PDA

View Full Version : I got a buck!

cowboy-up69
10-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Well everyone, bagged myself a small 3 pt this evening, about an hour before dark. I just got home now and its 9:45, 15 minutes before I start work! Haha. But I get off at 6am, so hopefully by about 7am 2morrow morning, I'll have a story and pics for ya'll!

jessbennett
10-03-2006, 09:49 PM
good on ya...... congrads, looking forward to pics and story

kishman
10-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Nice job fella, can't wait to see the pics.8)

cowboy-up69
10-04-2006, 06:23 AM
Alrighty, I dont have my digi cam cause I left it at my buddies, but I'll get pics up by 3pm!!! This is how the story goes! I picked up my buddy (Rob C. on here) about 4pm to go look for some of them elk. We head up into an area which is called China Creek. Didnt see much happenin, only one grouse so I decided to let Rob drive for a bit. Sittin over in the passenger seat in your own truck feels weird haha. But I thought it would be a good idea, cause maybe I would get to spot more animals, which in this case, I was wrong. We were nearing the end of the road, and daylight, as Rob stopped suddenly and backed up, says "Buck!!" So I popped outta the truck, load up find a solid rest. Loook, I dont see antlers, so I zoomed in (which was about 300 yards), I was like WOW, hes a heavy 4pt so I zoomed out and KABOOM goes the new Savage 300 win mag I just bought on friday! I see the bucks ass end pop up and down. I knew I hit him good. So we had a 5 min break, and started to go look for him. We spooked 2 does that were in a little gully that we couldnt see from the road. Keep goin, keeping in mind I was going straight from the truck to where I saw him, and Rob was about 50 yards to my left. I get to where I saw him last, LOTSA BLOOD! Good sign, and lotsa lung and heart tissue EVERYWHERE! Look down in this tiny little valley, there he was, about 10 yards from where I shot him! Blood everywhere, hit him in the lungs, and got part of the heart. From up top, I couldnt see any antlers, so I thought SHIT! I shot a doe, then get closer, ooooh, a 2 pt, and then pull his head out from behind a small spruce tree and found he was a small 3 pt. Not bad size to him, the rack isnt bad, and the body isnt bad either! Couldnt go wrong with him. I dont know how I mistaked him for a heavy 4 pt though. He shrunk as we got up to him. :P So we drug him back to the truck, which took about an hour, gutted him on the side of the road, loaded him up and was back to town at 9:45, hung him, skinned him and cleaned him up in about an hour. I ended up being an hour late for work, but it was no big deal. I'll get the pics off my cam, and my buddies later on after he gets outta school. Sorry about the delay!
Now, the question is, does anyone on here know of an awesome butcher for gettin pepperoni, jerky and sausage done at?? Im lookin in the penticton/merritt/kamloops/kelowna areas? Any help would be appreciated!

Fred
10-04-2006, 09:20 AM
See Doug in Hedley. 8) Fred

Bigbuckadams
10-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Congrats on your buck Cowboy! I've tried two different butchers in Kelowna/Lake Country area, Hank Penninga on Enterprise Way in Kelowna Phone # 862-3098 and Uwe ( Spelling? ) @ Sundowner Meats in Lake Country on Beaver Lake road Phone # 766-4463. I used to swear by Hank, but the past 2 he has done for me were not to my liking and he messed up my order. Uwe did up my mulie last year and the pepperoni & summer sausage were very well done :lol: . He did some jerky up for my brother 2 years ago and it was very good also. Hope that helps you out!

30-06
10-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Ray Sanger in p-dot

cowboy-up69
10-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Well heres the pics. They suck cause my cam sucks, but not bad. The rack looks wayyy bigger in the pics then up close and personal lol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/cmare8/guns004.jpg
Rob C trying to act tougher then the deer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/cmare8/guns007.jpg
Me with my monster muley!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/cmare8/guns008.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/cmare8/guns009.jpg

mainland hunter
10-04-2006, 01:10 PM
nice going. congrats

rollingrock
10-04-2006, 01:20 PM
:D That's exactly how I want to pose in front of camera too! Nice buck!

Wildman
10-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Nice buck, good job.

3kills
10-04-2006, 05:44 PM
hey cliff try sportsman processing in kamloops only thing is they dont do the sauseage till like january cuz they are so busy with cuttin during the fall....another good spot is the tru retail meat program in kamloops....or helmuts sauseage kitchen in vernon....

MattB
10-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Sportsmans is super busy right now. My dad wanted to drop off his immy bull and had to wait a day to get it in there. Theyve been turning guys away left and right, but you never know!

johnes50
10-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Congrats! Nice buck and good bullet placement too. John

Thunderstix
10-05-2006, 07:02 AM
Right on man!

dana
10-05-2006, 07:35 AM
Way to get er done. Congrats!

gary mok
10-05-2006, 08:28 AM
way to go cliff,Congrats!!!how many bucks you guys got this season so far ? 2 bucks??? too bad can't go with you,which one is you ? topless or dressed in cammo ? it was so bloody,you made a mess bud,LOL........