PDA

View Full Version : Saturday

Beard
01-15-2012, 10:42 PM
So headed out Saturday to delta with my buddy to hopefully recreate our Christmas eve hunt of 16. We started early and got set up, but the wind brought the tide in fast and we had to back up. The wind was blowing the ducks around and the rain was going. Ended up being a wet one but a fun day hunting. Came back with 2 nice sized pins and 4 widgeons. I'm looking forward to trying to get out one more time before the season ends. This was my first season now being 24 since I was about 15 so it was fantastic to get back into it. Some great meat and stories that made it a great season. I hope everyone's season's were as successful.

Now for the spring season for Canadians is there any public lands people and direct me towards. I know people are fairly secretive about spots, but if anyone was willing to share id be very appreciative. Ive been mostly hunting off the delta dyke this year but wondering as I haven't seen many during the season where I should be looking.

Cheers

WestCoastTodd
01-16-2012, 11:32 AM
So headed out Saturday to delta with my buddy to hopefully recreate our Christmas eve hunt of 16. We started early and got set up, but the wind brought the tide in fast and we had to back up. The wind was blowing the ducks around and the rain was going. Ended up being a wet one but a fun day hunting. Came back with 2 nice sized pins and 4 widgeons. I'm looking forward to trying to get out one more time before the season ends. This was my first season now being 24 since I was about 15 so it was fantastic to get back into it. Some great meat and stories that made it a great season. I hope everyone's season's were as successful.

Were you at Brunswick? I was out there pass-shooting - no luck for me. Took a shot at a mallard I flushed, but it was so windy I didn't lead it enough.

I've heard that the Pitt Marsh is a nice spot, if you've got a small boat. I did a little scouting there yesterday, and you'd need to do a little ice-breaking, but I did hear some shots fired.

Beard
01-16-2012, 12:21 PM
yea we were at brunswick, it was very windy so our shooting took a some shots to adjust. we had some dekes but they got pushed away by the waves. They came over us pretty good the spot we were in. But ill see if I can head to pitt marsh do some scouting. thanks

heyblast
01-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Just to let you know since your just starting to get back into waterfowl hunting the Pitt Marsh is only open Wed. Sat. and Sun. You could try it Wed. but I think it's a safe bet it will be frozen solid with this weather.

Beard
01-17-2012, 12:34 AM
ok thanks I'll remember that

91Jason91
01-17-2012, 03:31 AM
yep its def a fun sport to get into