PDA

View Full Version : It's all over but the storytelling.

shotgunjohn
01-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Well another duck season has come and gone. We had some good hunts and we had some not so good hunts. But we had fun all along and got to be outdoors with good friends two legged and four.

Managed to sneak off after chores and get a solo hunt in on the last day. The late start didn't seem to hurt too much as there was a big high tide at noon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/TRV58/P1190080.jpg

How do you explain to your dog that the season is over?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/TRV58/P1190072.jpg

Training dummies just aren't as much fun as the real thing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/TRV58/P1190077.jpg

Well my first new shotgun in 30 something years lived up to it's billing. And there is still spring goose season. I was just looking at some of these fully flocked goose decoys. Maybe?

lorneparker1
01-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Nice way to end it john!! I have 3.5 dozen fully flocked full bodies. If you got some birds come feb, Maybe i can bring em down for you to take a peak? :D

91Jason91
01-20-2012, 06:44 PM
nice job and great looking dog

Tyee
01-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Your Lab is like looking at my boy, how old ? Mine born Sept 7 2008. Nice day here in Renfrew for the last day shot up. Looking forward to the Goose Hunt. Ours ended today for geese. I will try and figure this picture thing out and post a picture of the boy.

TheProvider
01-20-2012, 07:04 PM
great second pic

BiG Boar
01-20-2012, 08:09 PM
What is the auto, and how do you like it?

Foxton Gundogs
01-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Good way to go out.

lorneparker1
01-20-2012, 08:27 PM
What is the auto, and how do you like it?

looks like an 1187. Friends dont let friends shoot automatics!

aliagha
01-21-2012, 12:38 AM
looks like an 1187. Friends dont let friends shoot automatics!

looks like a Beretta to me. Xplor??

aliagha
01-21-2012, 12:41 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/TRV58/P1190072.jpg

What a beautiful retrieve! Love it! if you don't mind, I am going to make this my Desktop background.

fowlweather
01-21-2012, 12:48 AM
looks like a Beretta to me. Xplor??

i'll let john have the final word but ya you got it right. i had some fun once with that gun, its beautiful. Way to go John, that spring goose season sounds damn good right now.

shotgunjohn
01-21-2012, 09:10 AM
The gun is a Beretta Unico Xplor. Shoots everything from 31/2 magnum goose loads to reduced recoil trap loads. It didn't cycle once all season when I haden't shot it in a while then shot a reduced recoil load. After that first shot it worked perfectly again. It's been baptized in Cowichan Bay and several other swamps and keeps working fine. So far the finish is still perfect as well. Really love the green finish on the receiver.
Go ahead and use the picture Aliagha I don't post pictures then claim no one can reuse them:)
Rayne has just turned 9. Almost time to start looking for a new pup. That springer pup of Foxton Gundogs looks great and I used to love pheasant hunting over a springer but then I haven't seen a wild pheasant around here in years. Then I remember how (high energy) springers can be so I think I'll pass. Marc's Chesapeake is an impressive dog but I'm getting to old to be a bowling pin so I think I'll pass there too. Better just stick to Labs. I love how easy they are to train and how they enjoy duck hunting just as much as I do.
Lorne I'll send you a p.m.

Foxton Gundogs
01-21-2012, 09:18 AM
The gun is a Beretta Unico Xplor. Shoots everything from 31/2 magnum goose loads to reduced recoil trap loads. It didn't cycle once all season when I haden't shot it in a while then shot a reduced recoil load. After that first shot it worked perfectly again. It's been baptized in Cowichan Bay and several other swamps and keeps working fine. So far the finish is still perfect as well. Really love the green finish on the receiver.
Go ahead and use the picture Aliagha I don't post pictures then claim no one can reuse them:)
Rayne has just turned 9. Almost time to start looking for a new pup. That springer pup of Foxton Gundogs looks great and I used to love pheasant hunting over a springer but then I haven't seen a wild pheasant around here in years. Then I remember how (high energy) springers can be so I think I'll pass. Marc's Chesapeake is an impressive dog but I'm getting to old to be a bowling pin so I think I'll pass there too. Better just stick to Labs. I love how easy they are to train and how they enjoy duck hunting just as much as I do.
Lorne I'll send you a p.m.
U r right SJ Springers can be a bit of a pain in the blind, depends on the disposition and training(lots of training lol) My old male was a dream to waterfowl with after he turned 5 bot Tip( the adult in my latest pix maybe not so much, shes wired would male an xcelent trial dog) I do have a litter pf Goldens planed for the summer (grand pups to my Keela dog) that you should look at tho hint hint plug plug lol

shotgunjohn
01-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Lol. I didn't mention goldens and have hunted over at least one good one in the past, but i spent 10 minutes combing burrs off my lab yesterday and it would have been half an hour with a golden. I also live on a farm and its bad enough when a short haired dog decides to roll in something that smells wonderful to him.

Foxton Gundogs
01-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Lol. I didn't mention goldens and have hunted over at least one good one in the past, but i spent 10 minutes combing burrs off my lab yesterday and it would have been half an hour with a golden. I also live on a farm and its bad enough when a short haired dog decides to roll in something that smells wonderful to him.

Seriously SJ try Pam cooking spray and an old dinner fork works great and fast