PDA

View Full Version : Good weekend

Ride
10-10-2006, 01:38 PM
I went for a wander on Sunday out the Blackwater near PG and man was it busy as ever. There were so many vehicles out that way it was like a highway, but thats regular this time of year i guess. Still i made the effort to get out and walk all day. My morning consisted of finding a nice moose shed about twenty minutes from the truck and then spotting some does moving in the timber. I proceeded to walk a cut line i had been curious about for some time when i jumped a nice little 3x2 muley buck that i let walk and then doe after doe kept showing up. I am thinking that this is a spot that is going to produce for me soon. I kept going for a couple more hours and saw a lot more does and 3 black bears.

Got back to my truck about 1pm and decided to relocate to a different area i like to hunt. Poking along the road i spotted 2 more does and a bunch of chickens, one of which let me shoot it. Not a minute after i shot that chicken did i come around the corner to see a nice 2 point muley on the side of the road at about fifty feet. Shut the truck off and got out and decided to let him walk too. Then i stood there watching him wander around for about twenty minutes hoping that maybe some young hunter or something might come along and get him, but no one ever did.

My evening consisted of a walk and sit in a large cut block i know when two fellas on a quad showed up talking loudly over the exhaust and proceeded to drive ever little road in the cut, while smoking, effectively ending my evening after they drove right past me at about fifty feet not seeing me sitting there. All in all it was a pretty good day and i probably put on 15kms of walking. Felt good afterwards too, especially about passing on those bucks, still lots of time left. I also saw a huge cow moose on the way out too, right on the blackwater main, making for a very complete day.

Slayer666
10-10-2006, 02:09 PM
I was out on the Blackwater as well on Saturday. You are right about the gong show. Saw about 10 does, 1 small black bear, cow & calf and 2 bucks. I decided to take the best of the 2 bucks as they were standing side by side. A nice fat 4x3. Unfortunately the front shoulder was sacrificed. I had the 300 mag with me and was shooting 200 grain TBBC as I was primarily going for elk and moose. You should have seen this thing drop!

PGKris
10-10-2006, 02:11 PM
How far down were you guys? PM if you want