PDA

View Full Version : North Island Guys on a South Island Hunt

Chessieguy
01-11-2012, 11:57 AM
On an offer by Field Marshal, some of us North Island guys (LorneParker, 303 Brit and myself) made a day trip down to Field Marshall's stomping grounds.
It was a clear frosty morning, but with a scheduled relaxing start so as not to upset the locals, we were able to pace ourselves nicely.
We broke some ice to set out the dekes, and hunkered into the vegetation for what we hoped would be a great shoot.

It started slow, with FM drawing the first tally...an impressive shot to harvest a nice drake...

We then hit quite a lull...so much so that we were beginning to worry a little that the day may be a bust...the combination of clear bluebird sky, no wind and bright sunshine may get the better of us.

After about an hour, we were treated to a steady flow of singles and pairs, many passing just out of range, but a good number that were in range, and some that we were even able to hit!!!

In the end we ended up with 14 birds, some great laughs and some new friends as I had never met Lorne and Kiel before.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd1/chessieguy/Cowichan1-20120110-00042.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd1/chessieguy/Cowichan1-20120110-00043-1.jpg

Oh and there is one more picture that I would like to be able to post, it would involve someone not having a seat belt on...but I expect that we may have a hard time getting it from the RCMP...:mrgreen::twisted::cry:

d6dan
01-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Well done boys!. Nice looking cluster of lards...

303Brit
01-11-2012, 02:07 PM
A good day was had by all, Chessie you are welcome to shoot with us anytime. A Better day was had by those that didn't get a ticket, and the best day was had by the ole timer not wearing his seat belt that didn't get a ticket.
Duffy had a good day would have liked to have had more retreives for him but thats how she goes.

lorneparker1
01-11-2012, 04:32 PM
thanks again to Tony, for the invite. The more i hang around the guy, the more i like him!! Was nice to put some lards down for their eternal Dirt nap.!! Was great meeting you Kieth and thanks for the ride!

And yes im the one that got the f'ing seat belt ticket. Super way to end the day!

Foxton Gundogs
01-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Nice shoot guys, Im seriously jelly-ous, had to work:icon_frow these final days counting down make every day handcuffed to a steering wheel torture, look like you had enuff fun for me as well. Dont sweat the missing pic, can't figure how you would put it on your lanyard any who but that would be rare "bling" for sure.

nano
01-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Nice shooting!

naes
01-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Great job boys. Always fun shooting in the Marshall's field.

91Jason91
01-11-2012, 07:26 PM
nice job looks like you guys had some fun

Marc
01-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Looks like you guys had a good day! Glad you got to make it down to the south end of the Island boys! This season has been pretty quiet for me as there has been a lot on my plate. Next year will be a different story!

303Brit
01-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Looks like you guys had a good day! Glad you got to make it down to the south end of the Island boys! This season has been pretty quiet for me as there has been a lot on my plate. Next year will be a different story!

Holy Shat his is alive ;) Jokes, I hear ya. Between the twins arriving and training for SAR Tech selection haven't had near enough time to exploit parental leave :tongue: