PDA

View Full Version : Good kennel in LM or Okanagan??

onpoint
01-16-2012, 07:57 AM
I need to find a good kennel to send my german shorthair to this summer for a week and was hoping someone on here would have a recommendation or two? We're open to leaving him anywhere from the Sea-to-Sky corridor to the LM to the Okanagan. It would also be great if the place offered training and even better if they were experienced with bird dogs (especially very stubborn and very driven pointers!!). Thanks for any referrals.

pnbrock
01-16-2012, 08:06 AM
someday retrievers also does boarding i believe.

Big Lew
01-16-2012, 08:58 AM
Before checking your dog into a kennel, see if you can determine if the kennel has experienced a 'kennel cough' outbreak recently.
Well before putting your dog in a kennel, if you haven't already, get the dog vaccinated for 'kennel cough'. Like flu shots, it's not 100% effective, but will reduce the chances of infection. If your dog does pick up this highly contagious virus, take it to a vet right away so that it can be assessed as to what treatment is best, because if it's left untreated, it could develop into other more long term complications.

Cpl_Punishment
01-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Willchris kennels in Surrey is fantastic! I've used them many times, and I have referred may friends there. As a pup my dog used to go daily. Book as early as you can, especially if you are looking for a space over a long weekend.

http://www.willchriskennels.com/

onpoint
02-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the kennel and health advice. Will look into all of the above.

Alpine Addict
02-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Black Walnut Kennel. On blackburn Road. Been sending our lab there for 13 years when we go on holidays

calvin L
02-04-2012, 03:04 PM
We have used the spotted spa in kelowna for years. Great people and better yet the dog's love it. Phone # 250 7650405