PDA

View Full Version : Chilliwack ?

Duck Tales
01-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Yup we're buying a home in the wack in the next 4-6 months. I will still commute to Ladner every now and then but will not be able to make it a regular thing. Sad to leave Delta but we can not afford to buy a full size house out this way... so Chilliwack it is. I would like to know what the waterfowl scene out there is like and if there is any public areas for waterfowlin' since I will not now the same lanowner/farmers out there. Any comments , tips or advice will be welcome. Thank you

keoke
01-03-2012, 07:56 PM
I know how you feel, if I can find a job out that way I will be moving there too.

WaderGator
01-03-2012, 10:54 PM
i'm looking at doing the same thing in the next year or two. Maybe i'll be hitting you up for info/hunting buddy when i make the big move haha

pnbrock
01-03-2012, 10:57 PM
Why do you want to live in the whack?langley is way nicer middle to wack and vancouver.

Duck Tales
01-03-2012, 11:50 PM
Ya Langley is OK but the wife's transfer for work has already gone through and you can get alot more for your money in the wack, town house/ condo wouldn't really suit our life style plus my inlaws are moving out there and thats our FREE child care, with out that there would be no point in my wife going to work IMO real estate in B.C. is way out of line. My cousin lives in Saskabush and bought his place 7 years ago for 40 K, good size house on a few acres and said he could get me a job drivin oil tanker trucks.... Corner Gas is all the Saskatchewan I need though LOL... so the wack it is

cloverphil
01-04-2012, 01:05 AM
I'd say try looking in Aldergrove which is growing and your home value will go up faster than in Chilliwack.

wos
01-04-2012, 08:38 AM
I moved to Chilliwack about 5 years ago from Burnaby. Best thing I ever did. lots of waterfowl hunting public and privet land.

Duck Tales
01-04-2012, 02:50 PM
I wasn't asking for real estate opinions, Chilliwack is final I thought I made that clear in my last reply thanks for the input anyhow. I was asking for waterfowl hunting areas out that way scince it will be tuff to hunt the private fields in Ladner as much. Thanks WOS that gives me some hope can you send me a PM with a little more info. And anyone else who has info in that area send it on through. Thank you

Fella
01-05-2012, 06:07 PM
I haven't hunted waterfowl, but from what I've heard from buddies who do hunt, the best thing to do is get into a farmers good books and you'll have your own private field to hunt on.