PDA

View Full Version : Duck calling DVD's

Cdn-Redneck
01-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Primos and Knight and Hale have DVDs for instructional duck calling, both come with calls. the Knight and Hale one come with two calls and the Primos one comes with the wench call. Would one be any better than the other? Next season will be my first season since about 1984. I just fell out of it and now I want to get back at it.

Ian F.
01-08-2012, 10:25 AM
wench is a great call! The dvd will be basic, the best CD's I found were RNT's, but that was when youtube was in it's infancy, you may want to spend some time there...

WaderGator
01-08-2012, 11:16 AM
I bought the primos wench call and dvd package a few years back. The wench call is definitely better than the knight and hale but still pretty cheaply made. My buddy has the Knight and Hale and spends more time swearing at the thing than actually calling out of it because it sticks so much. The primos dvd is entertaining but I think your better off to hit up youtube for actual instructional videos. I use a zink power hen 1 and its been really good for me after a bit of tuning and you can get it for $30.

Foxton Gundogs
01-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Primos and Knight and Hale have DVDs for instructional duck calling, both come with calls. the Knight and Hale one come with two calls and the Primos one comes with the wench call. Would one be any better than the other? Next season will be my first season since about 1984. I just fell out of it and now I want to get back at it.
I have never seen the Knight and Hale calling video but I am not a big fan of their calls The Primos one is pretty good and I think they make a better call. IMO

lorneparker1
01-08-2012, 12:27 PM
10's of thousands of ducks have died to a primos wench. Great cheap, easy to blow call. I agree with ian as far as you tube goes, however after you learn the basics, I would get an itunes or cd instructional and carry your calls in your vehicle. Best time to practice imo.

Foxton Gundogs
01-08-2012, 12:53 PM
10's of thousands of ducks have died to a primos wench. Great cheap, easy to blow call. I agree with ian as far as you tube goes, however after you learn the basics, I would get an itunes or cd instructional and carry your calls in your vehicle. Best time to practice imo.

Good CALL lorne lol

WaderGator
01-08-2012, 01:45 PM
oh boy...haha

Foxton Gundogs
01-08-2012, 01:59 PM
oh boy...haha

SORRY cant kill things this am so just bored.

field marshal
01-08-2012, 03:10 PM
I've had a few calls in my day!! Not a real big fan of calling!! I've yet to see any of my calls kill anything?? How do you train them to kill??
Then again What do I Know?????----Cheers----Field Marshal.

Foxton Gundogs
01-08-2012, 03:14 PM
I've had a few calls in my day!! Not a real big fan of calling!! I've yet to see any of my calls kill anything?? How do you train them to kill??
Then again What do I Know?????----Cheers----Field Marshal.

Now that`s funny right there!!lol

glonditagelia
01-08-2012, 05:39 PM
supra zapatillas (http://www.zapatillassupra.eu) http://www.zapatillassupra.eu

longshot
01-08-2012, 07:11 PM
I run a RNT Shortbarrel, and learned everything I know about properly using a single reed call using a duck calling CD from Carlsons Championship Calls. Its a 2 disc set and I highly recommend it as after listening to it a few times I have the basics down pat... it is very descriptive and almost seems like the narrator is instructing you in person! Captures everything from the way to use your air and how to use your hands and the calls that ducks make.. Love it. You can find the CD set at Canadian Waterfowlers Pro Shop, they too have many good but inexpensive calls to choose from.

Good luck!

Mr. Dean
01-09-2012, 02:21 AM
I have the Primos package.

It's good to get ya going on learning the basics.
And we all know that crawling comes before walking.

Money well spent imo.

Dutch
01-09-2012, 04:51 AM
I use the same rnt call and agree ....

303Brit
01-09-2012, 04:10 PM

Not everyone spends 6hrs a day driving around in a minivan, ;) but it's sound advice

lorneparker1
01-09-2012, 08:41 PM
^^^^^ true, or they could just buy a shaker like you and never learn to call!

Crazy_Farmer
01-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Lorne, we got this older mojo that had a real good wobble to it. I figure I could attach a shaker to it and it'd work. Not sure if that would constitute an electronic caller though?? Hahahahah!!

303Brit
01-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Lorne, we got this older mojo that had a real good wobble to it. I figure I could attach a shaker to it and it'd work. Not sure if that would constitute an electronic caller though?? Hahahahah!!

Now that's funny rite dere
http://media.ticketmaster.com/tm/en-ca/dbimages/46411a

303Brit
01-09-2012, 10:32 PM
^^^^^ true, or they could just buy a shaker like you and never learn to call!

I got something better then a call, I got a guy that can yankee doodle and call cheeks without dekes :tongue: when that fails I got this guy that does these crazy mouth calls

branthunter
01-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Just to add some perspective to this thread, I don't use a duck call at all----and, just to give that significance , I rarely come home without a limit, or close to it.

Cdn-Redneck
01-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Last time I hunted ducks we could still hunt along Mud Bay and boundary bay foreshore too. It has been awhile.

f350ps
01-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Just to add some perspective to this thread, I don't use a duck call at all----and, just to give that significance , I rarely come home without a limit, or close to it.

Me either, and haven't for about 5 yrs! Interesting,and I thought I was the only one. :) K

lorneparker1
01-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Well hopefully when we grow up we can be as good as you guys!

f350ps
01-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Nobody said I was good, maybe it's more to do with knowing when yer not good, I wish more guys could figure that out! K

91Jason91
01-10-2012, 11:48 PM
Now that`s funny right there!!lol

lol funny stuff

branthunter
01-11-2012, 01:27 PM
:D:grin:
Well hopefully when we grow up we can be as good as you guys!

Not a chance :-D