PDA

View Full Version : moose roast maranade

jeff
01-13-2012, 04:34 PM
made a 4lbs moose roast last night ..by the way moose roasts are my all time favorite ..anyways i decided to try something different ..i fully thawed it in the fridge for 2 days then stuffed it with about 8 good chunks of garlic .then made a oil ,vinegar ,and half a bottle of cavenders greek spice maranade .all together the maranade was maybe one litre ..soaked the roast in this for 2 days then seered it at 450f for half hour ,turned it down to 350 for another hour ..wow i must say it was the best roast ive ever had ..when i get my game cut i always say give me the most roasts as you can ...

CanuckShooter
01-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Now you've completely ruined the image I had of you as a rough and tumble guy!! Turns out you cook...and not just bacon and eggs, but fancy roast!! What next? Tell me you don't doll up your plates with parsley sprigs like some fancy cookie??

jeff
01-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Now you've completely ruined the image I had of you as a rough and tumble guy!! Turns out you cook...and not just bacon and eggs, but fancy roast!! What next? Tell me you don't doll up your plates with parsley sprigs like some fancy cookie??

haha ...no ,no parsley or crap like that ..you got me still laughing ,,thats good,................ meat and potatoes man.....with the plate swimming in gravy ..yummmm..im acually the main cook around here ..i like cooking but not the cleaning...

Glenny
01-13-2012, 04:52 PM
My mouth is a watering. Good show.

jeff
01-13-2012, 04:59 PM

with 3 kids that all love mcdonalds ,burger king ,pizza ,and all those frickin dinner in a box meals ,i gotta cook some decent meals with some nutrition .. the wifes is pretty dam hot ,so you how that usually goes .the extremely pretty girls dont cook worth a shit ...i hope she dont read this post .

r106
01-13-2012, 05:03 PM
haha ...no ,no parsley or crap like that ..you got me still laughing ,,thats good,................ meat and potatoes man.....with the plate swimming in gravy ..yummmm..im acually the main cook around here ..i like cooking but not the cleaning...

I hear ya. My wife loves my cooking but she hates cleaning it up. That roast sounds good. I might have to give it a try.

jeff
01-13-2012, 05:07 PM
I hear ya. My wife loves my cooking but she hates cleaning it up. That roast sounds good. I might have to give it a try.

have you ever used the cavendars greek spice ..its one of the best ..it also makes an awsome salad dressing

BearStump
01-13-2012, 05:27 PM
The vinegar really breaks down the meat and makes it soooo tender. I left some elk steaks in the fridge marinating for 3 days cuz I just did'nt have time to get to them. Turns out the longer the better, they were awesome.

The roasts are all good but for a truly superb mouthwatering delicasy, leave it in the fridge for a few days.

randymac
01-13-2012, 05:48 PM
last moose was about 675 lbs on the hook at the butcher and had 4 brow tines, some times the roasts were a little tough.
Now we just put them in the crock pot with some garlic and a whole onion cut in half, a cup or two of water and 2 tbsp of soy sauce. Start it about 8 in the morning and by 5 or 6 its almost falling apart and very tender and tasy

jeff
01-13-2012, 05:54 PM
last moose was about 675 lbs on the hook at the butcher and had 4 brow tines, some times the roasts were a little tough.
Now we just put them in the crock pot with some garlic and a whole onion cut in half, a cup or two of water and 2 tbsp of soy sauce. Start it about 8 in the morning and by 5 or 6 its almost falling apart and very tender and tasy

ya ive done that many times as well ..put it on in the morning before work and its falling apart when i get home .try the maranade with your tough roasts ,like said earlier the oil and vinegar helps break down the tissue resulting in tender roast...

ncurrie
01-13-2012, 06:28 PM
with 3 kids that all love mcdonalds ,burger king ,pizza ,and all those frickin dinner in a box meals ,i gotta cook some decent meals with some nutrition .. the wifes is pretty dam hot ,so you how that usually goes .the extremely pretty girls dont cook worth a shit ...i hope she dont read this post .

hhhmmmm, I must not be very pretty then, cause I can cook and clean, your roast sounds excellent! I will have to give it a try, this is a great recipe too. My kids and I love it
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150676381444517&set=pu.186835839516&type=1&theater