PDA

View Full Version : Final hunt of 2011

Tanya
12-31-2011, 03:19 PM
Had to work this morning so I joined John (shotgunjohn) and Marc (Mr. Administrator) at the swamp after the calves were all fed and tucked in for the day.

Sporatic would be a good word to describe the action, but all in all a good day's haul.

Here we have pack horse Robichaud with a few of the day's birds.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/TRV58/PackhorseRobichaud.jpg

The fun is over and the work begins.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/TRV58/Gooddayattheswamp.jpg

Ddog
12-31-2011, 03:25 PM
man o man,, i am so jealous!!! i see a couple of great big green heads that may have been up for mounting for me.
good shooting team!!!
PS,,if ever you want to trade a hunt i am here in the EK!!! just waiting for an opportunity to go for them ducks and geese!!
cheers....D

cavebear
12-31-2011, 03:27 PM
Congrats, A very impressive haul, :)

nano
12-31-2011, 03:27 PM
Nice shooting, best of luck in the new year!

fearnodeer
12-31-2011, 03:30 PM
Wow looks like ya got the whole flock.

TheProvider
12-31-2011, 03:37 PM
good way to end the 2011 season, bring on 2012

fowlweather
12-31-2011, 03:51 PM
looks great guys. cant wait to get back to the outback soon and kill some birds

tomahawk
12-31-2011, 04:47 PM
Nice bird mix, thanks for sharin Tanya!!

Trailmaster
12-31-2011, 05:00 PM
I hope my first day of 2012 is as good!

Foxton Gundogs
12-31-2011, 06:05 PM
Nice shoot guys Happy New Year Tight Lines Full Bags for 2012

Islandeer
12-31-2011, 06:22 PM
Nice shooting,that Marc comes in handy sometimes! Happy New LEH !!!

longshot
12-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Hey guys it looks like you had a great hunt today! I sure hope so from all the shooting we were hearing from all the way across the valley! ;)

I dont know if you guys could "hear" us but my dad and I had a good day too. We were hunting geese and we got into them pretty good! I even doubled on a beautiful pair of drake northern lards for a bonus to the bag! :D

Happy New Years you 3!,

longshot jr.

Marc
12-31-2011, 06:53 PM
HWas a great day afield, you know you're having fun when you look at your watch and it's 12;45pm and you thought it was around 10;00am. It was a nice relaxing way to finish off my Christmas vacation and a chance to get away from everything and just enjoy the day for what it had to offer with some great friends.

The first goose of the morning lands into the decoys, I figure I'll run out 10 yards and let him have it when he gets airborne, well shit Marshall breaks from the blind when he sees me run and he's between me and the goose so I had no choice but to let him fly, giving the dog a couple of nicks on the e-collar as we run back for cover. We hit the calls hard and the stupid goose does a circle around us and comes back over John and I to try and join the spread again. Who would have thought that there would still be geese that stupid this late in the season, lucky for us I guess.:mrgreen: Tanya ended up getting another one of his brothers as it swooped right into us while John was out chasing a crippled duck with his dog.

Here is a short clip from my Iphone of Marshall making a retrieve on an icy flooded field, I wish I had turned the phone sideways to get the panoramic view instead of the one I got but oh well you get the idea. It was just frozen enough that it hurt your shins when you walked through it, but still not strong enough to hold the dogs weight. The ducks could stand or run on it so it made for some interesting retrieveHi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Xt_ZaTDk9S4

Foxton Gundogs
12-31-2011, 07:26 PM
Was a great day afield, you know you're having fun when you look at your watch and it's 12;45am and you thought it was around 10;00am. It was a nice relaxing way to finish off my Christmas vacation and a chance to get away from everything and just enjoy the day for what it had to offer with some great friends.

The first goose of the morning lands into the decoys, I figure I'll run out 10 yards and let him have it when he gets airborne, well shit Marshall breaks from the blind when he sees me run and he's between me and the goose so I had no choice but to let him fly, giving the dog a couple of nicks on the e-collar as we run back for cover. We hit the calls hard and the stupid goose does a circle around us and comes back over John and I to try and join the spread again. Who would have thought that there would still be geese that stupid this late in the season, lucky for us I guess.:mrgreen: Tanya ended up getting another one of his brothers as it swooped right into us while John was out chasing a crippled duck with his dog.

Here is a short clip from my Iphone of Marshall making a retrieve on an icy flooded field, I wish I had turned the phone sideways to get the panoramic view instead of the one I got but oh well you get the idea. It was just frozen enough that it hurt your shins when you walked through it, but still not strong enough to hold the dogs weight. The ducks could stand or run on it so it made for some interesting retrieves.

Little early or would that be late for shooting light isn't it.......Sorry couldnt resist great shoot lots more to come in '12

Marc
12-31-2011, 07:51 PM
I always get messed up between noon and midnight, been working off a 24 hour clock most of my life.

Swamp mule
12-31-2011, 09:49 PM
Man i remember them days loading up on ducks and geese. That explains why the calves and hefiers were always late being fed and my dad was hounding me. I had other priorities shooting the waterfolw out of the ponds behind the barn. Congrats guys Nice haul

aliagha
12-31-2011, 10:15 PM
good job guys!! Wish you a Happy new year!

Tanya
01-02-2012, 10:39 AM
That was Marshall's Tiny Tim dance - "Tiptoe through the ice fields."

aggiehunter
01-02-2012, 07:35 PM
I love seeing farm trucks put to good use...

Tanya
01-03-2012, 06:46 AM
I love seeing farm trucks put to good use...

Yes, a nice change from milk pails, sacks of grain, etc... We have a very fine collection of such pics ranging from a lot of waterfowling days to cougar, bear, and deer.