PDA

View Full Version : we may not have much snow but the elk are here

bear buster
01-10-2012, 08:45 PM
seen quiet afew tonight while out scouting was hunting solo and oppted not to shoot, will wait for weekend. heres a few clips, all shootable as I had permission. http://s988.photobucket.com/albums/af9/carsonbeaulieu/elk%202/

pronghorn
01-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Thats great as I was woundering how it's been as he wife has that draw.

killer
01-11-2012, 12:07 AM
Man i miss hunting good luck on weekend

91Jason91
01-11-2012, 12:21 AM
looking good so far

hunter1947
01-11-2012, 02:20 AM
seen quiet afew tonight while out scouting was hunting solo and oppted not to shoot, will wait for weekend. heres a few clips, all shootable as I had permission. http://s988.photobucket.com/albums/af9/carsonbeaulieu/elk%202/

Can you shoot a bull with your LEH or ether this month ??? looks to me that you need a better video camera same as me I will not let the 2012 season go by this year without getting a better video camera.
When a hunter or other takes the time to film wildlife and then you want to watch the clips latter it is very upsetting to me to have poor end results not knocking you about your clips don't take my post the wrong way to me filming wildlife is part of my hunting if I can't get good end results then I am very upset ,maybe its not your camera and you need to practice with your camera more ???.

Thanks for the elk clips wish I could see them bulls better in your video clips and good luck with your elk hope to see lots of pictures or video clips latter on ....

bear buster
01-11-2012, 07:39 AM
yes I do need better camera, and it was getting dark. just wanted to post some clips to get the LEH guys and gals blood flowing abit. There is antlerless, any elk, and youth any elk draws, I have the antlerless draw, and my buddy has any elk. should be a great weekend, going to sleep over night in a stand so it should be great. did not want to shoot last night do to light fading quick, being alone and the elk where so close together at the shot they may have all took off at once making a follow up shot tough without a second pair of eyes to help see if shot was good, not very much a fan of shooting close to dark.

hunter1947
01-11-2012, 07:47 AM
yes I do need better camera, and it was getting dark. just wanted to post some clips to get the LEH guys and gals blood flowing abit. There is antlerless, any elk, and youth any elk draws, I have the antlerless draw, and my buddy has any elk. should be a great weekend, going to sleep over night in a stand so it should be great. did not want to shoot last night do to light fading quick, being alone and the elk where so close together at the shot they may have all took off at once making a follow up shot tough without a second pair of eyes to help see if shot was good, not very much a fan of shooting close to dark.

Just make sure that when you do get a different camera to do some research on it my self I might be putting out 3000 dollars for a new video cameras for a life time of good clear clips well worth the dollar to see excellent videos later on up on your big screen TV.

Sounds like you will have the elk down in no time maybe today ??? maybe tomorrow ??? just one note make sure you have lots of pictures and videos of this hunt i as for many other members will look forward to your hunt and pictures ,,,,,hint ,hint would be nice for someone to be with you to film you shooting the elk ???? can't wait to see your clips and pictures..

bear buster
01-11-2012, 07:53 AM
stuck working till friday at 5 then I will make the long drawn out 15 min drive to buddies farm, and the 10 min walk to stand. Think I paid 250-300 for my little cam was looking at a better sony for about 1600, had alot of fun filming and taking pics this year, got the wife to film me shooting a bear, and 1 funny mid day stock on a bear in august, looking for to new cam and a tripod for 2012. in the middle of doing some research on a better cam

whitetailsheds
01-11-2012, 08:05 AM
Thanks for posting Carson...the timing is priceless. My daughter (has the any elk tag) texted me this AM on the way into work and stated she had just obtained permission on a couple places. The temps are supposed to drop as well so the next couple weekends could be good.

tazerdogg
01-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Hey Bear Buster, just wondering a few things....how did you make out so far, did you manage to get something this weekend? I am heading up for my cow elk draw next week on the 24th, from the Shuswap. So not very familiar with the area, and never hunted up there before. Is it safe to ask for a few pointers in where a guy should try looking at? One of the guys in our group has contacted a farmer in the Dawson area who had indicated that he hasn't seen any elk around his farm this winter, there's no snow so they have other places to eat rather than his haybarn. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Tazerdogg

moosinaround
01-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Very typical elk LEH! Like shooting fish in a barrel!! Easy!! Moosin