PDA

View Full Version : Handicap Hunting

Ironball
01-07-2012, 07:13 PM
So i was watching the Canadian Tradition today and i noticed that a disabled hunter from last years show took a prong horn antelope ( In Alberta ). He was in a side by side ATV and must have took the shot from the atv since both of his legs were amputated from the knee down. Since it a offence to shoot from a vechicle in B.C what does the MOE and the Transportation Act do for handicap hunters. Are they actually expected to get of their vehicles to take a shot. Your thoughts?
Kevin

d6dan
01-07-2012, 07:16 PM
We get issued a Disabled Hunting Permit.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/pasb/applications/docs/disabled_hunting_app.pdf

Jelvis
01-07-2012, 07:21 PM
I have a disabled person I know that has very low eyesight, could I shoot the animal for that person?

d6dan
01-07-2012, 07:37 PM
I have a disabled person I know that has very low eyesight, could I shoot the animal for that person?

Not sure, I didn't see anywhere in the form regarding eye sight. Call the MOE up and ask..

The Dawg
01-07-2012, 07:47 PM

Yes . Go for it. In fact, next time I forget my glasses, I'm gonna get my buddy to shoot it.
Good idea.

Jelvis
01-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Noah that was uncalled for, a little low blow? There are no dumb questions to ask on HBC butt I see like yours there are dumb answers. Or uncalled for sarcasm.
Jel..0 .. lol...I have a question can I shoot or another way of saying it, the visual impaired individual wants to hunt but can't see too far.

elkdom
01-07-2012, 08:03 PM

I have friend,,, very,very "cross eyed" the unfortunate fellow,,,,

he gets me to shoot for him, he just has trouble whether he wants me to shoot the LEFT deer or the RIGHT deer ! :?

kendoo
01-08-2012, 05:43 PM
noahdawg arn't you supposed to be buffalo hunting?