PDA

View Full Version : Canada in the Rough and locals.

Blainer
01-22-2012, 10:19 AM
I find it funny that nobody posted a thread regarding Canada in the Rough and our locals from HBC?
Possibly others have already seen it?
I thought it was Fantastic.
Actually the best episode I have seen.
Thanks guys!
next week's looks to be equally as good.:-D

http://www.canadaintherough.com/images/episodes/episode120-md.jpg

Brambles
01-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Haven't seen it but I think I know the guys your talking about.

300H&H
01-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Yes I have to agree, todays show was good.
I wish I could do a hunt like that but my knees would let me down every time.:icon_frow

ncurrie
01-22-2012, 10:30 AM
i enjoyed watching this one!

swampthing
01-22-2012, 10:34 AM
I missed it this mornin but will catch it this week. Any HBCers on it?

bruin
01-22-2012, 10:41 AM
So can you fill is in? Where and who? Thanks

calvin L
01-22-2012, 10:42 AM
I am sure the fame will get to the two at one point. I am not sure which one will have to change there name on here to hollywood but knowing them both one better than the other I have an idea :-) Good job boys as I am not sure how I would be able to deal with the tv part of the hunt. Over all I am impressed with what you two do for the hunting community. Both of you are doers not talkers. Thanks for that bc rams & stone sheep steve
Calvin L

scallywag
01-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Best episode of Canada in the rough yet. Can't wait for next week

Wrayzer
01-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Didnt realize we had some HBC celebrities on it this morning, great episode.

r106
01-22-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm just about to watch it on the PVR. I saw right away there were some HBC celebrities in it. Was there a thread/story about this earlier this year???

Brambles
01-22-2012, 11:18 AM
It was kept on the QT

BCHoyt
01-22-2012, 11:22 AM
That was a great episode... I forgot to PVR it though... Wish I could go back and record it somehow.. Either way.. coolest part was that grizzly chargeing the goats.. WOW!

pnbrock
01-22-2012, 11:24 AM
having met both guys at diffrent wildlife events knowing what great guys they are made watching this morning a little more cool.great show boys will be tuned in for next week foresure.

Crazy_Farmer
01-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Yeah I kept waiting for a thread to be made by someone when I first noticed who was on it.

Even the goose outfitter from vanderhoof who Canada in the Rough hunted with on another episode was with them Chad Westbrook or something like that.

Magazine articles and now tv appearances. Hit the big time! Congrats looked like a excellent trip, gotta agree one of the better episodes they've put out.

r106
01-22-2012, 11:56 AM
One of the best hunting episodes I've ever seen. Can't wait for the episode #2 next week

MB_Boy
01-22-2012, 12:00 PM
I forgot to watch until it was about halfway over this morning.....but did recognize the faces. I'll have to watch for it in repeats to catch the whole thing.

Junorr500
01-22-2012, 12:07 PM
Anyone know how a fellow could see the episodes if he hasent a PVR and missed the morning show?

billjc33
01-22-2012, 12:08 PM
its on again at 4:30

Caribou_lou
01-22-2012, 12:08 PM
Canada in the rough... Every time I turn it on they seem to be harvesting ducks, Small bears or small deer. They Actually put out a show worth watching this time! Great footage, Scenery, and a couple nice goats! I thought I recognized one guy from a previous Avatar he had. He didn't do much talking though... wish he would have mentioned more about the area he was hunting!

huntcoop
01-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Great episode, looking forward to next week. Well done boys, doing BC proud!

moosinaround
01-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Just got to the charging grizzly part and had to pause to go grocery shopping. Will resume the show shortly. Good job so far BCRams and SSS. Moosin

MB_Boy
01-22-2012, 12:18 PM
its on again at 4:30

On Global again or is it on WildTV?

BCHoyt
01-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Just checked shaw and cant seem to find it on again at 4:30... hmmmm

Stone Sheep Steve
01-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Was a good, interesting and eye-opening experience to see what goes into making a show like that.
Cameraman did an awesome job...just too bad that soooo much great footage had to hit the editing room floor. Wished there was more time for them to show more of the "other stuff" that would have given the show show a better "feel" for the hunt.... but when you only have maybe 12-14 minutes they did a good job.

The grizz/goat thing was awesome! Too bad I didn't get to witness it for myself.

Despite all the unknowns of hunting with 3 new guys (and 2 rookie backpackers), the dynamics of 5 guys hunting together for 2 full weeks went very well. We were all over Keith and Chad to get into sheep shape and they did a great job preparing for this trip. I'm sure they will say they could have done more but they did great!

I was disapointed that I got hardly any of my own footage of the hunt.

There will be another episode later in the season that involves some other locals. Looking forward to watching that one, too.

SSS

BCRiverBoater
01-22-2012, 12:58 PM
It is on again on Wild TV tomorrow morning at 6:00am or 8:00 eastern.

Junorr500
01-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Guess us guys without satallite or cable are SOL. Ill have to try and catch a rerun on global. Anywhere to download it?

bighornbob
01-22-2012, 01:31 PM
Wished there was more time for them to show more of the "other stuff" that would give the show show a better "feel" for the hunt but when you only have maybe 12-14 minutes they did a good job.

SSS

Yah and if there was thing called Smell-a-vision others could have smelled (as I have on past trips) your rotten feet you were airing out while having lunch.:):):):)

Great job you two.

BHB

Stone Sheep Steve
01-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Yah and if there was thing called Smell-a-vision others could have smelled (as I have on past trips) your rotten feet you were airing out while having lunch.:):):):)

Great job you two.

BHB

Smell is a powerfull memory, that's for sure:mrgreen:.

TyTy
01-22-2012, 01:39 PM
canada in the rough plays @ 7:30 am, sunday on Global. I recently just got a PVR, puttin it to good use.

I really liked this episode, (part I of II?) I thought the hunter host idea was much better than just another guided hunt. Nice to see some HBC guys getting it done with CITR.

To SSS and BCRAMS, how did the hunter host idea come together with CITR?

358mag
01-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Great job SSS and BCRAMS sure hope the doesn't BCWF find out you were guiding "NON RESIDENT" hunters on national TV !!!!
all kinding a side one of the best CITR episodes hope the part 2 sheep hunting is as good

Stone Sheep Steve
01-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Great job SSS and BCRAMS sure hope the doesn't BCWF find out you were guiding "NON RESIDENT" hunters on national TV !!!!
all kinding a side one of the best CITR episodes hope the part 2 sheep hunting is as good

Yep. Shouldn't have accepted that RedHead hat as a gift...no wait.... actually, I forgot to give it back:oops:.

SSS

porcupine
01-22-2012, 04:36 PM
Really enjoyed the show this morning. Looking forward to next week.

one-shot-wonder
01-22-2012, 05:03 PM
Just saw the episode, really nice footage in some beauty country!

SSS only got 1 line in but he made it a good one........."look at that horseface!"

No wonder the stories from your hunt were so vague and short you sneaky guys..... that episode will be neat memory to lok back on in years to come.

Can't wait for part 2.....

91Jason91
01-22-2012, 05:42 PM
have not seen it yet

Ruger4
01-22-2012, 05:46 PM
I find it funny that nobody posted a thread regarding Canada in the Rough and our locals from HBC?

......all the cool HBC guys were notified !!! :wink:

swamper
01-22-2012, 06:01 PM
I started to watch it while up in Vanderhoof for the 3-D shoot, but had to leave part way through. Luckily I PVR'd and will watch in a few minutes. Good to see local folk that we know on the show.
Swamper

bosca
01-22-2012, 06:25 PM
I feel like a bit of an ignoramus...Some one please tell me where I find 'Canada in the Rough'.

What Channel? What time?

I just did a search on youtube but could not find the most recent episode you are referring to.

ROEBUCK
01-22-2012, 07:26 PM
So how does the hunter host work ?
Have they changed the regs ? As it states in the regs that no stone sheep hunting with a acompany to hunt permit in the synopsis.
I hope its changed as i have a friend who would like to hunt stone sheep ?

Stone Sheep Steve
01-22-2012, 08:31 PM
So how does the hunter host work ?
Have they changed the regs ? As it states in the regs that no stone sheep hunting with a acompany to hunt permit in the synopsis.
I hope its changed as i have a friend who would like to hunt stone sheep ?

Nope. It hasn't changed. The hunter host was only for a mtn goat. Beasly was only a spectator/director after he filled his goat tag. Just us residents were hunting sheep.

SSS

ROEBUCK
01-22-2012, 08:44 PM
That sucks !
I suppose we will have to hunt goats instead ! Its a hard life ! Lol

Stone Sheep Steve
01-22-2012, 08:44 PM
I feel like a bit of an ignoramus...Some one please tell me where I find 'Canada in the Rough'.

What Channel? What time?

I just did a search on youtube but could not find the most recent episode you are referring to.

Airs on Global Sundays @ 7:30am. Part II airs next Sunday. You'll have to wait for re-runs for part I.

Wild TV...Not sure when Part I and II air?
Mondays @ 8:00am Eastern Standard Time
Tuesdays @ 5:30am Eastern Standard Time
Thursdays @ 8:00pm Eastern Standard Time
Saturdays @ 9:30am Eastern Standard Time

The Sportsman Channel...not sure when both episodes air?
AIR TIMES:

Sunday
7:30 PM
Monday
4:30 PM
Thursday
7:30 AM

Here's both of the intros ....
http://www.thesportsmanchannel.com/programming/descriptions/description.php?ID=425

Ambush
01-22-2012, 08:50 PM
Best CITR ever!!

I turn it on every Sunday morning and it's often duck hunting, but what nice surprise this morning.

When will we see you guys on "Prancing With the Stars"? :-D :mrgreen:

bosca
01-22-2012, 09:08 PM
I will check it out.

Thanks for the thorough reply.

jtred
01-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Sometimes I wish we still had cable, Canada in the Rough is the only thing I miss that I can't watch on the computer for free and I refuse to pay for tv anymore.

huntcoop
01-22-2012, 09:28 PM
That should have been a 2 hour episode! Can't wait for next Sunday.

troutseeker
01-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Great show, I just watched it off the PVR. Looks like BC Brad and SSS had an opportunity to pack some goat meat back to camp and that wilderness BBQ must have tasted awesome! Beautiful country for sure, can't wait for the second part.

Fisher-Dude
01-22-2012, 10:51 PM
......all the cool HBC guys were notified !!! :wink:

Hehe, it's an elite group! :mrgreen:

Stone Sheep Steve
01-23-2012, 05:37 AM
Hehe, it's an elite group! :mrgreen:

Ooops. I meant to send the schedule to all my good union buddies. Must be my fat thumbs;).

We didn't want to advertise it..but also didn't want everyone to miss it either. CITR wasn't on my PVR list before this new season.

SSS

375 ultramag
01-23-2012, 06:47 AM
Got to watch it this morning.....great job on both of them.

Mr. Dean
01-23-2012, 06:47 AM
This was a GOOD show.
Where was Pigeon???

Stone Sheep Steve
01-23-2012, 06:55 AM
Where was Pigeon???

As of last August, he's no longer part of the show and has moved on to other things.

Mr. Dean
01-23-2012, 07:01 AM
As of last August, he's no longer part of the show and has moved on to other things.

OK.... I might just take up being a more faithful viewer now - This episode was freaking AWESOME!!

Benthos
01-23-2012, 10:44 AM
nice work guys, looked like a fun trip thus far. we'll see how the sheep hunt goes next week.

01-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Glad I recorded it. Just watched it this morning.
Great show guys, put me where I've been and want to return ........ those rewards you received on top of the ridges of remote BC cannot be over valued. Can't have enough time in the world to experience it to much. This episode, was what we BC mountain hunters really appreciate. Looking forward to next week. Great team work and congrats to you all.

CT

BCrams
01-23-2012, 11:09 AM
Thank you for the comments everyone. It answers the question why there was no annual SSS / BCrams story posting.

It was a great experience with regards to show making. Like SSS said, kudos to the cameraman for an awsome job and there was a lot of great footage that never made the show and is a task that is not too easy when you consider the time frame they have with commercials and the Canada in the Rough brand.

First time back pack hunters, Keith and Chad did an excellent job preparing for the hunt and the dynamics of 5 people were were overcome with a great attidude, and in particular, a good hunting partner such SSS. At the end of the day it boils down to having a good time and making a team effort of it.

Kieth and Chad were absolutly thrilled with their mountain goats. As a side note - after we caped the goats out and scrutinized the horns more - the actual ages were 14 and 7 of which CI also conlcuded (which I was interested to watch too). Nice mature goats with Kieth's being an ancient billy and a great trophy for anyone with its age.

The grizzly / goat footage was amazing and more so that it was captured on film. Gives the chills imagining yourself in place of those goats.

Great job you two.

BHB

You would know. :lol: Smell? I'm so used to it I don't notice anymore lol.

I hope you all enjoyed watching as much as we did.

Good2bCanadian
01-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Great show!
I think pigeons knees are shot.
Out with the old and in with the new.

Love my pvr.

Catches all my weekend man soaps.

huntcoop
01-23-2012, 04:00 PM
...there was a lot of great footage that never made the show...

Too bad you can't get the footage that hit the editing room floor and make your own video, bet it would be stunning.

ursus
01-23-2012, 05:56 PM
One of the best episodes of Canada in the Rough! Well done! Look forward to part 2!

IPA
01-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Got to watch this episode and would agree that it is one of there best so far. Looking forward to part two now, on a side note who did the CI's for the goats ?

Stone Sheep Steve
01-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Got to watch this episode and would agree that it is one of there best so far. Looking forward to part two now, on a side note who did the CI's for the goats ?

A fella does them right at Tatogga Lk Lodge. Can't remember his name but have seen his face before at the WSSBC weekend.

SSS

srupp
01-23-2012, 09:51 PM
HMMM missed it FIRST time Greg met me for coffee in PG,,I will waitch it well done Brent and Greg....alone with CHILCOTIN HILLBILLIES WHO HAS ALSO DOE SEVERAL OUDOOR SHOWS..ENJOYED HIS EXTREMELLY WILL.. will get to see Brent and Gregs soon..

well doneGuys..

steve

Ambush
01-23-2012, 09:57 PM
A fella does them right at Tatogga Lk Lodge. Can't remember his name but have seen his face before at the WSSBC weekend.SSS
Rick Boonstra.

Fishhound
01-24-2012, 08:03 AM
I would say that was the best Canada in the Rough episode I have watched and now that host Pigeon is gone will continue to watch this show

bowhunterbruce
01-24-2012, 08:17 AM
i too enjoyed the show,it was one of the best citr shows ive seen to date and am looking forwards to part 2 this upcomming weekend
very well done guys.

Blainer
01-28-2012, 06:55 AM
Don't miss this weeks episode.

http://www.canadaintherough.com/images/episodes/episode121-md.jpg
This week Keith Beasley will be tagging along with biologist Greg Blackburn, Brent Tingstad and Chad Westbrook, who all have sheep tags in their pockets. With BC’s “full curl” regulation, the group is after a Ram that breaks the bridge of his nose with his horn or that is at least eight years old; not any easy task to find, let alone identify, one of these animals with their incredible eyesight and the rough habitat they live in.

bowhunterbruce
01-28-2012, 07:25 AM
just finished pre-programing the pvr to record it just incase i'm busy or forget or out dawg huntin.
thanks for the reminder

Stone Sheep Steve
01-28-2012, 08:09 AM
Just finished watching Part 2 on Global Toronto. Won't spoil it for anyone.

Part 1 "should" be airing on Wild TV starting Monday for anyone who missed it. Seems they lag behind Global by 1 week.

SSS

whitetailsheds
01-28-2012, 11:18 AM
WTH? Global was showing Canadian Tradition...deer hunts in Alberta. Couldn't find CITR....wassup?

huntwriter
01-28-2012, 11:24 AM
WTH? Global was showing Canadian Tradition...deer hunts in Alberta. Couldn't find CITR....wassup?

On Global Canada in the Rough is shown on Sunday mornings 7:30 am.

whitetailsheds
01-28-2012, 11:48 AM
On Global Canada in the Rough is shown on Sunday mornings 7:30 am.

Thanks Othmar! Appreciated!

01-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Canada in the Rough part 2 should be on global tomorrow morning 7:30 am PST

Looking forward to it too, the 1st one was great !

Good job guys

CT

Ambush
01-28-2012, 01:42 PM
My daughter was just here and said that BCRams was interviewed by CBC.

Anybody got a link to the interview??

whitetailsheds
01-28-2012, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE=BCrams;1073618]Thank you for the comments everyone. It answers the question why there was no annual SSS / BCrams story posting.

.......'spose you guys are charging for autographs? You know to pay for next years adventure....just sayin'......lol.......

BillyBull
01-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Watched both of the two-part episodes and this was great to see them in BC. The did the moose episode back a year ago out of the north by Dease and they also did the bear and goose hunts out of Vanderhoof. Always enjoy the shows that are in the best province.

huntwriter
01-28-2012, 07:14 PM

Great to see local hunters get some media exposure, and on CBC too. Wow!! They are usually not that hunter friendly. :)

Stone Sheep Steve
01-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Great to see local hunters get some media exposure, and on CBC too. Wow!! They are usually not that hunter friendly. :)

It was CBC NORTH. They are a little more "centered".

SSS

luckofthedraw
01-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Just watched this episode today. I watch every sunday thanks to my pvr and this is the ONLY episode I haven't deleted after watching. Good job.

Stone Sheep Steve
01-28-2012, 08:54 PM

Anybody got a link to the interview??

Here's the link.
http://www.cbc.ca/daybreaknorth/interviews/2012/01/27/deaf-prince-george-hunter-featured-on-tv/

I thought the interview was great...until the final comment by the CBC dude. You'll see what I mean. Might have to re-educate him on his choice of terms just a tad:mrgreen:.

SSS

Fisher-Dude
01-28-2012, 09:03 PM
.......'spose you guys are charging for autographs? You know to pay for next years adventure....just sayin'......lol.......

I hung out with SSS all day today. I felt so unworthy. http://forums.castanet.net/images/smilies/notworthy1jy9.gif (http://forums.castanet.net/posting.php?mode=quote&f=26&p=1177007#)

yama49
01-28-2012, 09:05 PM
[QUOTE=Stone Sheep Steve;1078910]Here's the link.
http://www.cbc.ca/daybreaknorth/interviews/2012/01/27/deaf-prince-george-hunter-featured-on-tv/

I thought the interview was great...until the final comment by the CBC dude. You'll see what I mean. Might have to re-educate him on his choice of terms just a tad:mrgreen:.

lol i see what u mean about his last comment.. I thought it was a good interview, congrats boys

Ambush
01-28-2012, 11:30 PM
Good interview and great publicity for hunters in general.

The "guiding" term is understandable coming from a non-hunter and no harm done.

01-29-2012, 08:16 AM
great job guys!! really enjoyed every minute. Just waiting for backyardigans to finish up so I can watch episode 2!!

Blainer
01-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Frickin awsome!
Nothing but respect for you two.
A great repesentation of knowledgable and respectful hunters.
Brilliant!

yama49
01-29-2012, 09:12 AM
Just watched part 2, job well done boys. congrats bigtime on a great adventure..

d6dan
01-29-2012, 09:15 AM
Great show Boys!. Looks like you had a fantastic trip and the scenery was awesome.:-D

SHAKER
01-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Nicely done...... Good to show the East coaster's something other then tree stand hunts.

huntwriter
01-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Great show and awesome scenery showing the best our province has to offer. Would have loved to be able to hear what was talked about but couldn't turn the sound up that early in the morning (wife still sleeping after a long day of work) to the level that I need as a 60% deaf person.

Maybe one of these days I'll go on a sheep hunt too, this show certainly whetted my appetite for it.

rock
01-29-2012, 09:48 AM
I guess it helps if you have TV. might see it one day hoping

pg83
01-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Really enjoyed the show this morning as well. Beautiful country.

porcupine
01-29-2012, 11:32 AM
A great two part adventure. Loved every minute of it. Realy showed the highs and lows of hunting. Looks like a couple of those rams will be shooters next year. Well done guys.

bruin
01-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Is it replayed in the afternoon?

islander7mm
01-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Great show. My Sunday morning routine usually involves watching CITR with my two boys(future hunters). They loved the rams. Awesome job guys.

Kitimat Killer
01-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Great show guys just watched part two love the show now I just need to catch part 1

Hombre
01-29-2012, 12:31 PM
One of the better episodes I have seen, congrats Greg and Brent.The only problem I had with the show,it was'nt long enough!

pmj
01-29-2012, 01:21 PM
Once again, above and beyond. Congratulations BCRams and SSS.
Paul J.

Stone Sheep Steve
01-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Is it replayed in the afternoon?

I believe Part 1 will be airing on Wild TV this week starting tomorrow.

I have to thank Greg for "making" me be a part of this whole thing. When CITR contacted him to do the show, he said he would only do it if I was part of the show.
A couple of gliches happenned a couple of weeks before the hunt was supposed to happen. Since I wasn't essential to the show, I volunteered to step aside to make the whole thing easier to happen but Greg(and Keith) would have no part of that. Both insisted that the whole team was going.
Top shelf guys all the way!!:)

Of course Greg was the mastermind the whole hunt. He had to pick an area that would meet the needs of the show without being too tough of an area for the crew. Wouldn't look good on his resume that he actually hiked a TV host to death:-D.
Despite no rams going down, it worked out pretty good considering it was a new area for everyone involved.

SSS

porcupine
01-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Just watched it again (will probably view it many more times) and was wondering if the billies horns were measured or scored? The biggest one sure look like it had a lot of mass to it. Great to see one shot kills on goats too, as that doesn't often happen.

ECWC
01-29-2012, 03:29 PM
I've watched and re-watched these episodes a few times now! Nice to see a hunting show that doesn't make me roll my eyes every time the host opens his/her mouth. Great info and some awesome country. This is really fueling the mountain hunting fire!

Canadian276
01-29-2012, 03:33 PM
I was watching it this morning but had to leave for work at 7:45 so i missed the last half of the episode. What was the result of the hunt? were they able to get their ram?

SHAKER
01-29-2012, 04:13 PM
No... but it didn't matter...... The hunting experience was something that will never be forgotten and shows you don't have to kill to make a great show. 6 thumbs up from our family this morning.

01-29-2012, 04:21 PM
Good show guys, great country.

Well done.

CT

swamper
01-29-2012, 04:21 PM
Awesome show guys. These are two shows that have not been deleted from my PVR. Will be showing to hunting buddies when they come over. As for Pigeon, he did provide some entertaining moments, but it has been apparent for the past year he was being faded out. The Beasley brothers have been the main hosts for the past year. Pretty good for farm boys from Southern Ontario. Once again, great job Greg and Steve.

Rattler
01-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Great show as many have echoed here....Sure nice to see some high mountain BC hunting for a change. Way to go Greg and Brent!

Stone Sheep Steve
01-29-2012, 05:17 PM
No... but it didn't matter...... The hunting experience was something that will never be forgotten and shows you don't have to kill to make a great show. 6 thumbs up from our family this morning.

Yep! Good thing a ram doesn't have to go down for a sheep hunt to be considered successful..or I would have given it up years ago:-?.

Can't wait to watch CITR's next episode hunting the mountains of BC!;)

SSS

r106
01-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Yep! Good thing a ram doesn't have to go down for a sheep hunt to be considered successful..or I would have given it up years ago:-?.

Can't wait to watch CITR's next episode hunting the mountains of BC!;)

SSS

Come on what aren't you telling us??? Elk?

Great job on the show

Ozone
01-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Come on what aren't you telling us??? Elk?

Great job on the show

Mulies. April 1st

kennyj
01-29-2012, 06:15 PM
Awesome show! Really enjoyed it.
kenny

troutseeker
01-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Great show, nice to see our boyz in action and on the TV! Where did you guys stash the tree stands?

Stone Sheep Steve
01-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Great show, nice to see our boyz in action and on the TV! Where did you guys stash the tree stands?

Did you see any trees??;)

SSS

huntcoop
01-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Well done fellas, outstanding. The only shitty part was that the 30 minutes went by way to fast. That would have been an epic 2 hour movie.

358mag
01-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Great show and a job well done SSS + BC Rams just watched part 2 great looking country , one question what did you guys do with the 2 billy goat meat-capes did you pack them back down to the main lake or ?????

BCrams
01-31-2012, 09:55 PM
Thanks!

We had all the meat in game bags buried in snow packs for a few days and after a move we cached it in an above ground meat cache at tree line where it would be nice and cool. The capes went with us where we alternated drying slowly in the wind with salt and rolled up in the shade. Worked really well.

358mag
01-31-2012, 10:01 PM
Thanks!

We had all the meat in game bags buried in snow packs for a few days and after a move we cached it in an above ground meat cache at tree line where it would be nice and cool. The capes went with us where we alternated drying slowly in the wind with salt and rolled up in the shade. Worked really well.
Good stuff got to love Mother Natures freezer when your up in the high country can hardly wait to go again hope you made SSS pack the extra weight too !!!!!

bcrawford
01-31-2012, 11:58 PM
Great show! Thanks BCrams and sss!!

Stone Sheep Steve
02-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Good stuff got to love Mother Natures freezer when your up in the high country can hardly wait to go again hope you made SSS pack the extra weight too !!!!!

I love to pack heavy loads as long as my pack is full of meat. Don't like it as much when my pack is full of BCram's make-up, hair products and wardrobe!:mrgreen:

SSS

MB_Boy
02-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Man.....I missed the first 2/3rds of the first one....and alll of the second one. I am going to have to keep my eyes peeled for repeats.

358mag
02-01-2012, 10:49 AM
I love to pack heavy loads as long as my pack is full of meat. Don't like it as much when my pack is full of BCram's make-up, hair products and wardrobe!:mrgreen:

SSS
Har you too must get a long just fine after 10 days up in the mountains:-D would love to see the editors cuts that didn't make it on to the show that would be a great bunch of shits + giggles for sure

Stone Sheep Steve
02-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Man.....I missed the first 2/3rds of the first one....and alll of the second one. I am going to have to keep my eyes peeled for repeats.

You get Wild TV, MB? Part 1 is airing this week. Part 2 should be next week.

SSS

MB_Boy
02-01-2012, 01:23 PM
You get Wild TV, MB? Part 1 is airing this week. Part 2 should be next week.

SSS

NO!!! Crapola!!! I have been thinking about getting but heard up and down from everyone about it.

I may have to pick it up for this anyhow!!

Caveman
02-04-2012, 12:00 PM
I just watched both episodes back to back on WildTV VOD. Awesome job, Greg and Brent! Really enjoyed it. The scenery and stalks were great!

Side Note, you can get WildTV free for one month and stream these on your computer if you so choose, that's what I did

Ghost Stalker
02-08-2012, 07:53 PM
sounds like a fun time

sparkes3
02-09-2012, 07:41 AM
dam i was in camp and missed both episodes

Stone Sheep Steve
03-31-2012, 06:04 AM
Mulies. April 1st

Just caught the tail end of this episode on Global Eastern this monring.

Don't forget to set your PVRs for tomorrow's Global Vancouver's show.

SSS

pnbrock
03-31-2012, 07:31 AM
did u star in this aswell?

tracker
03-31-2012, 08:04 AM
Good job Ken and Derick, they took alot of great footage of some very familiar mulie country.

Stone Sheep Steve
03-31-2012, 11:58 AM
did u star in this aswell?

Nope but another HBC'er did.

SSS

upcomer
03-31-2012, 03:47 PM
My telus tv is only showing old 2005 waterfowl episodes on wildtv and global. Whats the deal??!?!?!

lawlu
03-31-2012, 04:12 PM
SSS,
I met Beasley at the hunting show. Seems like a good guy.
He mentioned that he lost half of his goat to bear but didn't have a chance to get into details. What happened?!?

Stone Sheep Steve
03-31-2012, 04:46 PM
SSS,
I met Beasley at the hunting show. Seems like a good guy.
He mentioned that he lost half of his goat to bear but didn't have a chance to get into details. What happened?!?

When we dropped down to treeline we stashed the meat in an old outfitters meat cache. It was an elevated cache with a ladder but it lacked galvanized steel arount the trees. After chasing sheep for a week we returned and found that a bear had helped himself. The only thing that we were able to find was this....
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_3700.JPG

...and these....

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_3694.JPG

We did see one rat black bear in the area so we guessed that the thief was him.

We were pretty choked and it was just an hour and a half or so back down to the lake and all the hard work was done.

We reported the loss of meat to a CO as soon as we got back to Tatogga.

SSS

lawlu
03-31-2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks for finishing off the story! Too bad... at least the mount was not lost.
How did the one goat taste anyway? I am planning on trying a hunt next year, but have not done this before.

...and these....

When we dropped down to treeline we stashed the meat in an old outfitters meat cache. It was an elevated cache with a ladder but it lacked galvanized steel arount the trees. After chasing sheep for a week we returned and found that a bear had helped himself. The only thing that we were able to find was this....
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_3700.JPG

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_3694.JPG

We did see one rat black bear in the area so we guessed that the thief was him.

We were pretty choked and it was just an hour and a half or so back down to the lake and all the hard work was done.

We reported the loss of meat to a CO as soon as we got back to Tatogga.

SSS

OutWest
04-01-2012, 07:33 AM
Some pretty familiar looking territory is right. The show is on and I'm looking forward to watching SHAKER lay the smack down.

jonz
04-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Good episode today.

BillyBull
04-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Todays show had them in Keremeos and hunting for mulie's ... seems like a life time ago when I used hang there with the my grandfather in the 60's and 70's in Cawston. Nice to see the view from the high top mountains... would have expected a little bigger 4pt than what they did get but still a nice buck.

SHAKER
04-01-2012, 09:40 AM
We worked our butts off and that was honestly the best buck we could find for them. The rack size was not the biggest to roam B.C. but they had a blast and enjoyed every minute of it. Hunts should'nt be measured in inches but by the times spent with good friends.

BCHunterTV
04-01-2012, 09:41 AM
We worked our butts off and that was honestly the best buck we could find for them. The rack size was not the biggest to roam B.C. but they had a blast and enjoyed every minute of it. Hunts should'nt be measured in inches but by the times spent with good friends.

i agree Shaker

OutWest
04-01-2012, 09:55 AM

Awesome stuff, Derek. I love that area and it looked like you showed the guys a great time!

r106
04-01-2012, 10:11 AM

Are you the father or son? HBC is getting a few new Celebrities :mrgreen:

Great job. That was an awesome show. Is it just me or are BC hunts a lot more entertaining to watch. Just those 2 shows you see Goats, thinhorn sheep, Grizz, mule deer and Cali's. and the beautiful scenery. you don't see that anywhere else.

I like the shout out to BCWF the WSSBC.
and the Rocky Mountain comment at the end. LOL

huntwriter
04-01-2012, 10:36 AM

Very well said. I enjoyed watching the show, I also happen to know that the Beasley brothers enjoyed the hunt and experience with you and your father.

pnbrock
04-01-2012, 10:38 AM
for some reason i thought you were houndsman,good episode look foreward to more bc hunts.

Brambles
04-01-2012, 10:39 AM
My PVR hasn't recorded it yet, wonder why wildtv hasn't show that episode yet? You guys must have watched it on Global??

huntwriter
04-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Great job. That was an awesome show. Is it just me or are BC hunts a lot more entertaining to watch. Just those 2 shows you see Goats, thinhorn sheep, Grizz, mule deer and Cali's. and the beautiful scenery. you don't see that anywhere else.

Because nowhere else in North America can you see and hunt so many different game species, and in good numbers, as here in BC. Not so long ago I talked to an American hunter who was looking for a BC hunt on the Internet. His words; "Holy cow every outfitter offers between five to ten different game species to hunt, you guys up there are so lucky to have so many different animals to hunt." I couldn't agree more. :)

bassplayer
04-01-2012, 10:44 AM
I watched it this morning. It's the same channel that GlobalBC news is on. Channel 252 Telus satellite here in Penticton.

MOUNTAIN MAN - TOYOTA/ATV
04-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Thanks for letting me know. I not see that TV show before. I will watch it.

SHAKER
04-01-2012, 10:57 AM
for some reason i thought you were houndsman,good episode look foreward to more bc hunts.

Ex-hound dogger....... With low cat #'s in our area and a serious $$$ crunch I had to give it up. At least my new business is work'n out and I WILL be run'n dogs again. That sort of stuff never leaves you, especially if you have your hounds Tattoo'd on your arm. LOL

coach
04-01-2012, 11:03 AM
I misse it - but would really like to see it. Anyone know when it's going to be on again?

upcomer
04-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Love watching the Canadian hunting shows. They actually hunt. I'm pretty sick of every other wild tv show with farmed mutant deer. Thats not hunting in my books. I'd prefer to see an actual hunt and have the guys bag a spiker any day over a bunch of rednecks in a tree stand looking for their 35 point farmed white tail.......

Brambles
04-01-2012, 11:52 AM
I misse it - but would really like to see it. Anyone know when it's going to be on again?

looks like wildtv has it on monday at 5am

cameron0518
04-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Not sure if i would televise my hunting grounds

OutWest
04-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Not sure if i would televise my hunting grounds

That area is no secret.

358mag
04-01-2012, 01:57 PM
That area is no secret.
Kind of like the rest of Region 8http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/images/smilies/new/ar15.gif

OutWest
04-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Kind of like the rest of Region 8http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/images/smilies/new/ar15.gif

You can say that again.

Stone Sheep Steve
04-01-2012, 04:15 PM

Absolutely! Was a tough yr for most around Reg 8. Getting a 4pt for the camera is no easy task.

BTW-Loved the up-close-and-personal sheep footage!8)

My PVR hasn't recorded it yet, wonder why wildtv hasn't show that episode yet? You guys must have watched it on Global??

This episode won't air until the Easter Monday on Wild TV(and the rest of the week). They lag behind Global by 8 days.

SSS

Fisher-Dude
04-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Great job Ken and Derek on showing the boys a good hunt. An enjoyable show for sure!

358mag
04-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Great job Ken and Derek on showing the boys a good hunt. An enjoyable show for sure!
Sure hope at the next allocation meeting that Ken doesn't start on about the GO taking all the game now that he has put the shoe on the other foot taking out non resident hunters
Was a great show never the less great country over there just to bad the trophy class Mule deer hunting has gone down the tube in the high country ,nice to see them park there quads and get out and do some hiking not like a lot of other so call hunters that cant read the regulations on road closed areas.

Getbent
04-02-2012, 08:11 AM
Are you ever happy 358?

tracker
04-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Are you ever happy 358?

It takes a few rum and coke's.

358mag
04-02-2012, 04:39 PM
It takes a few rum and coke's.
And don't forget about the Hookers + Blow and if you can throw in a ever elusive LEH Mule Doe tag that will also bring a smile to my face http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/images/smilies/new/rockOn.gif

Big Mac
04-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Great job Ken and Derick goy it on the PVR and will watch it again and the country looks awesome

troutseeker
04-02-2012, 08:41 PM
I watched it tonight on the PVR. Pretty good show. Man I wish deer just stood there when I miss! What am I saying, I never miss... Lol

cameron0518
04-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Hopefully more guys will leave my area and go for the famous spots!!! BTW, love the CITR crew. Seem like real down to earth guys.
That area is no secret.

BillyBull
04-02-2012, 11:00 PM

Hi Shaker, I thought the work you guys put in was great... and seeing the boys work to get up the ridges and the huffing and puffing to race to get to that shot just before dark was what hunting is all about.... looks like you and the boys had a great time and new bonds of friendship were made. As I mentioned in my post, I used to wander those valleys and mountains long ago in the late 60's when Cathedral park was unknown rodeo was a blast and the hunting with an old open sites was all we had. Thanks for putting the area on the map and show it to the hunting community.

aggiehunter
04-03-2012, 09:55 AM
.358 might not be happy...but he's right! Used to be good up there....

OutWest
04-03-2012, 10:30 AM
.358 might not be happy...but he's right! Used to be good up there....

Used to be good?

Oh right, maybe all the kids shot them off during Youth Season.

anglo-saxon
04-03-2012, 10:51 AM
I had high hopes for that show when it first came out, but have been increasingly dissappointed over time. Each to his own, but it is just way too "scripted" for my tastes. When those two brothers start yapping together, it's like watching Barney! That and the endless product enbdorsments all the time. Yuck. Not for me!

aggiehunter
04-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Nickroth..kids have done well in those alpine areas during the youth only season....spent most of my life hunting it so can actually give you the co-ordinates for where that deer was shot.....once I get a gps....hey we're all probably guides at one time....snicker.

huntcoop
04-03-2012, 03:50 PM
I had high hopes for that show when it first came out, but have been increasingly dissappointed over time. Each to his own, but it is just way too "scripted" for my tastes. When those two brothers start yapping together, it's like watching Barney! That and the endless product enbdorsments all the time. Yuck. Not for me!

I certainly am anticipating your show to come out..... I can only assume that your magnificently produced show will have minimal commercials 'cause you can do it all yourself. Be sure to let us know what channel it will be on... :roll:

anglo-saxon
04-03-2012, 05:02 PM
I certainly am anticipating your show to come out..... I can only assume that your magnificently produced show will have minimal commercials 'cause you can do it all yourself. Be sure to let us know what channel it will be on... :roll:

What, we're not allowed to express an opinion on here now without incurring childishness from others? Don't be ridiculous.

aggiehunter
04-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Anglo...maybe it twernt Amurican enough for Coop....

huntcoop
04-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Our sport is slowly disappearing, we need to promote, be proud and support all the hunting shows not rip them apart.

huntwriter
04-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Our sport is slowly disappearing, we need to promote, be proud and support all the hunting shows not rip them apart.

So it is!
A good way to promote our sport to regular folks, among other things, is having hunting shows like Canada in the Rough and the Canadian Tradition airing on regular TV channels like Global. I've talked to quite a few folks that are not hunters yet they enjoy watching these two shows and what they portray about hunting and conservation.

OutWest
04-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Nickroth..kids have done well in those alpine areas during the youth only season....spent most of my life hunting it so can actually give you the co-ordinates for where that deer was shot.....once I get a gps....hey we're all probably guides at one time....snicker.

I know kids have done will in those spots, I was one of them. Used to hunt the Youth Season and make trips there regularly. The big boys ain't hanging out where access is as easy as what got shown.

Glad I got to hunt it before you were successful in keeping the kids out, aggs :)

aggiehunter
04-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Nickroth, not sure what reg's your reading but theres still a youth hunt up there...if you get up early enough and get up into the sub alpine just before dark...hike up the road closure with a kid he's gonna have a good crack at a mulie buck...then she's almost all downhill to the rig, early season (bowonly) is the best as you don't have the crowds like in the late season. The newbies just ain't learnin about what to and what not to say...or film. As far as hunting shows helping...well....I doubt that....another "aggieism"...

Stone Sheep Steve
04-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Nickroth, not sure what reg's your reading but theres still a youth hunt up there...if you get up early enough and get up into the sub alpine just before dark...hike up the road closure with a kid he's gonna have a good crack at a mulie buck...then she's almost all downhill to the rig, early season (bowonly) is the best as you don't have the crowds like in the late season. The newbies just ain't learnin about what to and what not to say...or film. As far as hunting shows helping...well....I doubt that....another "aggieism"...

Even by deer opener there have been lots of sheep hunters(and their helpers) doing the same thing.

SSS

OutWest
04-05-2012, 09:37 AM

I know there's still a youth hunt up there, aggs. I was just stirring the pot.

I haven't hunted FT since '09 but always had good success in there. Some real dandies up there and there always will be. Not many guys enjoy throwing the pack on and going for it. You're right about the early season, love seeing those bachelor groups up in the sub alpine.

SHAKER
04-05-2012, 03:52 PM
LOL... this is becoming funny. Who cares if someone recoginizes the spot.... If they were really interested in a big buck then we would have hunted in the thick timber else where.... then it turns into another whitetail type hunt and I think we're all sick of those. Bottom line your not probably not going to kill a brute up there, the guide dont' hunt it, most of the locals don't hunt it and you DO have to get off your butt and hike so that takes a good percentage out of the equation right there. Glad some of you guys enjoyed it! For us this was a (hopefully not) once in a lifetime experience to hunt with these guys and have unbelievable respect for them....
The next morning when we went out we seen a buck that was very similar to the one Kevin harvested and Paul turned it down. I asked him why he answered "I'm not here to shoot every deer on your mountains, we've had an awsome time and lets leave it at that!" I couldnt' argue that one bit.

04-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Ok so now we got that out of our system,,,,, What happened to Tomas P(cant spell this part)n

SHAKER
04-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Ok so now we got that out of our system,,,,, What happened to Tomas P(cant spell this part)n

Moved on to other projects... not hunting related though.

blackbart
04-05-2012, 10:10 PM
I enjoyed the show. Good to see a show that highlights walking and not sitting in a pickup or tree stand. Thanks for that.

BB

BTW:
BC has an abundance of country that doesn't see many hunters due to it being over 500 metres from a road. Go find some and you will most likely enjoy it.

Blainer
04-06-2012, 07:23 AM
Good on ya Shaker,and good on your dad
I enjoyed the show!

dino
04-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Ive been out of town Is their any way of down loading some of these shows or am I to late?

coach
04-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Great show, Shaker! Beautiful country, some great sheep video and a respectable buck. Looks like you guys made a hell of an effort to get in on it before it was too dark to shoot. I'm a big fan of the new hosts and format of CIR.

I realized this morning that I'd set my pvr to record the whole series and was pleasantly surprised that I had the episode.

thumper1
04-08-2012, 10:01 PM
I just watched the show as well (had it pvr'ed) and thought it was terrific. Anybody, anywhere that watches it will be green with envy over the majestic landscape, the cool wildlife and the freedom we enjoy to access and enjoy it all. Locals should be proud of their area and they way they were portrayed - good on all of you!

Stone Sheep Steve
04-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Part 1 of Mtn marathon is repeating on Global this am in 10 minutes for those who missed it the first time and don't have Wild TV.

SSS

frenchbar
04-22-2012, 07:51 AM
got er on now ..good stuff brent .thanx for the heads up .

BigfishCanada
04-22-2012, 07:58 AM
Thought it was great! Love the Grizz spotting

Casagrande
04-22-2012, 08:05 AM
Good show but the music during the stalk was waaaaay over the top.

MB_Boy
04-29-2012, 07:58 AM
I had seen part 1.......and finally saw part 2 this morning. 8)

Awesome......absolutely great. Great work in front of the camera Greg, your "story" and commentary was a great part of it all.

Beautiful country and great work guys, you're great "TV actors" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Hahahahahahahaha.