PDA

View Full Version : B. C.s Largest Indoor 3-D Abbotsford Jan 14-15th

Blk Arrow
01-10-2012, 07:55 PM
It is time to dust off the gear and work out the rust at the 18th Annual B.C.'s Largest Indoor 3-D shot in Abbotsford. Hard to believe we have being doing this one for 18 years. Anyway, the shoot is at the Agri-Fair arena at Abbotsford Exhibition Park. 32470 Haida Drive , Abbotsford, BC, for your GPS if required. I expect to see a lot of familiar faces and hopefully some new archers as well.

mikeboehm
01-10-2012, 08:03 PM
I plan to be there at least Sunday. Never been to that shoot yet.

greybark
01-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Yuppers !!!!!!!!!

Riverbc
01-10-2012, 10:15 PM
I'll be there!

Mountain Man
01-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Trying to make it !
1st time.

wsm
01-11-2012, 11:23 AM
i might try and make it . but i dont want to make you guys look bad by breaking twice the amount of arrows as the rest of you:razz:

Ruger4
01-11-2012, 06:42 PM
i might try and make it . but i dont want to make you guys look bad by breaking twice the amount of arrows as the rest of you:razz: sounds like a challenge !!!ahhhhh whose counting !!! hahahaha !!

Stéphane
01-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Just a quick update, it's $7/round of 15 targets. Cubs targets and fabulous prizes.

Here are pictures from last year:

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/yol68/Abby%203D/DSC00679.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/yol68/Abby%203D/DSC00784.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/yol68/Abby%203D/DSC00739.jpg

Fabulous door prizes drawn everyday at 4pm - But you have to be there to win!
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/yol68/Abby%203D/DSC00791.jpg

mikeboehm
01-13-2012, 10:13 PM
What time does it start at

Blk Arrow
01-14-2012, 05:50 AM
We get going at 8:00 am.

Riverbc
01-14-2012, 09:23 AM
are you that excited about it, that you couldn't sleep? :D

fozzy
01-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Thanks folks for hosting this shoot, it was good fun :-)

Ruger4
01-14-2012, 09:20 PM
good to see alot of familiar faces again , thanx for hosting another fun shoot , see ya next year !!

redthorn
01-14-2012, 10:09 PM
Fabulous door prizes drawn everyday at 4pm - But you have to be there to win!
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/yol68/Abby%203D/DSC00791.jpg

Yup, some great Prizes. I got drawn for a brand new bow (Bowtech, I believe) 2 years ago. Lucky for some other guy who was there, I had not stuck around as "I never win draws(Prizes, LEHS, etc.)"

SO IF YOU ARE THERE, STAY UNTIL THE LAST DRAW HAS RUN!!!! I was rather P.O'd that I'd left after shooting my rounds when I heard about it...

Riverbc
01-15-2012, 06:17 PM
happened again today. Fellow won a brand new PSE Bowmadness, but wasn't there to claim it....so another name was drawn.
Was a great shoot..saw some old faces and made new friends. Lots of fun.

Ruger4
01-15-2012, 07:10 PM
thats to bad , some people from out of town have to leave early to drive home
isnt that why you leave names and numbers and phone numbers on the tickets ??

redthorn
01-15-2012, 07:27 PM
thats to bad , some people from out of town have to leave early to drive home
isnt that why you leave names and numbers and phone numbers on the tickets ??

Nope. The personal info is just so they can sign you up for newsletters.... Just kidding, they don't do that. I can see where they're coming from, they want people to stick around for the awards and draw prizes. It's just a kick in the gonads when you find out your name was drawn later on...

Stéphane
01-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Guys, before this turns into a bashing of the event organizers OR on "how it should be done", remember that no one gets paid for this, and that sponsors might want to have pictures of their prizes being given.

Also, today was the very proof of the integrity of the club because the guy who won the bow (but wasn't there to claim his prize) is an active member of the club and the family is always volunteering at the club. The dad was there, and the difficult decision to re-draw the bow was made. It was the only right decision.

Finally, the logistic nightmare to contact the winners, and organise the distribution of prizes is probably another reason why they prefer this system. However, this year, if you won on the Saturday, you had until the next day to claim your prize.

I intend to be more and more involved in the organisation of events from the Sagittarius Archery Club. And like all others, I will not be paid for any of this. Decision on how we will run the events will be made by those involved in the process. If you feel strongly about certain issues, feel free to join the group. We welcome people who like to pay it forward.

dave*
01-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Is there any pictures from saturday or sunday out there?

D*

bruin
01-15-2012, 09:47 PM
Damn, we go every year and I never knew it was this weekend. Its usually alot of fun. Maybe next year.

Riverbc
01-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Damn, we go every year and I never knew it was this weekend. Its usually alot of fun. Maybe next year.

That sucks. You need to check Canuck2's thread to keep up to date. http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?75100-2012-3D-Season :D

papaken
01-16-2012, 01:05 PM
There was a good turnout in spite of the weather. Thanks to all the volunteers and great participants the rounds went pretty quick with minimal wait time to get to the line. I managed to get in 6 rounds over the 2 days with friends as well as some new people. Thanks to all the volunteers and sponsors for a great shoot.

Ruger4
01-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Is there any pictures from saturday or sunday out there?

D*

I have a bunch from last year ! forgot cam this year , same idea , a few targets switched around , fun shoot enjoy going to Abby for this one

redthorn
01-16-2012, 07:14 PM
Guys, before this turns into a bashing of the event organizers OR on "how it should be done", remember that no one gets paid for this, and that sponsors might want to have pictures of their prizes being given.

Also, today was the very proof of the integrity of the club because the guy who won the bow (but wasn't there to claim his prize) is an active member of the club and the family is always volunteering at the club. The dad was there, and the difficult decision to re-draw the bow was made. It was the only right decision.

Finally, the logistic nightmare to contact the winners, and organise the distribution of prizes is probably another reason why they prefer this system. However, this year, if you won on the Saturday, you had until the next day to claim your prize.

I intend to be more and more involved in the organisation of events from the Sagittarius Archery Club. And like all others, I will not be paid for any of this. Decision on how we will run the events will be made by those involved in the process. If you feel strongly about certain issues, feel free to join the group. We welcome people who like to pay it forward.

Absolutely right there Stephane (I can't do that funny "e") In no way was my previous post a criticism of the way they run it. I always had fun at the event. And I know the rules state you have to be there to win, and I wasn't. My bad, I'll not make that mistake again. Hope you all had fun though.

greybark
01-16-2012, 10:49 PM
:-DWell done Abby F&G , a well organized and run event . This event is really the start of the NEW 3-D year and what a great start .
I over did it with five rounds on Sat and ended up dragging my feet a little .
My nine year Grandson with his trusty Longbow placed Third !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers