PDA

View Full Version : Eberlestock X2 pack review

swampthing
01-15-2012, 11:32 AM
I bought this pack yesterday and took it for a walk. I run the eberlestock dragonfly and use it for backpacking and as a daypack. I really like the dragonfly but its a bit large for a daypack. I became aware of the X2 and bought it as well as the accessory gun scabbord. This pack is a smaller version of my dragonfly. It is expandable which is a huge feature to me. The gun scabbord is my favorite feature of my dragonfly pack and having one in this new daypack is great. As I get older and fatter I have resorted to treking poles while climbing. This scabbord allows both hands to be free while using treking poles. While hunting with rifle in hand the poles slip into rifle scabbord. This pack is well thought out and easily carries enough gear for day hunts. Large side pockets allow for a hydration bladder and easy access to your spotting scope. It is an internal frame back and the expanding feature allows you to pack meat on it as well. It looks as though you may be able to strap a whole boned out deer to it. You could easily strap an elk quarter to it and maybe even a moose quarter. I loaded it with enough gear for a day hunt and did a couple km with it yesterday. It carried well and vented well against the back. This pack appears to be big enough to do overnight trips as well. Anybody in the market for a daypack should check one out.

todbartell
01-15-2012, 12:43 PM
I liked my X2. Sold it to some dweeb on HBC when I bought my Mystery Ranch

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/18672_215640412991_512917991_3204661_27222_n.jpg

REMINGTON JIM
01-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Swampthing- where did you buy your x2 please - thks jim

swampthing
01-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Northern troutfitters in PG. Not sure if they had more. Bartell probably already pmed you if they do.

todbartell
01-17-2012, 07:47 PM
not sure what we got left in stock but should have another Eberlestock order coming in before spring.

troutseeker
01-17-2012, 08:13 PM
I have an X1, and use it hiking and fishing when I want to have a gun along in the scabbard.

Wrayzer
01-19-2012, 08:04 PM
I have an X1, and use it hiking and fishing when I want to have a gun along in the scabbard.

any experience packing game with the x1?

troutseeker
01-20-2012, 12:20 AM

I packed grouse with it, it's small , one could pack a deboned deer maybe, if it was a small critter. It's a day pack with a scabbard...

Buck
01-20-2012, 05:56 AM

There is a game bag that attaches to it.As a day overnight or kids pack it is nice.Probably carry a quarter or a bit more in it.

gizmo_85
01-20-2012, 07:58 AM
I also have the x1. but its day pack with a scabbard. I bought the shot gun scabbard as well and attach it to the side where the bladders is.. it handy. I can have a rifle and a shotgun at the sametime.

Wrayzer
01-20-2012, 01:24 PM
I do have the x1 but haven't had the chance to pack anything out yet, tough season. Will be trying to see how much deboned I can get in it, with minimal gear, back to camp next Sept (elk).

Buck, are you taking about the "Bird Bag"? Adding an extra 1800 cu. in. Would sure help get a decent deboned animal out with a day pack like the x1.