PDA

View Full Version : My Mule deer + whitetails mounts

358mag
12-24-2011, 11:58 PM
=http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t32/JGrimes_2007/P1000217.jpg

Davey Crockett
12-25-2011, 12:04 AM
Very nice collection indeed. How wide are those lower two mulies? They both look well over 30"! Must have been something to see them trotting around.

willyqbc
12-25-2011, 12:05 AM
Very nice collection you have there!! ......Man I wish I had high ceilings like that in my place!!!

Chris

ianwuzhere
12-25-2011, 12:05 AM
WOW them mulies are incredibly wide!! Very nice mounts..
Are those B.C. mulies??

Darksith
12-25-2011, 12:37 AM
maybe even outta the US?

KB90
12-25-2011, 01:15 AM
maybe even outta the US?

That would be my guess!

ufishifish2
12-25-2011, 02:47 AM
I sure would like to have one of those monsters in my crosshairs one day, but I think I'll have to travel pretty far for quality like that!

dave_fras
12-25-2011, 07:23 AM
they look like a couple arizona strip bucks!!!... just some whoppers!!

hunter1947
12-25-2011, 07:37 AM
Very nice display..

Blainer
12-25-2011, 07:48 AM
Great representation of some fine looking wide Mulies!!

The Dude
12-25-2011, 07:56 AM
I've never seen a Mulie that wide in all my years hunting in BC, they truly are some fine trophies. WOW! :D

oldkoot
12-25-2011, 08:14 AM
Awesome

Looks like someone has been hunting Mt. Scaia

kennyj
12-25-2011, 08:53 AM
All I can say is WOW!
kenny

Stone Sheep Steve
12-25-2011, 09:11 AM
Geesh..358 mag posting pictures?? Must got into the Christmas cheer pretty hard last night:-D.
I feel a gutpile stampede a brewing! No wait...that's just my coffee/carolines kicking in:?.

Some real dandies there, 358 mag!
Mounted south of the border?

SSS

snareman1234
12-25-2011, 09:13 AM
These must be Reg 8 bucks....they ALL look like that here.

pronghorn
12-25-2011, 09:16 AM
Very nice collection for sure,thanks for sharing

TIKKA TIGER
12-25-2011, 10:17 AM
That's an awesome display of trophy animals and it must be nice to have the room to display them. Just one of those mules is a once in a lifetime buck and you have 3 of them. Congratulations on harvesting such fine animals and thanks for sharing the pics. with us. I'm in awe!!!

deer nut
12-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Incredible wide muleys & very nice display. Are these bucks from BC? Where? Any hunt stories to go with?

David Heitsman
12-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Ditto, Ditto, Ditto. I'm guessing Wyoming?

bruin
12-25-2011, 11:01 AM
Some awesome bucks!

Rackmastr
12-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Wow......simply WOW!!!

killer
12-25-2011, 11:29 AM
That looks like killers trophy room not .wow awsome collection.

pistolpete
12-25-2011, 12:26 PM
wow! all bc bucks???

tracker
12-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Awsome mounts for sure ,all are once in a lifetime bucks for many hunters.. But I REALY would like to see his elk mounts .. Please don't hold back now !! oh and maybe a sheep or two.. Merry christmas

Stone Sheep Steve
12-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Ditto, Ditto, Ditto. I'm guessing Wyoming?

I'm guessing right here in BC.

SSS

Ourea
12-25-2011, 03:00 PM
................... you should see his kid's wall ..... ;);););)

coach
12-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Wow!!! Very impressive. Thanks for posting. It would be great to hear the stories.

scottwh
12-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Holy smokes! Doesnt matter where their from... Sweet coolection ya got there :)

uraarchr
12-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Wow.Nice collection.Nice display.

Rattler
12-25-2011, 04:53 PM
A very nice collection. Great taxidermy as well...

I guess BC.

markt308
12-25-2011, 05:04 PM
sanora mexico, just a guess on the wide ones. killer animals either way

southpaw
12-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Awesome bucks. I can't wait to find just one mulie like those in my crosshairs. Impressive.

David Heitsman
12-26-2011, 11:43 AM
sanora mexico, just a guess on the wide ones.

The bottom right looks like some Sonoran genes maybe with the weak mass and real laid out stretch to it but the upper two don't look very Hispanic to me.

(I'm leaving for Sonora in exactly one week and would luv to see one that looks like any of them! Be nice to see a good Coues too.)

Tikka270
12-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Looks like my trophy room on cabela's outdoor adventures.

MIL720
12-26-2011, 11:58 AM
All of them there bucks are CLEARWATER bucks..... nice collection

mark
12-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Some beauty bucks, regardless where they are from.....

matt420
12-26-2011, 01:37 PM
they look amazing, thanks for sharing :)

Trophyslayer
12-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Love those wide mulies

BCrams
12-26-2011, 06:54 PM
Great mulies and white-tails!! Tough to beat wide bucks like that! Congrats.

Jelvis
12-26-2011, 07:37 PM
I seen dana with that wide one up in Clearwater years ago I think it was him, looked like em
Jel .. I think the other ones are from Colorado and New Mexico?

Weatherby Fan
12-26-2011, 07:46 PM
Those are definitely Clearwater bucks,I passed up on 2 of those one's holding for a keeper a few years back while hunting there :wink:

WOW nice collection of deer without a dought,don't much matter where they're from.

REMINGTON JIM
12-26-2011, 07:55 PM
Just took the dogs for a walk in the fresh 2" of snow - bunch of deer in the yard - couple of the bucks were wider and taller then those - i only ever get them here after the season is over wonder why ?

tangozulu
12-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Pretty sure saw same pic on another site................mexican deer i believe.

REMINGTON JIM
12-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Just took the dogs for a walk in the fresh 2" of snow - bunch of deer in the yard - couple of the bucks were wider and taller then those - i only ever get them here after the season is over wonder why ?

Thought i would get a couple of WTF but nothing- dissapointed ! Ok there was 2 bucks both small 2 points - oh well !

Weatherby Fan
12-26-2011, 10:07 PM
LMAO your to far west Jim,everyone knows the only bucks like that in BC are in Clearwater !

bogman
12-26-2011, 10:16 PM
LMAO your to far west Jim,everyone knows the only bucks like that in BC are in Clearwater !

If your on here who's on WATCH

Weatherby Fan
12-26-2011, 10:31 PM
If your on here who's on WATCH

Bogman,can't you see were talkin big bucks here,by the way where's the picture of that Monster that was shot in Oliver earlier this year ?

REMINGTON JIM
12-27-2011, 10:03 AM

Hey i am just up above Clearwater - they come from here o get there - if they make it ! LOL

Cyrus
12-27-2011, 03:20 PM
awesome looking display!!

dana
12-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Very nice looking bunch.

aggiehunter
12-28-2011, 10:46 PM
That is a really nice looking chimney you must have just built.............

Jelvis
12-28-2011, 11:16 PM
just built? does aggie know sump tink vee dont? I smell a fish. lol.
Jel the twooth comes out from angiehunter

BiG Boar
01-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Thats taxidermy money well spent. When do we get the stories?

WKCotts
08-27-2012, 09:14 AM
still waiting.....

The Dude
08-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Methinks the stories are for the "Clan", lol.

Grousedaddy
08-27-2012, 11:42 AM
My guess is all paid hunts on private property but i could very well be wrong nice bucks any way look forward to some stories

Brambles
08-27-2012, 12:37 PM
My guess is all paid hunts on private property but i could very well be wrong nice bucks any way look forward to some stories

Oh please do tell how you came to that conclusion?

BiG Boar
08-27-2012, 12:43 PM
Oh please do tell how you came to that conclusion?

Because he is afraid of telling stories. Just kidding.

Probably LEH in one of the better states.

weatherby_man
08-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Beautiful display of mounts.

OutWest
08-27-2012, 10:51 PM
Methinks the stories are for the "Clan", lol.

Yup

A guy shoots some crankers and they're automatically paid hunts on private property?

The Dude
08-27-2012, 11:04 PM
And the beat goes onnnn.......

OR: Some people could buy many trail cams and burn out boot leather scouting all year and passing up on "average" bucks to nail the pisscutters.........
.....Only sayin'

hunter1993ap
08-27-2012, 11:11 PM
i like the wide one! that one has to be from down south right :wink:

Ourea
08-27-2012, 11:19 PM
Yup

A guy shoots some crankers and they're automatically paid hunts on private property?

Funny how that works.:confused:
Best part is the "best of the best" have not seen the light of the Internet.
The "Clan" as Dude put it, will eventually give up more.
Nothing recent is the the rule.
358Mag's kid has dumped some serious shit lately....totally off the radar as it should be.
There r Booner's killed every year that are never posted or selfishly promoted for personal recognition.
There is a lot of very successful hunters out there that are content hiding in a fox hole rather than crowing like a little French rooster.
Doesnt serve the site well from an interest/excitement perspective...but you got to respect their humility.

The Dude
08-27-2012, 11:29 PM
This humility is useless without pics! LOL

Ourea
08-27-2012, 11:33 PM
This humility is useless without pics! LOL

Call them useless then.
im good with that.:lol:

goinghunting
08-28-2012, 06:31 AM
................... you should see his kid's wall ..... ;);););)

Let's see it then?

coach
08-28-2012, 07:46 AM
Best part is the "best of the best" have not seen the light of the Internet.
The "Clan" as Dude put it, will eventually give up more.
Nothing recent is the rule.

You mean, if we all sit back patiently, little by little over time, we'll get to see something really special? Kind of sounds like a hunting career. I respect that.

The mentality of, "gotta see it all right now" and them quickly move on is a rather recent phenomena, helped along by the Internet.

Looking forward to, one day, seeing more of the collection. Wouldn't mind the odd story or two as well, but I have faith that good things eventually come to those who wait.

MOUNTAIN MAN - TOYOTA/ATV
08-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Very nice - 5 mounted deer!!

rides bike to work
08-28-2012, 07:55 PM
I think the op has to disclose if these are Bc deer
If they are not they are in the wrong section and should be moved to out of province hunts
As per forum rules;)

Ourea
08-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Stopped by an old and highly regarded friend of mine yesterday. Most fit hard core guy I've ever laced up boots with....and that is sayin something. We hunted together for years. Nothing was too far, nothing was too tough, he was and is a mountain machine. Anyway, as I am going back to an area we once shared, I wanted to check in with him and let him know I'm goin back, have been cuttin trail recently. I know he never stopped hunting it. Wanted to get his hunting plans so I would not interfere with any hunt he may have coming up.
We ended up in his garage.....the rafters were laydened with elk antlers... All pigs and he is not a selective hunter.
I mention this to underscore here is yet another example of a "quiet hunter" that has over a half dozen book animals and are nothing more than rafter ornaments to him.
There are many hard core guys that have achieved incredible success. Their old school approach results in the Internet community not being privy to the information.
imagine a guy that solo packed over a half dozen 330 to 360 bulls out of grizzly country being prodded by a road hunting Internet junkie to "post it up". ....Like, what's the big deal..they are clueless to the commitment and physical sacrifice these guys go thru to get their game.

And you wonder why the hard core sheep and trophy hunters are more and more hesitant to post.

Back to this thread... Have noticed a few posts from some members that will showcase a mount they got back. Behind that mount is a bevy of trophy animals. No "look at me approach". Just tossin a pic up of a recent addition to their wall.
They are not seeking accolades. Just discretely sharing. I tip my hat to those that share the same approach.

Jesus...starting to sound like a Seagrams commercial, LOL!

Brambles
08-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Dozen book animals eh?? Man i could spend a year looking and talking in that garage in a day! Good for him, it was a tougher breed back then, I have lots of respect for the tough and heardy older generation! From the wars to mining and forestry camps of yesteryear! Never a wasted minute talking to the "experianced" members of the community!

GoatGuy
08-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Stopped by an old and highly regarded friend of mine yesterday. Most fit hard core guy I've ever laced up boots with....and that is sayin something. We hunted together for years. Nothing was too far, nothing was too tough, he was and is a mountain machine. Anyway, as I am going back to an area we once shared, I wanted to check in with him and let him know I'm goin back, have been cuttin trail recently. I know he never stopped hunting it. Wanted to get his hunting plans so I would not interfere with any hunt he may have coming up.
We ended up in his garage.....the rafters were laydened with elk antlers... All pigs and he is not a selective hunter.
I mention this to underscore here is yet another example of a "quiet hunter" that has over a half dozen book animals and are nothing more than rafter ornaments to him.
There are many hard core guys that have achieved incredible success. Their old school approach results in the Internet community not being privy to the information.
imagine a guy that solo packed over a half dozen 330 to 360 bulls out of grizzly country being prodded by a road hunting Internet junkie to "post it up". ....Like, what's the big deal..they are clueless to the commitment and physical sacrifice these guys go thru to get their game.

And you wonder why the hard core sheep and trophy hunters are more and more hesitant to post.

Back to this thread... Have noticed a few posts from some members that will showcase a mount they got back. Behind that mount is a bevy of trophy animals. No "look at me approach". Just tossin a pic up of a recent addition to their wall.
They are not seeking accolades. Just discretely sharing. I tip my hat to those that share the same approach.

Jesus...starting to sound like a Seagrams commercial, LOL!
Hahaha, all you're doing is refining the questions, not the motivations .

There's two different kinds of hunters. The hunter who's competing with other hunters and the guy who is competing with nature. The difference is subtle for those who don't get it.

Ourea
08-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Hahaha, all you're doing is refining the questions, not the motivations .

There's two different kinds of hunters. The hunter who's competing with other hunters and the guy who is competing with nature. The difference is subtle for those who don't get it.

Point duly noted.
i think the gap is far greater than "subtle" however.
Two totaly different perspectives seldom reflect a subtle difference.

The Dude
08-28-2012, 11:28 PM
Along those lines, one of my best friends, a rancher, has a few sheds out back of his place where he keeps his tools, farm eqpt, whatever.
Couple of years ago I was in the barn where they keep the dogs, and on the bench were two huge Stones rams.
Turns out my buddy used to be a Guide, and he'd pop the odd generous full curl to fill the freezer :D
Go to the pump shack, and there's a 180" Mulie
Go to the horse barn, there's a 185 WT etc etc.
You'll never see his name in a record book, though.

Ourea
08-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Along those lines, one of my best friends, a rancher, has a few sheds out back of his place where he keeps his tools, farm eqpt, whatever.
Couple of years ago I was in the barn where they keep the dogs, and on the bench were two huge Stones rams.
Turns out my buddy used to be a Guide, and he'd pop the odd generous full curl to fill the freezer :D
Go to the pump shack, and there's a 180" Mulie
Go to the horse barn, there's a 185 WT etc etc.
You'll never see his name in a record book, though.

Dozens like him out there.

The Dude
08-28-2012, 11:46 PM
Makes you wonder what the Book would look like if they were ALL reported........

Ourea
08-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Makes you wonder what the Book would look like if they were ALL reported........

Depends. The Book means everything to some .... And absolutely nothing to others.

BiG Boar
08-29-2012, 07:11 AM
The book means absolutely nothing to others you say....

Who cares if you have shot the 397th biggest buck in the reported world, I agree. There are probably (in reality) a couple thousand that are bigger that were never entered. That being said, I don't believe there are any hunters out there, who now a days, if they shot the world record stones sheep or whitetail, they wouldn't have it measured by a pannel and put in the book. Anyone who says they wouldn't is a liar or hasn't shot a number #1 head yet.

Not to mention, if the book does truly mean nothing, then you ask a hunter what size a rack on that elk you got on the garage wall, and he can tell you a rough score, it means the book does mean something, because without the book, there would be no scoring system.

Anyone who puts a big giant buck, or elk mount, etc on their wall is bragging to someone. Unless they are friendless. In which case they should focus on that more than hunting. Even if they are nonchalant about it when you walk into the room. Read some of the hunting books pre 1940s, most of the time they shot the giant bull last (as the meat was the toughest), and then left the horns there instead of packing them out!

Any hunter who turns down a 160 class mulie buck on a repeat basis is most likely a trophy hunter. Its not just about the meat anymore, no matter if you post it up or don't, its about bragging rights.

Know it all hunters don't keep coming to this site to read the threads "My 15th meat buck down!" they come to this site in hopes of seeing crankers on the ground and living vicariously reading the tale that brought it down. We all appreciate big bucks, and hog sheep, and giant boars. The more each person can contribute, the more we all enjoy this site.

The Dude
08-29-2012, 07:26 AM
I think the quintessential question here is:

Why do we chase the largest Elk, the biggest ram, the fattest Grizz?

And that's pretty much it....... new thread now.

doubled
08-29-2012, 07:28 AM
Ourea has some great points and I definitely respect and appreciate that approach. On the other hand BB has some great points too and I love seeing somebodies dream animal on display. There are right ways to do it and wrong ways and that I think is where people get it mixed up.

one-shot-wonder
08-29-2012, 07:29 AM

Makes you wonder what the Book would look like if the POACHERS were reported.......

Fixed it for ya..... ;)

The Dude
08-29-2012, 07:35 AM
Don't get me started.....

dogger
08-29-2012, 09:52 AM
And the answer is?????

Ourea
08-29-2012, 10:40 AM

Who cares if you have shot the 397th biggest buck in the reported world, I agree. There are probably (in reality) a couple thousand that are bigger that were never entered. That being said, I don't believe there are any hunters out there, who now a days, if they shot the world record stones sheep or whitetail, they wouldn't have it measured by a pannel and put in the book. Anyone who says they wouldn't is a liar or hasn't shot a number #1 head yet.

Not to mention, if the book does truly mean nothing, then you ask a hunter what size a rack on that elk you got on the garage wall, and he can tell you a rough score, it means the book does mean something, because without the book, there would be no scoring system.

Anyone who puts a big giant buck, or elk mount, etc on their wall is bragging to someone. Unless they are friendless. In which case they should focus on that more than hunting. Even if they are nonchalant about it when you walk into the room. Read some of the hunting books pre 1940s, most of the time they shot the giant bull last (as the meat was the toughest), and then left the horns there instead of packing them out!

Any hunter who turns down a 160 class mulie buck on a repeat basis is most likely a trophy hunter. Its not just about the meat anymore, no matter if you post it up or don't, its about bragging rights.

Know it all hunters don't keep coming to this site to read the threads "My 15th meat buck down!" they come to this site in hopes of seeing crankers on the ground and living vicariously reading the tale that brought it down. We all appreciate big bucks, and hog sheep, and giant boars. The more each person can contribute, the more we all enjoy this site.

To be specific.............being in the "book' means nothing to some even though they have animals that would easily make it. I have found some of these people to be the most passionate yet humble outdoors men I have ever met.
Not a slight at anyone.
Just different strokes for different folks is all.
Life would be boring if we were all the same.

GoatGuy
08-29-2012, 11:42 AM

Buddy was in on a cat that would be #1 or #2 if they were in to the book thing.

Some people live through the size antlers, some the tale.

To some, the differences are subtle, others not so much.

Grousedaddy
08-30-2012, 03:26 PM
You guys are hardcore man i just put in a guess like the rest of you and like i stated before " i can very well be wrong" and most big big bucks come from areas that have a controlled hunting pressure that lets those bucks fully mature im not trying to argue it was a simple guess most arwas are hunted hard by hundreds of hunters hard for bucks to grow to that potential on crown land not impossible but rare so say what you like it was a simple guess brambles u meed to chill out i see you like causing arguments behind your keyboard go out and get laid or somethin haha

Ourea
08-30-2012, 04:39 PM
You guys are hardcore man i just put in a guess like the rest of you and like i stated before " i can very well be wrong" and most big big bucks come from areas that have a controlled hunting pressure that lets those bucks fully mature im not trying to argue it was a simple guess most arwas are hunted hard by hundreds of hunters hard for bucks to grow to that potential on crown land not impossible but rare so say what you like it was a simple guess brambles u meed to chill out i see you like causing arguments behind your keyboard go out and get laid or somethin haha

There are more big bucks killed on crown land during GOS in BC than you realize.
Just because they don't end up on this site or in the "book" doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
I know of at least half a dozen 190+ and up bucks killed the last few years.
The guys that are good at it are very proficient at finding, hunting and killing trophy game.
It's the same 80 - 20 rule that applies to most things.