PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Partner Wanted

Nautilus
01-19-2012, 10:37 AM
I am looking for someone to hunt with this fall, and hopefully in the future if the fit is good.

Currently hunt with some friends, but am kind of the 3rd wheel, so although I typically "hunt with them", I actually hunt alone during the day, and just meet up for meals, and evening BS sessions.

A bit about myself. Mid 40's, fit, very active, hiking, backpacking, very well versed in the outdoors. Just re-started hunting in BC after a lengthy layoff, have been successful deer hunting the last couple of years.

Am looking for someone interested in elk and sheep hunting. Very flexible on location. Preference is someone interested in ultimately backpack hunting up north, but would probably prefer some regular hunting first to get to know you. Also looking to start bowhunting next year, so keeping that option open.

Like to hunt hard, have a drink or two at the end of the day. Looking for guys who like to work hard, hunt hard, must have a positive attitude.

300H&H
01-19-2012, 10:40 AM
You never said where in BC you are located.

pnbrock
01-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Thinking the same where u located?

Devilbear
01-19-2012, 01:56 PM
I posted much the same here a couple weeks ago and received a couple of responses, I will be contacting these guys this week, again, concerning this. It occues to me that perhaps the wise and wiley admins. and mods of HBC, might consider creating a specific section for use by those who would like to find hunting partners as one can sift out who is and is not whom you are looking for by reading the posts therein.

I, for example, want to backpack hunt, some flyin and some drop camps by certain outfitters and am more interested in older hunters as I am one and I will not hunt with anyone who brings any liquor at all, others like a drink and so we could all benefit from a "clearing house" for hunting pards here on HBC. Just a thought.

Wrayzer
01-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Time for an HBC singles subform!
The E-Harmony of hunting sites....

In all seriousness, x2 on where your located or willing to travel for hunts.

Brett
01-19-2012, 05:16 PM
its a good idea! we have one for jobs/work this is as or more important than that!!:) and we quite often have people looking to share hunts with people last minute as well.....

bozzdrywall
01-19-2012, 05:25 PM
I think you guys are on to something. I would like to see that. O and what area are you in?

Barracuda
01-19-2012, 05:28 PM
i think thats a good idea

fearnodeer
01-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Time for an HBC singles subform!
The E-Harmony of hunting sites....

In all seriousness, x2 on where your located or willing to travel for hunts.

Is this now a dating site WTF, LOL

Jelvis
01-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Nauti .. Male or female?

Allen50
01-19-2012, 07:04 PM
well finding a hunting partner is like looking for a wife,,you have to work together, be able to get along no fighting, and be able to want to hunt in the same areas and work things out, can you cook, do you drink, do you smoke, do you know how to find your way back to camp if i leave you here, you know what to do if you shoot something,, what if you have to stay out over night,, and many more things to think about when looking for a partner, weather its a huntering partner, or a wife,, many things on a list, to make it all work,, and no one on here has said where they live,, so how do we know if were close enough to talk to and meet to see if your worth hunting with,, i also hunt alone lots, and i have my owne cooler, for hanging and cuttung game,, looking for new partners it tough,, 7 months to bow season,, oh yea do you bow hunt or just gun hunt,,, hummmm things to think about,,, good luck to all...

Wrayzer
01-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Is this now a dating site WTF, LOL

Posts will have some real background info; non-smoking, swm, looking for a good time in the bush, enjoy long walks, firelit diners, frothy beverages under the pale moonlight, non-stalker unless you are a four legged ungulate.

Jelvis
01-19-2012, 07:23 PM
What about sleeping bags, tents etc?

huntwriter
01-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Currently hunt with some friends, but am kind of the 3rd wheel, so although I typically "hunt with them", I actually hunt alone during the day, and just meet up for meals, and evening BS sessions.

Alone that is how I hunt, even when in the camp with friends. The only exception to that rule is when I take a new hunter along, but then it is more about learning how to hunt without really hunting.

ROEBUCK
01-19-2012, 07:29 PM
What about sleeping bags, tents etc?

crappytire sells a nice double sleeping bag !

Farmer001
01-20-2012, 05:32 PM
LMAO, thanks needed the laff, but on the serious side usually hunt alone just because you are able to do what you want when you want. Admit it is ideal to at least have a partner that at least knows where you are in case things go wrong or need some help. Maybe a section on this may be of some use to at least find someone that may be in the same location that you would be hunting. "For brief encounters" Man so many things about this post are so wrong LOL

bozzdrywall
01-20-2012, 06:04 PM
There is a new sticky in open chat for people looking for hunting partners.

olharley guy
01-20-2012, 06:37 PM
I am looking for someone to hunt with this fall, and hopefully in the future if the fit is good.

A bit about myself. Mid 40's, fit, very active, hiking, backpacking, very well versed in the outdoors. Just re-started hunting in BC after a lengthy layoff, have been successful deer hunting the last couple of years.

Am looking for someone interested in elk and sheep hunting. Very flexible on location. Preference is someone interested in ultimately backpack hunting up north, but would probably prefer some regular hunting first to get to know you. Also looking to start bowhunting next year, so keeping that option open.

Like to hunt hard, have a drink or two at the end of the day. Looking for guys who like to work hard, hunt hard, must have a positive attitude.

Howdy, A person has probably been lurking on this site for a while and makes a post about finding other people to hunt with and sure gets a lot of strange responses.

Depending on where they live I think it would be hard to find someone good to hunt with.

You all know that anywhere south of Hope bringing up the subject of hunting in most places will get you nothing but the evil eye and maybe even spray painted as if you were wearing a fur coat, except among people who know you.

How often do you hide your guns when you are going to your vehicle so a nosey neighbour doesn't call the Swat Team and you get your face planted in the street. Especially lower mainland-Van.,Surrey etc.

A lot of you don't hunt alone and if your regular partners quit hunting or whatever - how would you go about finding some new hunting buddies in your area? Neighbourhood pub? - No!

Try a hunting website and hopefully you don't get ridiculed to death. Just saying/IMHO give a person the benefit of the doubt before the mildly rude jokes!

Later

91Jason91
01-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Post some pictures up from your last couple of bucks lol I wanna see them

Jelvis
01-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Have you got any big game animules in Beautiful British Columbia and where (MU) when (gos?)and how? Bow or Bullet
Jelly Do-Nut

Steeleco
01-20-2012, 09:54 PM
I'm going to close this thread and direct anyone in the need to the new thread that has been stickied.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?77457-Hunting-partners-classifieds

Good luck!