PDA

View Full Version : RCMP Poll

BangFlop
01-18-2012, 12:42 PM
There has been a fair amount of RCMP talk on the forums lately and it seems when it comes to the RCMP on this website people are generally taking one of two stances: it seems that they either both support them and back them whenever they get the opportunity or they bash them whenever the opportunity arises. This makes me curious as to how people really feel about the RCMP so I have created three different options in this poll: Believe in and support the RCMP, do not believe in but support the RCMP or do not believe in nor support the RCMP. Hopefully these options can cover your general feelings towards the RCMP.

BangFlop
01-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Oops poll should read: Feelings on the RCMP, not Feels on the RCMP LOL

coach
01-18-2012, 12:50 PM
How do I vote if I support the RCMP in the majority of instances, but do not support individual members who cross the line and participate in illegal activities or abuse the privilege of being an RCMP member? I think your poll needs re-working. It's difficult to figure out what you are asking.

cloverphil
01-18-2012, 12:56 PM
How do I vote if I support the RCMP in the majority of instances, but do not support individual members who cross the line and participate in illegal activities or abuse the privilege of being an RCMP member? I think your poll needs re-working. It's difficult to figure out what you are asking.
x2
I cannot vote these 3 options only

pg83
01-18-2012, 12:59 PM

x2

The truth about the RCMP lies in the middle ground as most things tend to do. There are some bad apples, but they are on every tree. I fully support the RCMP as life would be a lot worse without them, but I feel that there should be outside investigations and decisions regarding officer conduct in certain instances(excessive forces used, DUI's....).

Ddog
01-18-2012, 12:59 PM
i agree,,need more options for this poll,

JAFA
01-18-2012, 01:01 PM

x3 I don't think you have encapsulated all the options, needs reworking before I would commit with a vote.

r106
01-18-2012, 01:05 PM
I agree with the above. I voted that I believe and support the RCMP. But they need to weed out the bad apples that are giving them a bad name. They have a lot of work to do to fix there issues but I still support them aslong as they are working on fixing them.

Singleshotneeded
01-18-2012, 01:07 PM
I went with #2, don't believe in the RCMP(meaning they have too many unsupervised bullies that may have made okay officers
if they'd been partnered with a solid, honourable veteran for two years' training/evaluation, or perhaps they would've wound up
being rejected)...but as a law abiding loyal citizen of Canada I do support the law and by extension the current flawed upholders
of that law...I hope their new chief makes the changes that are needed so we can trust and respect them like we once did.

MB_Boy
01-18-2012, 01:10 PM
x9.

On a side note.....do we really need another RCMP poll that is just going to derail and go the way of the others? :roll:

A poll on this site about the RCMP is not going to tell you much other than the comments will have members pissing on each other's feet because of their opinions. One could get a pretty good idea by reading a handful of threads from the past 2-3 weeks. :wink:

I gave up on them after getting "hate" PM's out of the blue from a very "well spoken" :-? member....or "ex" member. :-P:roll:

Too much "fawk the police" and crap like that to see ANY RCMP poll/thread go anywhere with a meaningful/constructive conversation.

vortex hunter
01-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Being a cop is a tuff job and its easy to judge them but but were all people we all make mistakes i support them .......and yeah there is always a few idiots in a crowd ....

r106
01-18-2012, 01:16 PM
IMHO no one exept criminals would vote for the last one

BangFlop
01-18-2012, 01:20 PM
It was difficult to narrow down the options as there is no doubt many varying opinions. I am confident no one supports the RCMP officers that do illegal activities so I didn’t bother including that in the poll.
To me believe in is that you are confident that if a situation arises where you have to deal with RCMP officer/s that you will be treated in a way that is fair and just and that they will carry out their duties as an officer the way that they are expected to in the majority of instances.
Support to me i thought was pretty straight forward, again I am confident no one supports the RCMP officers that do illegal activities so I didn’t bother including that in the poll.

x9.

On a side note.....do we really need another RCMP poll that is just going to derail and go the way of the others? :roll:

A poll on this site about the RCMP is not going to tell you much other than the comments will have members pissing on each other's feet because of their opinions. One could get a pretty good idea by reading a handful of threads from the past 2-3 weeks. :wink:

I gave up on them after getting "hate" PM's out of the blue from a very "well spoken" :-? member....or "ex" member. :-P:roll:

Too much "fawk the police" and crap like that to see ANY RCMP poll/thread go anywhere with a meaningful/constructive conversation.

I appologize I was not aware that there were previous polls on the matter and would not have posted a poll if I was aware of them, any links to them?

As for the hate PM's im not to worried about it I think i have come off pretty neutral as i havent stated where i stand on the issue lol.

BangFlop
01-18-2012, 01:25 PM
IMHO no one exept criminals would vote for the last one

I don’t believe that to be the case, im sure there are (some) people that if they don’t believe in the majority of the individuals they would not support them or what they represent as a whole, though im sure the numbers would be much smaller.

MB_Boy
01-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Sorry BangFlop......I didn't mean "another poll".....it was more of "another thread" which will soon go the route of all the others. :wink: :wink:

BangFlop
01-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Sorry BangFlop......I didn't mean "another poll".....it was more of "another thread" which will soon go the route of all the others. :wink: :wink:

All good I was actually wondering this myself right after i posted it lol

Toyonka
01-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Can #2 be changed to Do not believe in RCMP but support the Law, rules, regulations. It just seems to me that the RCMP themselves do not follow the Law but know the ins and outs well enough to bend the Law just enough to get away with murder, as a matter of speaking.

Gateholio
01-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Is this a RCMP forum or a hunting forum ? Sheesh