is a place in van just down the road from MEC that sells ,miendls, as for lowas, i have no idea. Hope this helps at all

2x4x16
01-23-2012, 08:13 AM
All the hiking, granola stores, are on W Broadway close to MEC. Take an afternoon and go shopping down there. I was just at most of these places at Christmas time. Stock is very low at all of them, new inventory will be coming in end of Feb and beginning of March - at least that's what I was told. Each store will carry something different from the next.

shotgunjohn
01-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Hi Lorne, Check out Valhalla Pure Outfitters in Langford next time your down Island. They not only sell some higher end boots but they have people that understand how to fit boots.

Good Old Outdoors
01-23-2012, 10:24 AM
i did some looking around online for lowas or meindls for myself, valhalla and wholesale outfitters sell neither, but from what i heard they both fit like danners if you have ever owned a pair they are a good example as for sizing.

Tuffcity
01-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Europe Bound on West Broadway used to carry some Lowa- I think they're across the street from MEC.

RC

BCRiverBoater
01-23-2012, 07:13 PM
All the hiking and camping stuff you will ever need will be found in the numerous stores on West Broadway. I am sure one of the smaller stores carry what you are looking for. I just can't remember what ones.

My favorite store there is Taiga. No boots though. Canadian made right in Vancouver. Awesome gear for those of you who have not tried any of it. Only some of it is good for hunting but very good clothes/jackets over all. And their sleeping bags compare to any top brand on the market for a fraction of the cost. You can custom order your bag for the temperature rating you like and add the waterproof outer material. The store is small and very crowed but is well worth the visit.

2x4x16
01-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Europe Bound on West Broadway used to carry some Lowa- I think they're across the street from MEC.

RC

they don't sell them any more, I was just there.

btsuga
01-23-2012, 09:30 PM
As far as I can tell you cannot buy Hanwag's in BC, see link http://hanwagcanada.com/. I bought mine in Edmonton about 12 years ago and still love them.

brian
01-24-2012, 11:31 PM
There is a Valhalla Pure just about a block west of MEC. 3 Vets is North West of MEC and they carry Danners. As has been mentioned AJ Brooks right across from MEC carries Miendls. And if you are in the mood for something a little different there is Dayton who makes boots in Vancouver. They have mostly motorcycle wear with one or two hikers. http://www.daytonboots.com

Ltbullken
01-25-2012, 08:11 PM
AJ Brooks in Vancouver. The service is top notch and they know boots. I live in the Interior and get my boots there. Check them out on line.