PDA

View Full Version : Question asked and answered!

Foxton Gundogs
12-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Well 1st go back at it after Christmas, there are great days, and there are good days and then there are the days tha,t after popping skitish singles for 6 hrs, have you asking yourself, are you a recreational duck hunter or are you a waterfowl junkie. But really you already know the answer because if you weren't a hard core waterfowl junkie with no hope of rehab you would have headed off for a soft chair in a warm dry place with fresh hot coffee. Instead there you are standing in the mud and rain drinking luke warm coffee and saying "well just another hour"........again and again till legal shooting light has past and you are picking up decoys in the gathering darkness.

I decided to give the P350 a Christmas break and take the Ruger out for a test drive and when I conected my first shot on a fast flying hen mallard buzzing the decoys I was not sory I did. It was a long cold wet day we worked hard for every duck we conned into investigating our happily feeding "flock" and the birds stacked up slowly 1 at a time. They were very warry and there were more shooters on the marsh that 1 day than I had seen all season combined.
After a full day in the blind we managed a mixed bag of Mallards and Widgeon. It eas way to dark for pix at the marsh so took a couple this am berore the feathers came off.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n499/FoxtonGundogs/DSC02657.jpg?t=1325120278

field marshal
12-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Good perserverance Jim??? The Redlegs are finally back in our fields after last nights hard rain!!:-D We pounded them good!!:mrgreen: Cheers--Field Marshal.

Foxton Gundogs
12-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Good for you Tony, water starting to gather here as well and ducks were in the fields this afternoon so will be building a blind on the fenceline soon.

lorneparker1
12-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Well done sir. We hunted in 4-6 foot swells coming back yesterday with pretty big crashers coming over the bow. IT was good times..... i think !! hahaha

Crazy_Farmer
12-28-2011, 07:20 PM
I think the captain had most of the fun, the 2nd mate took a little water on hahahaha

Nice picture, and some nice ducks in there too!

Foxton Gundogs
12-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Well done sir. We hunted in 4-6 foot swells coming back yesterday with pretty big crashers coming over the bow. IT was good times..... i think !! hahaha

U sure thats not called SURFING Lorne???