PDA

View Full Version : Snow level and conditions up the Squamish Main?

One Shot
01-07-2012, 01:10 PM
With all this warm weather I know around town the snow levels are about halfway up the hill side but does any one know if the road is passable up the Squamish main? Would like to go to at least the Elaho..

TheProvider
01-07-2012, 02:20 PM
I imagine it is open, I havent been down the squamish main but snow level in squamish are high. Was out yesturday to check cams and theres no snow left at the elevation of my cams. Prolly around 1800' so you should be clear to the elaho forsure

seanps
01-08-2012, 02:21 PM
No way! That's surprising for this time of year. Maybe I'll take a trip up to do some very-very-very early pre-season scouting.

TheProvider
01-08-2012, 04:55 PM
never to early to scout :D....

Merch
01-08-2012, 08:26 PM
I was up the valley on the 2nd. There is a sign at pull out (around 23 mile), that said the road was closed for active logging. Didnt see any logging after there but the road was covered in snow with the exception of the ruts. Made it to 30 mile before I turned around. It was 2 degrees up there and just starting to rain/snow when I left.

TheProvider
01-08-2012, 09:37 PM
I was up the valley on the 2nd. There is a sign at pull out (around 23 mile), that said the road was closed for active logging. Didnt see any logging after there but the road was covered in snow with the exception of the ruts. Made it to 30 mile before I turned around. It was 2 degrees up there and just starting to rain/snow when I left.

Was plus 9 the other day and rain for three days straight since the 2nd

One Shot
01-09-2012, 01:46 AM
We went up there today. Road was bare basically to mile 32, then started to hit snow. Got to mile 33 and the snow was wet and real heavy about a foot deep. Tough going outside of the tracks so we turned around at BR800 not knowing what lay ahead. We anticipated deeper and heavier snow ahead due to how fast the snow came up on us on the road. I think the elevation there was 525'. 2 degees there this afternoon and 8 in Squamish.

seanps
01-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the update.

That sign at Mile 23 is (I believe) a leftover from when the road was closed due to flooding for a few days in the fall.