PDA

View Full Version : 8 Buck morning

Bigbuckadams
10-06-2006, 11:33 AM
Hi all, just got back a little while ago from this mornings nature viewing. Saw 1/2 dozen mulie does, about 15 whitetail does and 8 whitetail bucks. Best morning out so far this year, although I've only got out 4 or 5 times ......argh:mad:. One spike, one little 2-point , 4 -4X4's, a 5X5 with short tines, but he had a decent spread and main beams. The other one may have been a shooter, but I need better optics I guess, couldn't make out if he was a 4 or a 5 point. Nice height, main beams and spread, couldn't pull the trigger...waiting for a monster. Hope I don't regret it :lol: . Hope my camera gets here soon, watched these bucks for a long time, woulda made for some nice pic's. Tomorrow is another day. Good luck this weekend all!!!

Murder
10-06-2006, 12:45 PM
You are allowed 2 deer you know. If I was you, there would be a deer at the butchers hanging right now. And that part about needing better optics is probably true, but you coulda had a real good look if he was lying dead. Just my .02 cents. Good on ya though fro holding out. Hope you get the monster you are after.

mark
10-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Well you got me beat! My best day so far this week is 7 bucks! 5 whiteys 2-4 pointers all small, and a 3 and a 4 point mulie! All in a 1 hour hike! No quad trails within 500 yards. Should be a good season in k-town! I too holding for da bigguns!

30-06
10-06-2006, 09:40 PM
noice find BigBuckAdams

Bigbuckadams
10-07-2006, 04:31 AM
Let us hope that it is a good year in K-Town this year Marc :smile: . If my mulie can look anything like your Avatar, I'd be one happy camper! Best was last year, about 160-ish, never have had it scored, only entered my rough #'s into B&C website ( fairly accurate, but probably not exact ) and came up with a tad over 160. Going to try a different spot this morning. Only ten days of work from now 'til Nov.26th, love the long seasons :smile: .

mark
10-07-2006, 09:56 AM
You are allowed 2 deer you know. If I was you, there would be a deer at the butchers hanging right now. And that part about needing better optics is probably true, but you coulda had a real good look if he was lying dead. Just my .02 cents. Good on ya though fro holding out. Hope you get the monster you are after.

We are only allowed 1 mulie and 1 whitey here. So the second ya dump one, the hunt for that species is over :-( . Here in k-town, the hunting gets better by the day, so it pays to wait as long as ya can if ya want a brute!

rocksteady
10-07-2006, 10:04 AM
I have to drive from my house to my winter pasture up in Gold Creek every morning to feed my horses, twice a day...Every day I saw a bachelor band of whitetail bucks in someones drive way..There are 6 bucks running together...Smallest is a 3 by 3, but there is a pig of a 5 by 6....Just can't hunt it cause I have not got permission yet....

Its about 3 kms one way and yesterday I saw 19 whiteys, and 11 ere bucks,,,EVEN THOUGH i CAN'T SHOOT THEM, THEY SURE KEEP THE HUNTING BUG AT RED ALERT, the one thing I like better than bagging a buck like one of these is to see them roaming in their natural habitat.....

Maybe I will take my digi camera and tryo to get some pics for you guys....

Bigbuckadams
10-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Sounds like a fun little drive rock:lol: . Pics would be great, I should be getting my digicam this coming week ( hope & pray ). Only saw 7 bucks this a.m.:frown: , 4 mulies, nothing to write home about, 2 2-points and a couple 3 points. 3 whitey bucks, all 4X4's, one will be real good next year if he makes it, watched him and his buddy for about 10 minutes @ 40 yards. I have a buddy coming up from Van for tomorrow morning, he's never shot a deer, so if we see one of the smaller bucks....he'll be in trouble:twisted:. About 25 mulie does and 5 whitetail does. Also about 30 chickens, mainly blues.
Off to my grand-daughter's baptism, have a great night everyone:lol: .