PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Heading Out For the Late Season Jackalope hunt??

TheProvider
01-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Scrolling through the regs lastnight I noticed on pg 20 a late season hunt for them

01-17-2012, 09:27 AM
You are mistaken, Page 20 is Transport regs!
If you go chasing Jackalope you are a Poacher!!!!
unless they are Sched "C" ? :)

Darksith
01-17-2012, 08:32 PM
they see me trollin, they hatin...

TheProvider
01-17-2012, 08:39 PM
they grow em' big in georgia ya know ;)

TheProvider
01-17-2012, 08:42 PM
i just wondered how many ppl looked in the regs, far too many hunters out there who need to freshen up on the regs. Kinda scary some questions that pop up on this site specially from ppl who have hunted for years in BC. Saw one fellow lastyear try to buy 4 whitetail tags. He wouldn't beleive the clerk that he wasnt allowed to harvest that many whitetails I even chipped in and advised him that he couldnt. He was pi$$ED

01-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Yep, there is a few dum questions that get asked. Even though "there is no such thing as a dum question" I think though we need to step back a bit. I have a buddy who just got his hunting liscense, He knows nothing really. He might be sitting behind the computer and ask a question, with no intent of acting on it without looking in the regs. Just asking. But when they take it to trying to buy 4 Whitetail tags that is a bit different, that is acting on it.

And in defense of some people the regulations can be pretty Grey sometimes. Like try to find a difinitave answer to weather you can shoot from a boat with an outbord on it, and how it is legal and how it is not.

TheProvider
01-18-2012, 11:22 AM
YEs that is all true, somethings in the regs to a knew hunter may seem like you need a lawyer to understand them. Its nice that most new hunters have a mentor but doing it all by yourself can be challenging,

01-18-2012, 11:47 AM
That friend of mine that is learning, It is quite funny some of the questions he has. But what we as the pros need to remember is we have been doing it for so long, and in some cases our whole life. I was brought up hunting as a 6 year old walking roads with dad. There was no conceivable way i could have been a non hunter! But there is a tonne of us that decided to become hunters at a late age with no one to learn from. That is why this site is here. And that is why there is no dum question.

And hell I have had to email my CO Contact a number of times with Regulation questions that arent properly awnsered in the book!

But my question still isnt answered,,, Are Jackalopes Sched "C"?

Drillbit
01-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Pretty sure they fall under the same category as Unicorns and Saskquatch. Schedule "D":)

TheProvider
01-18-2012, 12:15 PM
I suppose they could fall under schedule "c" if they have the characteristics and attributes of (e) sylvilagus floridanus or (f) oryctolagus cuniculus