PDA

View Full Version : where to blast

kits duck
10-10-2006, 11:44 AM
my girlfreind made move to kitsalno.could you tell me a good place to go duck hunting close buy. is there some blinds set up.

lapadat
10-10-2006, 12:04 PM
Stanley Park is close by isn't it? You could grab a Venti Espresso on the way :)

kits duck
10-10-2006, 12:37 PM
your one of those guy eh! hows hunting alone making out.

MB_Boy
10-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Kits.....a few other guys may be able to give you some ideas, but I think you are going to have to look at out towards Ladner or heading out towards Pitt Marsh.

wetcoaster
10-10-2006, 12:55 PM
Go for a walk with the GF along the dykes and shorelines in ladner and start checking things out. You won't find any shooting in the kits area without a one way ticket to the clink. Read the regs about shooting restrictions in the region. It's getting pretty limited in the lower mainland.

hoochie
10-10-2006, 03:05 PM
Richmond/ delta.. something like that.. there are reports of farmers allowing people to hunt due to the birds destroying crops etc, and if you make your way out the Abbotsford area there are lots of places here that we bird hunt. North and south farmers fields in Abbotsford area or you can cross the mission bridge and head over there for a few birds too.
Just look for big puddles and in the ditches by the Vedder river ( on the way to Cultus lake).
There are loads of birds in the Valley.
Usually just talk to a farmer and ask if you can set up in the field(s).. they have told me " Well, if you get some... it will cost you a bird or two to use my fields"... its a fair trade if you ask me.
Just be sure to pick up your shells when you shoot.. its a big piss off to people when you leave "empties" on their land.
cheers,

kits duck
10-10-2006, 03:16 PM
nice boys..just finished looking it up on the map.tomorrow i'm heading out.i'll keep ya posted. thanx