PDA

View Full Version : Where are the kamloops sheep?

r106
01-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Dana's bighorn pic thread has me wanting to go get some pics for myself. http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?76974-Kamloops-Cali-Ram-Pics

So I was woundering where I would go to see some sheep? One spot was mentioned in dana's thread but I was wounder if there were other areas to check out? I was thinking maybe even the spences bridge heard? Maybe loop through Kamloops and down to spences? I will be limited on where i will go because my buddy has a broken leg. He's off work from the broken leg and i'm off this week and were bored. So I drive beats sitting around the house.

Any help would be great feel free to give me a PM

ps- I'm not a sheep hunter I am just interested in some photo's

Good Old Outdoors
01-10-2012, 10:06 PM
West of hat creek ranch i saw quite a few on my last road trip with the girlfriend, I dont have my regs with me otherwise i would let u know where exactly,, to be honest though i dunno if that is a reserve there or not tho. Thats the closest to kamloops i know of other then the Revi, and golden area

TyTy
01-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Go golfing. They love the courses for feed. The slopes immediately noth of town and the HWY have good habitat

lovemywinchester
01-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Sun rivers neighbourhood. Just timing.

The Dude
01-10-2012, 10:25 PM
PM sent.....

The Dude
01-10-2012, 10:28 PM
West of hat creek ranch i saw quite a few on my last road trip with the girlfriend, I dont have my regs with me otherwise i would let u know where exactly,, to be honest though i dunno if that is a reserve there or not tho. Thats the closest to kamloops i know of other then the Revi, and golden area

On the Duffy (99) between Pavillion and HWY 97? Yeah, some of that's Rez. Never seen sheep in there, but there's a few to the East of Hat Creek, across #97

r106
01-10-2012, 11:41 PM
So if you were going with someone with a gimped leg wich would be better spences bridge or K-town?

thanks for the replies and the pm's I'll post up some pic's if I find them. we won't be going until later in the week

Jagermeister
01-10-2012, 11:56 PM
Take Ord Road and head toward Red Lake, should start to see some within a few kliks after you cross the tracks

bearhunter338-06
01-11-2012, 12:49 AM
In the Bush...............:-)

Brian011
01-11-2012, 01:08 AM
As others have said,in kamloops try the sun rivers golf course along mt Paul and then Ord rd from the dog park to the red lake rd past the tracks.
Also along the highway from savona to cache creek I've been seeing them around deadmans creek area.

ruttinbuck
01-11-2012, 06:06 AM
there is a small group of rams wintering on the Beacon hill on Ord rd right where Ord meets McClean st.
Have'nt had time to film them but looks like the same couple of heavy brutes with them as last year.RB

r106
01-11-2012, 05:44 PM
thannks again for the info guy's.

Just to make a day of it is there any good spots to try for some yotes?

heith proulx
01-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Were are you coming from i know a good few spot that you can get quite close without stressing them out.

r106
01-11-2012, 11:25 PM
As others have said,in kamloops try the sun rivers golf course along mt Paul and then Ord rd from the dog park to the red lake rd past the tracks.
Also along the highway from savona to cache creek I've been seeing them around deadmans creek area.

Do you mean tranquile road to red lake road or does ord road go threw? I looked at a map and it looks like ord road ends well before?

Savona to cache creek are they on the north side?

91Jason91
01-12-2012, 01:33 AM
yes go get some pictures and upload them on here please and thank you hahahha

Brian011
01-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Do you mean tranquile road to red lake road or does ord road go threw? I looked at a map and it looks like ord road ends well before?

Savona to cache creek are they on the north side?

Yah from ord rd you turn onto tranquille and then that turns into the red lake rd.
Yes from savona to cache creek I've been seeing them on the north side of the highway. Also have seen them just off the highway on the Sebastian creek rd for the first few kms off the highway but most have been ewes

srupp
01-12-2012, 11:34 AM
hmmm not in Kamloops but saw 3 beauty rams north of the gang turn off yesterday just after 1 pm..

all shooters, all legal and all in a GOS area.......just no season currently open... two trucks of subsistence hunters scoping them out also..

srr

r106
01-12-2012, 10:42 PM
well got out to take a look and found lots of sheep. probably 80+ or so including some at spences bridge. Mostly ewe's a few young rams, one or two decent ram. We were limited to were and how close we got, do to my budies leg. You guy's were not kidding about the golf course. there must have been 30 ewe's there. but they looked more like pets than wild sheep. haha. found quite a few down the red lake road. I realized after the fact that my camera sucks big time for zoomed shots. I'll post some pics tomorrow

Thanks again for the info it was very helpfull and accurate. It made for a fun day!

hunter1947
01-13-2012, 03:26 AM
With the weather the way it has been I would say the sheep are up the mountains just below the snow elevation..

shelg
01-15-2012, 04:36 PM
I have been seeing a herd across from the flying j for the last week on east shuswap road.