PDA

View Full Version : New species?

Tanya
01-20-2012, 02:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/TRV58/Eaglethatputthepowerout.jpg

Any recipes?

goatdancer
01-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Better let the COs know or bad things could happen.

huntcoop
01-20-2012, 02:41 PM
...Any recipes?

Smoked salmon with a side of dried cedar bows and copious beers :mrgreen: ?

vortex hunter
01-20-2012, 02:44 PM
Awww poor thing....

shadow1982
01-20-2012, 02:45 PM
what do you guys think cold weather got to it?

TheProvider
01-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Would make for and amazing wall piece... but unfortunately let the CO's know

Tikka270
01-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Did the cat leave it at your front door?

The Dawg
01-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Cant wait to see CS's response..lol

sarg
01-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Wall mount:)

muleychaser
01-20-2012, 03:03 PM
X3 on letting the co's know, if they aren't trying to find you already.

Chessieguy
01-20-2012, 03:05 PM
I have seen them mounted and they are very impressive... It will require some waiting and a little paperwork, but may be worth the wait.

Call the CO's they will give the process.

fowlweather
01-20-2012, 03:08 PM
hey tanya if you dont want it we'll take it and mount it, i am serious too

01-20-2012, 03:09 PM
Looks like its got nice drum sticks!

Wild one
01-20-2012, 03:12 PM
I have seen them mounted and they are very impressive... It will require some waiting and a little paperwork, but may be worth the wait.

Call the CO's they will give the process.

Can't get permits for bald eagles anymore unless you are Native

RJ
01-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Maybe play a little rugby? Just about the right shape

bigslim
01-20-2012, 03:13 PM
First a ceremonial beer and a pull off the peace pipe, then let's see if in a vision quest we can determine it's rightfull place.

Or call the CO's first, and then proceed with plan A

carnivore
01-20-2012, 03:15 PM
The photo is representative of the U.S. economy.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

moosinaround
01-20-2012, 03:20 PM
The photo is reresentative of the U.S. economy.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

DOH!!!!!!:shock:

Trophyslayer
01-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Sell it on the black market lol.... J/k i would report it

Tanya
01-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Wow! Lots of responses! No gourmet recipes though.

The eagle is in the hands of the local Conservation Officer. I was quading on Monday afternoon and saw a brown form under the light snow that I initially thought to be a small fawn. The corpse was directly beneath the power lines. I phoned the C.O. as soon as I found it in it's frozen state and took to him Tuesday. I knew that we (non First Nations) couldn't keep it. This eagle was responsible for a couple of gentlemen that work for BC Hydro spending all afternoon and early evening of January 1st of this new year changing a blown transformer in one of our lower fields. The C.O. confirmed my suspicions that it had indeed fried itself. In doing so, it put out the power to our pump house and therefore the water to the farm and all our houses.

lorneparker1
01-20-2012, 03:58 PM
was he decoying/flying or swatted?

Tanya
01-20-2012, 03:58 PM
The photo is reresentative of the U.S. economy.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Very witty, great comment!!!

Brambles
01-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Wow! Lots of responses! No gourmet recipes though.

The eagle is in the hands of the local Conservation Officer. I was quading on Monday afternoon and saw a brown form under the light snow that I initially thought to be a small fawn. The corpse was directly beneath the power lines. I phoned the C.O. as soon as I found it in it's frozen state and took to him Tuesday. I knew that we (non First Nations) couldn't keep it. This eagle was responsible for a couple of gentlemen that work for BC Hydro spending all afternoon and early evening of January 1st of this new year changing a blown transformer in one of our lower fields. The C.O. confirmed my suspicions that it had indeed fried itself. In doing so, it put out the power to our pump house and therefore the water to the farm and all our houses.

Well then, no recipies needed as it is already cooked.

Foxton Gundogs
01-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Any Bling lol

porcupine
01-20-2012, 11:30 PM
Cook it the same way you cook a Spotted Owl. Tastes great. I found one once and called a local taxidermist, who called the COs, and he got to keep it.

huntcoop
01-21-2012, 01:06 PM
...I knew that we (non First Nations) couldn't keep it...

Anybody know why us white folk can't keep them with proper permits etc....? Is it me or does that seem racial and just plain wrong.

Peter Pepper
01-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Anybody know why us white folk can't keep them with proper permits etc....?

Simply put you are a second class citizen, with less rights than others. Now get to the back of the bus!

As for a recipie I suggest you brine it overnight in a plastic tote. Then boil it outside on your bbq for a least 3 hours in a cast iron pot. Then though out the brine, pot and bird. Proceed to bbq bits of the plastic tote. It will taste better.

Tanya
01-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Simply put you are a second class citizen, with less rights than others. Now get to the back of the bus!

As for a recipie I suggest you brine it overnight in a plastic tote. Then boil it outside on your bbq for a least 3 hours in a cast iron pot. Then though out the brine, pot and bird. Proceed to bbq bits of the plastic tote. It will taste better.

Finally a decent recipe LOL!!

The Hermit
01-21-2012, 01:57 PM
The photo is representative of the U.S. economy.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

LOL! Now that is funny!

CanuckShooter
01-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Anybody know why us white folk can't keep them with proper permits etc....? Is it me or does that seem racial and just plain wrong.

is there any evidence this is a fact? I am aware FN can have them without the need for a permit, is there any logical reason that govt officials wouldn't give you a permit? Perhaps they need the money raised by selling an eagle carcass to fund conservation or enforcement projects?

huntcoop
01-21-2012, 02:21 PM
...I am aware FN can have them without the need for a permit, is there any logical reason that govt officials wouldn't give you a permit? Perhaps they need the money raised by selling an eagle carcass to fund conservation or enforcement projects?

Do you know why the Indians can have them without a permit? Do they have to pay for them so that the money can go to conservation or enforcement projects?

russm
01-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Well its already fried,go to your local KFC and grab some gravy and fries and you're good to go.

CanuckShooter
01-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Do you know why the Indians can have them without a permit? Do they have to pay for them so that the money can go to conservation or enforcement projects?

Yes, they can have them because having them is a part of native history and culture and them having them is protected by the Canadian constitution. Somewhere along the line whitey (your terminology) dominated government decided that native culture needed protection from anti native forces. It was no longer legal for different levels of government to pass laws or acts that would make native cultural activities illegal.

Why would our government officials not give you a permit for an eagle carcass? Do you know, or is the only answer you can come up with is our government officials are racist?

CanuckShooter
01-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Well its already fried,go to your local KFC and grab some gravy and fries and you're good to go.

There used to be a camp with lots of Metis guys up north where we hunted moose in august. One of the guys would always bring turkey wings and cook them up in a bbq sauce, he would always offer you some 'eagle' wings when you stopped to visit. One day a fellow stopped to visit at our camp and he asked if we had ever visited that native camp down the road and if we had partaken of his 'eagle' wings? He was amazed that they had so many...and how good they tasted...we had a good laugh because he actually thought he was eating eagle wings!

huntcoop
01-21-2012, 02:52 PM
...Why would our government officials not give you a permit for an eagle carcass? Do you know, or is the only answer you can come up with is our government officials are racist?

I am only quoting the above posts made by Wild one and Tanya. I have no clue why us white folk can't keep them with a permit, but if we can't and the Indians can I would see that as being wrong.

pnbrock
01-21-2012, 02:53 PM
i would have left it in the snow,let the natives find there own.

CanuckShooter
01-21-2012, 02:57 PM
I am only quoting the above posts made by Wild one and Tanya. I have no clue why us white folk can't keep them with a permit, but if we can't and the Indians can I would see that as being wrong.

So would I, we have to keep in mind who is putting most of these rules and laws upon us....it's not the FN. And it's likely not the COs either. We should keep that in mind I think.

Farmer
01-22-2012, 09:05 PM
i would have left it in the snow,let the natives find there own.

X2. Birds do die in the wild. Just like every other living thing.
I wouldn't waste the CO's time just to benefit someone else. It would rot or some other wild animal would get to eat it if I found it.