PDA

View Full Version : Creston 4-06C

lip_ripper00
01-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Leaving Sat morning to try to fill my anterless elk tag. We have a couple of contacts to hunt private land, I have my permits required and am looking forward to the adventure. If anyone can add a hunting contact please post up or PM me. Anyone from the area want to meet up have a pop and BS, let me know how to get a hold of you. I have hunted north, but never, South East and am looking forward to the trip. Any info from weather to good places to eat! thanks guys Steve

K-1
01-10-2012, 12:03 AM
You should stop in at the local sporting good shop, it's on the main road through town. The old guy that rums it has a lot of knowledge of that area.

hunter1947
01-10-2012, 02:27 AM
Good luck with your hunt looking forward to the story and pictures..

NaStY
01-14-2012, 10:05 PM
K guys thats really helpful. I love this site. There are so many people willing to help........

Amphibious
01-14-2012, 10:15 PM
there is a coffee shop on the main drag, right across the street from the Pub/hotel has awesome breakfasts and good coffee. The Thai food at the one hotel (Spanish name?) is pretty awesome too.

vortex hunter
01-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Yeah Good Luck on that Elk hunt....

jtred
01-14-2012, 11:13 PM
There are an incredible number of elk in the valley right now. Huge herds! The Creston Valley Wildlife management area is a good place to hunt if you're looking for public land. You need a permit to hunt there($10) which can picked up at the local Service BC here in town. They have a great map of the CVWMA which you get with the permit. Just be prepared to get your animal out by muscle power since the area is closed to vehicle access. There are some farmers willing to let you hunt, I've just not had to. I've been successful in that draw two years in a row and I got both up on Goat mtn. Access up there would be sketchy at best, what with the ice on the FSR's. Both my draws where for November. Good luck on your hunt, best wildgame meat out there(well I'm pretty impressed by it anyhow). If you're looking for a really good butcher, Famous Fritz's can not be beat. A true german Metzger, an artist. Check out his shop on Northwest Blvd he sells sandwich meats, smokies, sausage,everything. The Kootenai Thai restaurant does excellent meals, And Renee's down on #21 at the old Stavro's has breakfast for $5 and you can skip lunch. Enjoy the valley it's a paradise. PM me if you want more info.

snowriver
01-15-2012, 01:43 PM
I have been to Creston many times. Always got great service and food at Jimmy's pub and grill. I think Dometri makes the best steak in town. Lots of hunting info if you let the patrons know what you are after. it is a small town and there always seems to be someone that knows a farmer that would like an elk or two removed from their property.