PDA

View Full Version : Joined the dark side, or the light side! im not sure yet....

Livewire322
01-20-2012, 10:40 PM
I bought a PSE stinger full package right now its set to 45 lbs im going to get it set to 50 pounds later in the year.

TheProvider
01-20-2012, 10:41 PM
no matter if you see it as the darkside or light side all in all its the better side... congrats its hard to beat bowhunting very addictive

coach
01-20-2012, 10:43 PM
Welcome to the darkside, livewire. Practice up, it's gonna get addicting!

Riverbc
01-21-2012, 09:48 AM
yes...practice up, and see if there are any 3d shoots in your area. They are lots of fun...the peeps are friendly, and it's a great way to meet new and knowledgeable friends.

Bow Walker
01-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Join the Burnaby Archers and take in a couple of their Flat Field 3D shoots. Great fun. Oh yeah, you don't have to be a member to participate in the shoots - just to be able to use any of the large target butts that are there.

Welcome to the fastest growing addiction.....

Livewire322
01-21-2012, 01:51 PM
I wa thinking of getting a member ship for the burnaby club... But could I just go up there with a stake and attach a target to it?

Bow Walker
01-21-2012, 05:14 PM
It's a private field - but you might get away with it for a few times. It'd be OK if you were a member.

Livewire322
01-21-2012, 09:04 PM
oh ok i see i thought maybe it was burnabys field but the leased it out or something.... not like it would make a difference though now that i think of it! :P

Bowzone_Mikey
01-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Welcome .... its a cheaper addiction than Heroine .... but not by much ;)

Join a club ....have some fun ... take in some 3Ds and even paper I am discovering is kinda fun some days .... I love Poker rounds or Darts

bowhunterbruce
01-22-2012, 11:49 AM
welcome aboard .although ya might not be feeling the addiction yet,wait until you get in close and personal to your pray,your gonna feel like a ball of nerves when the adrenilen kicks into overdrive.man what an incredible rush
bhb

Blk Arrow
01-22-2012, 03:51 PM
It's a private field - but you might get away with it for a few times. It'd be OK if you were a member.
My memory may be fading but I believe 1 target butt used to be unlocked for public use. I do not know if that is still the case. Having said that I would recommend joining a club. It is a great way to meet new people, and experienced archers.

bugler
01-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Bowhunting is the only way for me, you are in for a good time. Don't be discouraged if at first you don't succeed. When that shot finally presents itself, it is definitely worth the wait!!!

91Jason91
01-22-2012, 04:51 PM
I have the same bow for my starter bow

Livewire322
01-22-2012, 07:59 PM
My memory may be fading but I believe 1 target butt used to be unlocked for public use. I do not know if that is still the case. Having said that I would recommend joining a club. It is a great way to meet new people, and experienced archers.

Your memory serves you well! there is a target but for public use but you need to retrieve the key for it from some guy in the sports arena... ill just go to boormans and get a membership sometime during the week.

Salmon Belly
01-27-2012, 04:51 PM
I just spent an hour in Boorman's this afternoon talking to Ron about my first bow. Class act that guy. He said the Burnaby 3D is the way to go, and they're great with new comers. Let the addiction begin!! Ron has a schedule of the archery events in Ridgedale, Abbotsford, Burnaby, Mission, Semiahmoo, and Po-Co. If I was handier I'd scan it. PM if you want dates, etc. Or better yet go see Ron.

Riverbc
01-27-2012, 07:38 PM
Ron has a schedule of the archery events in Ridgedale, Abbotsford, Burnaby, Mission, Semiahmoo, and Po-Co. If I was handier I'd scan it. PM if you want dates, etc. Or better yet go see Ron.
All the dates are here. ----> http://www.angelfire.com/bc/canuck2/3D2012.html