PDA

View Full Version : Any one fish Red Lake this week.

lovemywinchester
12-30-2011, 11:54 AM
We are heading to Red tomorrow. Any one fish it this week? Ice depth?Fishing hot? Thanks guys and should be a shit show there tomorrow.

RiverBear
12-30-2011, 12:36 PM
I was there on tuesday after noon and got three pound and a halfers and put back one small one. was fishing just off the island in around 15feet of water. jig with power bait trout nuggets. Was a good day seen lots of fish swimming around had to lift the jig away from some of the small ones.
http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff401/RiverBear21/032.jpg

Went there again yesterday with the wife it was a lot slower than tuesday seen maybe a dozen fish, they didn't want to bite any of my baits. I lost two and the wife lost one. When they did take the bait it was a really soft take so you need to see them take and set right away.

Good luck be ready there's some real hogs in there.

lovemywinchester
12-30-2011, 04:00 PM
I was there on tuesday after noon and got three pound and a halfers and put back one small one. was fishing just off the island in around 15feet of water. jig with power bait trout nuggets. Was a good day seen lots of fish swimming around had to lift the jig away from some of the small ones.
http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff401/RiverBear21/032.jpg

Went there again yesterday with the wife it was a lot slower than tuesday seen maybe a dozen fish, they didn't want to bite any of my baits. I lost two and the wife lost one. When they did take the bait it was a really soft take so you need to see them take and set right away.

Good luck be ready there's some real hogs in there.

Cool, thanks. I know there are some monster rainbows in there. Looking to load up on brookies for the freezer. One of the best eating fish in BC and they are not even from here! A big bow would be a bonus. I heard of a 15 lber from Red this summer. Better bring the 8 inch auger.

beni
12-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Hows the Ice up there? I would like to go soon, haven't been out yet.

RiverBear
12-30-2011, 10:25 PM
10-12 inch ice with a couple inches of snow on top, guys had there quads and snowmobile out there

BigfishCanada
01-07-2012, 11:02 AM
The big rainbows taste like crap, why would you even want to keep one if your not getting it TAX'd for the wall?

The 3lb brooks taste great, if you get a 5lb+ rainbow let them swim away so I can catch and release them one day!

sparkes3
01-07-2012, 08:20 PM
could someone pm me directions to red lake from kamloops.
just so i have something else besides backroad map book.