PDA

View Full Version : .......STRAIGHT PULL .223 rifle, restricted or not?

pse&remington
01-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Just curious if anyone knows off hand what the canadian firearms classifies this type of rifle?

http://www.lannertactical.com/AR15-Straight-Pull-Side-Charging-Rifle.html

TheProvider
01-15-2012, 05:31 PM
(seizing firearms that were already liscenced. they reclassified them)

phoenix
01-15-2012, 05:37 PM
you wont be getting one of those in canada. if you've seen another thread on here police have recently began seizing firearms that look like assault rifles. I beleive ar15's are illegal in canada
Geez, get it right. AR's are restricted not prohibited so that would be restricted if it is a semiautomatic. I didn't read enough about the gun to figure out if it was single shot or semi.
Kim

Gateholio
01-15-2012, 05:41 PM
It's an AR variant, so it is restricted in Canada. Easily purchased with a RPAL.

Steeleco
01-15-2012, 05:43 PM
There was this article just the other day. While it reads like bad news, some say it's going to be difficult to implement.

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/RCMP+seizing+guns+before+registry+ends/5963591/story.html

Over on CGN this among other posts are active http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=693790

BTW that's one cool looking varmint gun !!

pse&remington
01-15-2012, 06:57 PM
The Rifle is yes a SINGLE SHOT rifle, the straight pull is exactly that you pull it straight back to eject the fired casing and chamber another.

zoomer
01-15-2012, 07:11 PM
Made in the uk ,its still an ar-15 variant even as a pull bolt, single shot rifle and would be restricted class firearm here in Canada to be used at a licensed range only.

Lionhill
01-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Made in the uk ,its still an ar-15 variant even as a pull bolt, single shot rifle and would be restricted class firearm here in Canada to be used at a licensed range only.

Wrong. It is no more an AR variant than your bolt gun. This is not a semi-auto. It looks like an AR, but the internals are completely different.

LH

Gateholio
01-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Lionhill, what is it? It's called "straight pull AR" so I figured it was an AR variant too. I guess I will read the rest of the website. :)

Johnny G1
01-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Yeh but it's scary lookin to the laws of the land, they likely find some way of gettin rid of it to, won't belong before they figure a slingshot is dangerous, likely have to use marshmellows for ammo??? the BS is goin to friggin far to suit me.

Gateholio
01-15-2012, 09:03 PM
It's the lower on an AR that is the firearm...So if this lower will accept an AR 15 upper, it would be restricted. Even if it didn't fit very well, the RCMP shop would duct tape a AR upper on it and get it to fire one shot and it's restricted! :)

phoenix
01-15-2012, 09:30 PM
I didn't read about the gun because I don't understand the whole idea of a single shot AR. Why?????? To prove you can make an AR look-alike almost as accurate as a bolt gun? I just don't get it but that is just me.:confused:
Kim

Spy
01-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Yeh but it's scary lookin to the laws of the land, they likely find some way of gettin rid of it to, won't belong before they figure a slingshot is dangerous, likely have to use marshmellows for ammo??? the BS is goin to friggin far to suit me.

You forgot to mention its BLACK!

BearStump
01-15-2012, 09:36 PM
rifle would be restricted i'm sure. But the 25 rd. mag will be prohibited. Man thats a sexy lookin firearm!!

Lionhill
01-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Lionhill, what is it? It's called "straight pull AR" so I figured it was an AR variant too. I guess I will read the rest of the website. :)

It's made in england where semi's are banned outright. This fits the bill for the nanny government, but gets the looks of an AR with a manual action. There would be no reason why the magazine would be prohibited if it fit this gun only. If the magazine could be attached to a semi - no way.

LH

Gateholio
01-15-2012, 09:54 PM
But does it use a AR lower receiver?

Lionhill
01-15-2012, 10:07 PM
But does it use a AR lower receiver?

From the website:
LA-R15 Raven, Centerfire Rifle.
Each gun is custom built to order and can be configured to any specification you like. We hold a large selection of accessories for these rifles and can usually source specific items on request.
We also manufacture a traditional 'T' Bar Charging Handle version with an upper receiver featuring , ejection port cover, deflector lump and forward assist, for those shooters wanting an authentic look.
The LA-R15 utilises the latest technology in its design and is manufactured from the highest quality materials and components available.
Its painstakingly assembled with attention to detail on every part fitted, so that what ends up in your hands is something we are very proud off having created.
This rifle is the culmination of a lot of hard work, research and effort, we hope you enjoy it.

Understanding english obsession with banning everything remote American (not unlike Canada), I'd be surprised if it was compatible with the standard AR platform. Frankly, I see this gun being several thousand dollars to own. There are many more guns available to us here that will do everything this gun does, and be non-restricted.

LH

Gateholio
01-15-2012, 10:12 PM
I'm sure not planning on buying one. Just curious. :)

timberhunter
01-16-2012, 08:55 AM
they don't always classify guns on their action type or caliber. You fellows have to remember that those people who actually decide whether its restricted or not. Base their opinion mostly on how the gun looks. They have no knowledge of how the rifle works nor do they care.
Gatehouse is right. This gun if imported would be classified as a restricted

Amphibious
01-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Single shot (manual bolt) AR's are popular with the Suppressed crowd. the sub-sonic rounds don't always cycle in a semi auto, so have to be manually fed through the action.

Elkhound
01-16-2012, 11:19 AM
so sick of peoples poorly based opinions in society. Part of the problem is we cant even get the firearms owners to agree to stuff.

MikeH
01-16-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm sure its restricted.I do like Pmags best magazines.I'd like to test fire it see how that side charger would do.Only thing I don't like is there's no dust cover for bolt.magazines above 5 rnds are prohibited.I'm prepared for the zombie invasion are you!

RJ
01-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Would definitely be in the Restricted category. It uses an AR boltface, all they're doing is putting on a handle.