PDA

View Full Version : Shooting sticks?

RoscoeP
01-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Or what ever they are called. Anyone here use them? I looked at some today and they were between $50-100 or so dollars. Some were heavy some lighter and most could be adjusted. Any brands better quality or brands to stay away from? Are they any good? Thanks for any input. Cheers Roscoe

Str8shooterbc
01-15-2012, 07:00 PM
We tried them for the first time this year. I forget the make we got. I went after Bog Pod but they didn't have any left so I got a much lighter type. They definitely steady the cross hairs down and my wife used them while sitting in a blind. Although we didn't harvest anything she really likes them and so do I. Anything that make your shooting more accurate is a big plus. I used mine as a cane/walking stick and got double the benefit from them.

Ken

d6dan
01-15-2012, 07:04 PM
I use the bi pod "Primos trigger stick". I like it as it locks where you want it. Light weight and strong..

coach
01-15-2012, 07:10 PM
I use the bi pod "Primos trigger stick". I like it as it locks where you want it. Light weight and strong..

I have the mono-pod version of the same. I wish I'd gone for the bi or tripod version instead as they would be more steady for my daughter (or me) to use. Dan is right - very easy to use, light, and strong.

Moose63
01-15-2012, 07:12 PM
Bought one, but in the heat of the moment never used it.

Str8shooterbc
01-15-2012, 07:33 PM
I went down stairs and dug them out. They are Stoney Point bipod. They make a number of models including monopod and tripod. If I were to buy any again I would get and of the three type with a swivel head.

These "shooting sticks" are more versatile than the Harris bipod because they aren't attached to the gun and so doesn't hang up on brush and they are taller so steadier standing shots are possible. I think they are a really good additive to my accessories.

Had I not tried to get them at the last minute before hunting there would have been more selection and I would have tried out a few more before deciding.

ROEBUCK
01-15-2012, 07:37 PM
I have used shooting sticks for many years .
You have to practice with bi pod sticks ,to get mounting the rifle quietly if you see a shooter.
They work very well.im considering a tri pod next

91Jason91
01-15-2012, 08:05 PM
I love them they work so well

Drillbit
01-15-2012, 08:31 PM
I just use a tree, or fence post, or whatever's handy. I hate packing extra stuff.

Gun Dog
01-15-2012, 10:03 PM
I have shooting sticks for when I'm in a blind. They're three section and were $20 from Cabelas.