PDA

View Full Version : Sheep Poached Now at 5

12-23-2011, 07:28 PM
So as of Dec. 20 2011, the dead sheep count and left now hits 5.

2 near Lytton last week, 3 more near Clinton.

Pathetic waste of a wonderful wildlife resource.

I hope some one gets nailed to the cross, and I'm not talking Jesus.

Still no one in custody or charged.

CT

Fido
12-23-2011, 07:37 PM
I will bring the nails.

ianwuzhere
12-23-2011, 07:40 PM
maybe there needs to be a very high presence of conservation officers in the areas to deter this kind of stuff and hopefully zoom in on who's responsible...

Ovis17
12-23-2011, 10:23 PM
This bull$hit has gotta be dealt with.....WTF is going on???

beni
12-23-2011, 10:26 PM
Hmmm, where are other easily accessible herds around? Kamloops lake maybe?

If it's a pattern, then hopefully they've thought of it and may increase presence in the area

srupp
12-23-2011, 11:03 PM
seems to happen from time to time...

srupp

Tikka270wsm
12-23-2011, 11:03 PM
This makes me sick!

snareman1234
12-23-2011, 11:17 PM
These guys gotta go down

Stone Sheep Steve
12-24-2011, 07:25 AM
Hope if they're caught the fines will run the current rate for guided hunts for 5 bighorn rams(let's hope it stops at 5).
Better idea would be to cut their fingers off so they can't do it again.

SSS

Swamp mule
12-24-2011, 07:30 AM
Where in clinton are the sheep getting poached?

RAMIFICATION
12-24-2011, 07:44 AM
What's the story? All rams? Shot and just left to rot? WTF!

bc traper
12-24-2011, 08:21 AM
herd it was at big bar 2 rams and 1 ewe

JohnS
12-24-2011, 08:59 AM
Lets hope these a$$wipes get nailed soon, now if all them millions of dollars that got wasted on the G.R. went to maybe getting a few more CO's it would stop this BS. Thats 5 Sheep in total so far how is the impact going to be felt on the regs and to the herd? for all sheep hunter's? To me its Murder plain and simple and should be delt with the same way. Harsh maybe but think about what they did if they can just Kill a Animal like that what else are they capable of?

12-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Truly pathetic. I can comprehend what type of sick ******* would poach multiple rams. Surely somebody knows something. Perhaps a reward would get someone talking?

4lojoe
12-24-2011, 09:28 AM
stupid ,plain stupid ahand full of pathetic losers can tarnish the reputations of law abiding hunters and set back years of hard work by dedicated out door groups is just plain stupid. they are theives stealing from the whole province. wasteful idiots....

12-24-2011, 10:37 AM
As said from some one above the 3 in Clinton area were 2 rams and a ewe. I'm not sure what the count of ewes/rams is total yet but regardless this is pitiful !

Takes a real HERO to do this kind of crap ...... LOOSER with a capital L ! Not a person of much brain ......... needs to swallow a bullet big time ! The courts don't do enough, all the work through the Ministry, Gun Clubs, Volunteers, WSSBC, all go to waste because of Jack ___'s like this.

Come on CO's, RCMP, I hope you get this or these persons responsible ! Give them a Christmas present they won't want ........ like jail and a lifetime ban from hunting and fire arms along with a HUGE fine ..........

CT

The Dude
12-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Where's the Clinton incident? (although I think I know where, and it boils my blood)

scottwh
12-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Useless people like this should be shot for breathing our oxygen, let alone shooting our sheep...

millman911
12-24-2011, 11:08 AM
4 rams and one ewe. These are just the ones found. There could be alot more that haven`t been found. Makes a guy want to puke.

Darksith
12-25-2011, 12:41 AM
I wonder if its all the same caliber

BiG Boar
12-25-2011, 03:57 AM
It's too bad that the CO's don't actually work with this site. Here are 10,000 hunters that care about these kind of things and they are not even using this resource to their advantage. No info, barely a description, and we members here don't expect more from them!? We are 20,000 eyes in the field, yet we have nothing to look for. No caliber, no time of day, no idea of who it might be, barley a location, no means of probable transportation? This is a world of social media. Get with the program and use HBC to your advantage! Hate to say it.....

gutpile
12-25-2011, 04:16 AM
I know CO;s do look on this site

hunter1947
12-25-2011, 04:21 AM
One sick puppy this person has to be apprehended real quick..

hunter1947
12-25-2011, 04:23 AM
It's too bad that the CO's don't actually work with this site. Here are 10,000 hunters that care about these kind of things and they are not even using this resource to their advantage. No info, barely a description, and we members here don't expect more from them!? We are 20,000 eyes in the field, yet we have nothing to look for. No caliber, no time of day, no idea of who it might be, barley a location, no means of probable transportation? This is a world of social media. Get with the program and use HBC to your advantage! Hate to say it.....

You are right Dave there should be a place on this site for the CO ,good point..

NaStY
12-25-2011, 07:32 AM
There are co's on this site all the time.

Sure hope the rcmp and or co's find these idiots before a hunter does.

frenchbar
12-25-2011, 07:44 AM

Theres many reasons that law enforcement doesn't just dole out info on committed crimes to the public..especialy to a bunch of hillbilly rednecks on a hunting forum...

The Dude
12-25-2011, 07:53 AM
Theres many reasons that law enforcement doesn't just dole out info on committed crimes to the public..especialy to a bunch of hillbilly rednecks on a hunting forum...

I resemble that remark! I'm calling RAPP on you now!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d25/fattonyis/redneck.jpg

frenchbar
12-25-2011, 08:00 AM
hehe...you get the picture lol

Jelvis
12-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Kamloops paper, the Kamloops Daily News broke the story here on the CO's version, they talked about these three sheep west of Clinton were shot at approx 220 meters from the spot they shot from, 220 meters is quite a ways. The Co's said it looks like someone is taking target practice and yet the other sheep were shot point blank range in Lytton.
The Co's are working on catching this deviant person or persons trying to see if there is a connection to the killings.
The Kamloops regional, is very concerned and expressed it in the paper. Good luck to the Ministry. Professionals all-the-way
J/p

Caveman
12-25-2011, 10:58 PM
I resemble that remark! I'm calling RAPP on you now!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d25/fattonyis/redneck.jpg

I Bubba Duchesne do solemnly swear to enforce the law so duly appointed to me as deputy CO. Of course I could recruit my cousins Cooter and Jim Bob!! Do I get a badge????

The Dude
12-26-2011, 01:35 AM
Reward offered for info about bighorn shootings

Hunters and wildlife lovers have offered up a $5,000 reward to help authorities catch the person responsible for senselessly shooting four bighorn rams and a ewe.
Chris Barker, the president of the Wild Sheep Society of B.C., said his group partnered with the Hunting Guide Association of B.C. and the B.C. Wildlife Federation to create the reward, which will be given to anyone who provides information leading to the successful prosecution of the killers.
The five sheep were found shot and left last week, in two locations along the Fraser River near Lytton and Clinton. No attempts were made to recover any portion of the animals.
The conservation service has said nothing indicates the killings are linked, although nothing suggests they are not. Regardless, Barker said he hopes the reward will convince someone to say something, providing a needed break in the case.
Barker said his group also intends to lobby government to create stiffer penalties to those who illegally kill game animals, saying the penalties often imposed in poaching cases are too light.
Fines approaching $5,000 combined with the possibility of jail would serve as a greater deterrent, he said.
Anyone with information is asked to call the conservation service’s reporting line at 1-877-952-7277 (RAPP).

http://www.kamloopsnews.ca/article/20111222/KAMLOOPS0101/111229912/reward-offered-for-info-about-bighorn-shootings

The Dude
12-26-2011, 01:38 AM
Five trophy big horn sheep targeted by poachers in southern Interior

December 19, 2011

The Canadian Press

Conservation officers worry someone may be gunning down prize big horn sheep, purely for target practice.
In two separate incidents since Dec. 13, five of the trophy animals have been found shot and dumped near southern Interior towns.
The latest incident occurred Friday and Sgt. Steve Wasilyk says two rams and a ewe were shot and left for dead on a ranch near Clinton.
Two big horn sheep, both rams, were found dumped near Lytton last Tuesday.
Wasilyk says there’s nothing to suggest the two cases are linked, but he says both incidents are extremely unusual.
Anyone with information is being urged to call the Conservation Service anonymous tip line.

http://www.kamloopsnews.ca/article/20111219/KAMLOOPS0101/111219806/five-trophy-big-horn-sheep-targeted-by-poachers-in-southern-interior

MountainHigh
12-26-2011, 02:00 AM

BB, They are pretty connected...more than you think! The flow of info here in HBC is incredible and the CO's are on it..don't worry. I found the sheep in Lytton, and the CO's are working hard to catch those responsible. Its just how a proper investigation is run. I'm sure those responsible will be caught!

MountainHigh
12-26-2011, 02:02 AM
5K is a lot of money!!

The Dude
12-26-2011, 02:43 AM
BB, They are pretty connected...more than you think! The flow of info here in HBC is incredible and the CO's are on it..don't worry. I found the sheep in Lytton, and the CO's are working hard to catch those responsible. Its just how a proper investigation is run. I'm sure those responsible will be caught!

What do you know of the Big Bar sheep? Was it same caliber? Location?
A friend in Clinton just emailed me and said the total is now 7, but I can't yet confirm that.

Darksith
12-26-2011, 12:14 PM
You can't forget that most CO's are also hunters, so it would make sense for them to be on this site both for personal and professional reasons. Its a shame that some make negative assumptions about how the CO's operate when they really have no clue. You know what assuming does right? It makes an ass of U and me...;) We need to respect, support and assist all CO's as they do their best with the very limited assistance from their employers. They have almost 0 $ for a budget, are way way under staffed, and anyone on this site that attempts to paint them in a negative image is only making their jobs harder which makes it easier for dirt bags to make us all look like criminals. The real problem is a lack of funding and man power, that is something that we as a community can attempt to influence in a positive manor.