PDA

View Full Version : Your Hunt Dreams for 2012? Which animals and how?

BiG Boar
01-11-2012, 08:10 AM
Well 2011 is well behind us. I'm getting excited about the prospects of a new hunting year ahead.

Copy and paste the below format into your response.

What animals do you want to kill in 2012?

Are you going to try any new weapons or forms of hunting?

Will you hold out for anything really big?

Are you thinking of hunting a new area of the province, or even out of province?

Of the above animals or birds which have you never shot before?

BiG Boar
01-11-2012, 08:16 AM
What animals do you want to kill in 2012? Rocky Mountain Elk, Big Horn Sheep (either), Pronghorn, Caribou, Lynx, Cougar, Mule deer, Grizzly

Are you going to try any new weapons or forms of hunting? Going to try out my traditional bow for the first time

Will you hold out for anything really big? I'll be holding out for Grizzly (something worthy of the wall), and Mule deer (wall), and Caribou (as I have passed on dinks last year) Everything eles gets blasted if its legal.

Are you thinking of hunting a new area of the province, or even out of province? I want to hunt the peace for Elk, and somewhere for bighorns, and region 6 for caribou, and Wyoming for pronghorn.

Are you going to try for any different type of animal or birds you've never shot before? I have never shot a big horn sheep, or a RM elk, or a pronghorn, or a Lynx, or a Caribou, and I wouldnt mind a wood duck, and a few of them sea ducks.

bowhunterbruce
01-11-2012, 08:23 AM
What animals do you want to kill in 2012? -grizzly,goat moose

Are you going to try any new weapons or forms of hunting?-all of those with my bow

Will you hold out for anything really big?-although we all know bigger is better,i will settle for a good representitive of it's spieces

Are you thinking of hunting a new area of the province, or even out of province?-staying within the province for everything,however might try a different area for moose

Are you going to try for any different type of animal or birds you've never shot before?-nope

bhb

Ruger4
01-11-2012, 08:30 AM
What animals do you want to kill in 2012? Grizz / Goat (another)

Are you going to try any new weapons or forms of hunting? bow only

Will you hold out for anything really big? Did last year ( over 30 bears both Grizz and blacks, most under 100 yards )

Are you thinking of hunting a new area of the province, or even out of province? ( Austria in Aug for Mouflon ( their sheep ) fingers crossed )

Of the above animals or birds which have you never shot before?[/QUOTE] Grizz

Good Old Outdoors
01-11-2012, 08:37 AM
I want 1 Black bear, 2 whitetail, 2 mulie, 1 Moose, Ducks, Geese, Grouse

Im going to buy a Bow for this deer season

Not at first, I want to fill the freezer then go for the monster bucks

Are you thinking of hunting a new area of the province, or even out of province?
Yes, going to be checking out and hunting new areas,

I have not shot a moose, black bear, Mulies, ducks or geese!

My seasons in the past few years have been short or non existant, been working to much or im out of the country because of work. This is the year i catch up for the seasons lost

ncurrie
01-11-2012, 08:46 AM
What animals do you want to kill in 2012? mule, white tail, moose and elk

Are you going to try any new weapons or forms of hunting? I would like to try a bow

Will you hold out for anything really big? a decent size

Are you thinking of hunting a new area of the province, or even out of province? smithers and I would like to got saskachewan

Of the above animals or birds which have you never shot before?moose and elk

hunter1947
01-11-2012, 09:21 AM
My dreams are to find a record class RME this year and hopefully I will get a LEH goat draw as for a Griz draw ,I plan on holding out for a big elk as for a big WT deer hopefully the snow won't push me out this year till I get one dream Wt buck I am after..

01-11-2012, 09:29 AM
I want to arrow another (my second) Turkey in April, and a large black bear in May. In the fall, I am going on yet another "dream hunt" in Northern BC. This time in September with a pocket full of tags. I hope to get another Stone and my first caribou. Also elk and moose if the opportunity presents.

Then back to the Kootenay for elk (if tag remaining) and whitetail (archery).

Of course, if I ever get drawn for Granby Bighorn, that will change EVERYTHING.

Good luck to all this year!!

fozzy
01-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Mule deer, Whitetail deer, Goat, Moose & Goat if the oportunity arises.
Going to try and use my bow next year for at least one
Mulie :)
Maybe Saskatchewan again
Goat

Mr. Dean
01-11-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm really looking forward to just chillin' in the back 40 and pursuing trophy squirrels this year.
No joke; Its what I'm dreaming for.

Was hoping for Africa, but Langley will hafta do.

BiG Boar
01-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Dean I found a great place for squirrels. I will take you there, but its a very secret spot, so no pictures with background in them or even of the camp itself.

TheProvider
01-11-2012, 10:18 AM
What animals do you want to kill in 2012? 2 Spring Blackies, 2 Cranker Blacktails, Lynx, Bobcat, Cougar

Are you going to try any new weapons or forms of hunting? Nope, will use my bow for bears and muzzleloader and bow for BT's

Will you hold out for anything really big? Bears over 325lbs, Mature BT's old and gnarly

Are you thinking of hunting a new area of the province, or even out of province? Not this year, next

Of the above animals or birds which have you never shot before? Cougar, bobby cat and lynx

TheProvider
01-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Depending how the year goes maybe a roadtrip for elk also

01-11-2012, 11:07 AM
I really want to put in some goot time trying to get a great Black bear.
As well i found a nice spot for black tails.

As for Draws,,, the usual suspects Rosie Elk and Moose. Nothing super special there, My heart is in it for the local stuff this season.

ha ha read al before you post

What animals do you want to kill in 2012? big black bear and a good Black tail

Are you going to try any new weapons or forms of hunting? no

Will you hold out for anything really big? Yes on the bear for sure but the Blacktail is different

Are you thinking of hunting a new area of the province, or even out of province? not this year the past few i have explored, i want to go back to what i know

Of the above animals or birds which have you never shot before? Ive shot black bears but i have a picture in my mind of a bear and a situation. it needs to "FIT"

BCHunterFSJ
01-11-2012, 11:13 AM
What animals do you want to kill in 2012? whitetail, mulie, wolf, elk, california bighorn...

Are you going to try any new weapons or forms of hunting? No

Will you hold out for anything really big? mule and whitetail deer

Are you thinking of hunting a new area of the province, or even out of province? Argentina for water buffalo and blackbuck

Of the above animals or birds which have you never shot before? wolf, calie bighorn

Wrayzer
01-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Animals you want to kill in 2012: Region 8 Elk, Late season Whitetail, Moose if I can pull a LEH again, Spring Bear

New forms of Hunting: Try for white with a compound bow

Hold out for anything big? Did last year, let too many bucks walk, all depends how Sept Elk goes

Try new areas of the province? Thinking of trying for Quesnel Lake Or Horsefly Moose LEH

Any of the above animals new to me: Had two chances at a bull Elk this past season and passed up numerous whites but have yet to bag either one in my career.

Rubberfist
01-11-2012, 12:53 PM
mule deer buck, whitetail buck, mountain goat (will be #4), muskox, and depending upon how my LEH's turn-out, grizzly bear, and one of another Stone's or Dall's or perhaps a Bighorn. There could be another trip to the NWT in the works.

Will be attempting to take the goat with a longbow, and if the conditions are right, the Stone's as well. I've killed both with the compound, but using a longbow would be sweet.

If I go to NWT for another Dall, it will have to be over 40". For the goat, I am dead-set on getting one of the mammoths that I've been seeing in my favorite goat hunting area.

If I get to go after Bighorn, it will be in an area new to me...pretty excited at that prospect. The muskox hunt will be out of province, in an area new to me. For the goat, it won't necessarily be in a new area, however I plan on going deeper and farther into that God forsaken terrain than ever before.

Bighorn, muskox and grizzly.

Tikka270wsm
01-11-2012, 02:55 PM
What animals do you want to kill in 2012? Bull Moose, Black Bear, Mulie Buck, Island Elk, 2 good Island Blacktails

Are you going to try any new weapons or forms of hunting? Might try to take a Black Bear and a Blacktail Buck with my bow

Will you hold out for anything really big? Bigger Blacktail than last year. Every year, I seem to beat the previous years blacktail so want the same for 2012

Are you thinking of hunting a new area of the province, or even out of province? Region 5. Put in for moose every year there with no results. Fingers crossed.

Of the above animals or birds which have you never shot before? Moose or a Rosie.

ncurrie
01-11-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm really looking forward to just chillin' in the back 40 and pursuing trophy squirrels this year.
No joke; Its what I'm dreaming for.

Was hoping for Africa, but Langley will hafta do.

really squirrels?

Skull Hunter
01-11-2012, 04:38 PM

Priorities are Sheep, Goat and Bison (if drawn). Another Caribou, Moose, and probably more wolves.

I plan on getting all practiced up with my Bow this spring and summer. If I chase Moose or Caribou I'll be looking to use my bow.

I'll be holding out for a big goat again (passed up quite a few last year) Also will be waiting on a big moose and a caribou with some good tops.

It'll all be in the same general area unless I decide to get really adventurous chasing sheep. Also if I get the Bison draw that area will all be new to me.

Sheep, Goat, Bison

lorneparker1
01-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Goat dead. That is all

Rackmastr
01-11-2012, 04:48 PM
This year will be my FIRST year as a BC resident, and to say that there is a lot of anticipation, learning, excitement, and wonder for the upcoming years would be a severe understatement!

I'd love to find some good Kootenay elk, GOS goats in the Kootenays, and learn some bighorn areas. My expectations of 'killing' are lower this year with a ton of learning that I hope to get accomplished.

Will be the same old for me, with an emphasis on backpack hunting with my new rifle.

I will try not to shoot the first elk I see, as I'd really like to learn a bunch of spots. If I go to Sask for whiteys I'll try and hold out for something big.

The whole province is new to me, so the next few years will be a LOT of new stuff as I try to learn the areas that I'd like to concentrate on, with a few bigger trips north for Stones, grizz, caribou, etc mixed in....

Never shot a grizz, goat, sheep, caribou....and am hoping I can solve that in the next 3-5 year plan if all goes well!!! :-D

Husky7mm
01-11-2012, 04:53 PM
What animals do you want to kill in 2012? Mule Deer and goat in the alpine as usual

Are you going to try any new weapons or forms of hunting? I am going to try for an elk with a bow from a tree stand, licks cameras ect.

Will you hold out for anything really big? Looking for a Nice mature mulie over 170 for a wall mount
Are you thinking of hunting a new area of the province, or even out of province? Looking for a new area where mulies live past 2 or 3 yrs old, better than region 4. Have a priority 4 for Alberta 2012 should be fun

Sitkaspruce
01-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Well 2011 is well behind us. I'm getting excited about the prospects of a new hunting year ahead.

What animals do you want to kill in 2012? Something that fills the freezer, preferable of the moose or elk kind, but will settle for a deer

Are you going to try any new weapons or forms of hunting? New 270WSM will get de-virginized this year

Will you hold out for anything really big? Blacktail deer

Are you thinking of hunting a new area of the province, or even out of province? Thinking about Alberta

Of the above animals or birds which have you never shot before? Shot them all

Cheers

SS

Bc Deer Hunter
01-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Muley, whitetail, elk, black bear, and maybe a moose. and hopefully grouse, pheasents, and bunnies. :mrgreen:

Yes! Bowhunting :mrgreen:
Mulies :twisted:
i would like to try my luck in the thompson.
Elk, Black bear,Moose.

Fella
01-11-2012, 05:53 PM
My goal is to bag my first mulie.

BCbillies
01-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Grizz, Goat, Black Bear and RM Bighorn

Road hunting for black bear with the kids

Goat yes. Beauty over size for a grizz . . . time for a silvertip

EK . . . I heard it's pretty nice

RM Bighorn

gerrygoat
01-11-2012, 06:30 PM

Elk, goat, black bear, blacktailed deer, will apply for LEH grizzly, moose and California bighorn.

Not new guns but I would like to shoot a black bear with my 264 WM and a goat with my 35 Whelen, haven't used those guns on those animals.

Would like the black bear and goat to be decent size.

Will hunt the Peace for antlerless elk before the end of February.

Elk and California bighorn

BCRiverBoater
01-11-2012, 06:30 PM
What animals do you want to kill in 2012? Stone Sheep. Goat, RM Elk, Kudu, Gemsbuck, Zebra, Impala, Springbuck, black and blue wildebeest, warthog, blesbuck, duiker...and maybe red hartebeest and any other SA game I decide to take.

Are you going to try any new weapons or forms of hunting? Nope

Will you hold out for anything really big? I am still patiently waiting for a good stone sheep for my first ram. I do not want to shoot a dink or anything under 8. I have passed up the small ones for years so why cahnge now. They are too beautiful to take a small young one. Same with the goats. I want a minimum of 9" and too date the only repectful goats I have seen was while sheep hunting so we did not want to be shooting up the mountain sides. When not sheep hunting I have only been in range of goats we figured were under 9" and I will not shoot a goat or sheep just to get one on the wall. Has to be an older, respectful ram or billy.

Are you thinking of hunting a new area of the province, or even out of province? Heading to South Africa in Feb. so I would say that is out of province by about as fas as you can go from BC.

Of the above animals or birds which have you never shot before? Stone sheep (being too small), goat (either sheep hunting so have not wanted to shoot or too small), all the African species...

Young Gun
01-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Elk, whitetail, mule deer, moose.

nope, same old walking cutblocks and timber.

A nice Region 8 muley.

the kootenays for elk

elk.

91Jason91
01-11-2012, 08:01 PM
grizz and 6 point elk

lorneparker1
01-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Goat, maybe an elk or mulie/whitey if there is one that wants to die during goat hunting. Spring bear, and a nice blacktail or 2 depending on the mulie scenario

I am going to shoot my spring blackie with a crossbow

I will hold out for a good blacktail but will kill anything with horns to not eat tag soup in the last week. Im only going to shoot a big black bear or not at all. Anything else legal gets it.

Maybe head to alberta for ducks, as i didnt hunt the praries this year for the first time this year. in along time. Also spring snow geese in MAN or Sask.

Goat/elk/mulie

CabinFever
01-11-2012, 10:10 PM
I'm hopeful that a whitetail, mulie, blackbear and elk all feel the smack of my 7mag this year. I'm chomping at the bit for spring bear season!

.300WSMImpact!
01-11-2012, 10:29 PM

What animals do you want to kill in 2012? Elk, 180 plus mule deer, 170 plus whitetail, moose LEH for a big bull

Are you going to try any new weapons or forms of hunting? happy with my gun

Will you hold out for anything really big? I hold out for big all the time

Are you thinking of hunting a new area of the province, or even out of province? putting in for a few LEH's hope to get one and travel a bit

Of the above animals or birds which have you never shot before? never shot an elk or a moose

fearnodeer
01-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Moose/Mule Deer/Elk
Excalibur crossbow
Na
Oh Ya
Shot them all before

Blainer
01-12-2012, 08:23 AM
What animals do you want to kill in 2012?:wildebeest,warthog,impala,springbok,kudu,gem sbok,blesbok

Are you going to try any new weapons or forms of hunting?possibly

Will you hold out for anything really big?absolutely

Are you thinking of hunting a new area of the province, or even out of province?Africa

Of the above animals or birds which have you never shot before?all of the above.

Then I will concentrate on BC species and any draws received.
Looking for a cranker mulie with ram,goat,rossie elkcaribou on bucket list
Pronghorn antelope scratched from list in 2011